2011 MLB - Part III - World Series, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF. This is astonishing.

angels to sign albert pujols
by tim dierkes [december 8, 2011 at 8:56am cst]
the angels are the bridesmaid no more. Albert pujols will sign with the angels for ten years and $250-260mm, tweets yahoo's tim brown. He'll receive a full no-trade clause. Pujols decided this morning, writes brown. If pujols received more than $252mm, his new deal will be the second-largest in baseball history in both its total and average annual value.

Lefty C.J. Wilson will join Albert Pujols in Los Angeles, as the Angels continue a surprising free agent spending spree. The Halos completed a deal with Wilson today, an executive who spoke to the team told Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

The AL West will be very interesting.

Really odd... completely unexpected. I'm not disappointed in losing out in Pujols but really annoyed about Wilson. We could've had one nasty rotation. Hopefully the Marlins push hard at a Wandy Rodriguez or a Roy Oswalt.

At least Cardinals fans can quit force feeding us that he's a "class act." He took the money and ran, like everyone else in the league.

So their payroll is gonna be, what, like 3rd of 4th next year? I hope they fall on their faces like usual.

325m committed between two players in a matter of a few hours. Dropping bombs over there in LA...

Anyways... at least I can rid the suspicion of Pujols using the Marlins to up St. Louis's offer. Or... did he just fail and then the Marlins backed out?

so last year there was a Heat backlash
then an Eagles backlash

an Angels backlash on the horizon?

I don't know about that, but there's a Pujols backlash in St. Louis. I guarantee that a ton of Cardinals' fans knee-jerk reactions this morning were "FUCK PUJOLS!"

If people cared about the Florida Panthers they'd realize they bought the entire FA pool :lol:

The Marlins are still gonna get some hate. Especially if they pick up another pitcher. Although hopes of 'dream team' died with Pujols.

Word around town is the Marlins offered Pujols $275m and $100m to CJ Wilson. Calling BS on the Pujols offer (as it seems to come from sources surrounding Pujols, probably to make him not look like a greedy bastard, not that that would be wrong). As for the Wilson bit, I genuinely believe he took less to play at home.

GirlsAloudFan said:
I don't know about that, but there's a Pujols backlash in St. Louis. I guarantee that a ton of Cardinals' fans knee-jerk reactions this morning were "FUCK PUJOLS!"

He helped them win two titles. They need to chill the fuck out.

Nah if I were a Cardinals fan I'd be pretty pissed. Basically all this means is that all that crap he was saying during the season and playoffs was "deuces, I'm outta here!".

The Angels will have a good offense next season.

But look at the roster. They're old.

Pujols, Bobby Abreu, Torii Hunter, Vernon Wells...these dudes are all old and regressing. And that's the core of the lineup. They do have that Trumbo kid who came up big last year. And Trout, who's supposed to be a beast. But, yeah.

I'm not all that worried about the Los Angeles Angels of Southern California/Anaheim.

At least Cardinals fans can quit force feeding us that he's a "class act." He took the money and ran, like everyone else in the league.

Both sentiments I kind of feel. The Fuck Pujols part, I mean. I just don't like it when franchise players leave. At all. There are exceptions (I want Zambrano gone like nobody's business), but I just hate to see someone like Pujols go, and it's one of the things I kind of hate about baseball. No one stays with their team their whole career anymore. They try to suck every last season they can out of themselves, and a lot of the time, they end up looking like greedy bastards.

Really odd... completely unexpected. I'm not disappointed in losing out in Pujols but really annoyed about Wilson. We could've had one nasty rotation. Hopefully the Marlins push hard at a Wandy Rodriguez or a Roy Oswalt.
You do not want Oswalt. He's got a bad back. That shit doesn't go away.

Very well. Replace Roy Oswalt with Yu Darvish or Edwin Jackson. I'm not complainin! I just want another pitcher to complete the rotation.

Oh yes, I hear you, I'm just warning you guys about his baggage. He threw out his back fixing his house after the tornadoes last year and missed a lot of time and lost velocity. He's already in his mid-30s and is one of those guys I could see just hanging it up out of the blue because he isn't a baseball lover.

Pujols, Bobby Abreu, Torii Hunter, Vernon Wells...these dudes are all old and regressing. And that's the core of the lineup. They do have that Trumbo kid who came up big last year. And Trout, who's supposed to be a beast. But, yeah.

The sad thing, though, is that of Pujols, Wells, Hunter, Abreu, Morales, Trumbo, Bourjos, and Trout, only 5 of them can play at a time. Which three do you bench? If one of them is Trout, the answer is incorrect.

Bench Wells and Trumbo and their sub-0.300 OBPs. Morales hasn't played in what, 18 months?

Cards' fans should be relieved. The Cards got Albert's best seasons and 2 World Series Championships at a relatively cheap price. The Halos are gonna be overpaying for a dude who is beat up and in the decline of his career.

While I would've loved to have him on my team batting in a lineup with Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, and Mike Stanton... it's a total dick move. I can't imagine any reason for wanting to leave St. Louis, which was so good to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom