2011 MLB - Part III - World Series, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody remember if Washington did anything horrible in the ASG to vastly improve the NL's chances? I think he might have, but can't recall specifics offhand.

Now we turn our eyes to 2012.

Robin Ventura? I don't know if he can do anything as a manager. One of the best defensive 3rd basemen of the last 20 years, though. Too bad he can't take the field.

I think we should probably go out and sign Adam Dunn to fill our hole at DH.

I imagine some of the long time Cardinals fans are saying things like "This makes up for 1987! We're on the right end of the comeback this time!" :lol:

DRay, I'd watch it if I were you - I think I'm older than Mark :p

ha. i only said that because i posted a link to the 1991 series on his facebook page since the 20th anniversary of game 7 was this past week. he mentioned how it made him feel old

Good he's able to go out on top

wanted him to beat the dodgers in 88
really didn't care about 89
glad he got swept in 90

hope his health doesn't deteriorate too much in the coming years.

How was the game 7 experience (Pretty darn good I imagine)?

Ended up getting luxury suite tickets through my dad's work. Free alcohol, game 7 of the World Series, doesn't get much better than that. Plus we were literally right next to the Rangers owners suite, so getting into it with them a bit was fun as well.

BTW Joe Maddon grew up a huge Cardinals fan...

Edwin Jackson, Grady Sizemore, Fransisco Rodriguez, these are the names swirling around the Marlins.

I want Fielder! I want Buerhle! I want Wilson!

If you really want Buehrle, you should probably learn how to correctly spell his name.

A typo otherwise mistaken for a misspelling. I know how to spell Buehrle, but it's a bitch to type (I'm sure you don't care, but I've probably written his name about 100 times over the past month over at MarlinsBaseball).

Also, Francisco Rodriguez is spelled with a c. Surely a typo otherwise mistaken for a misspelling.

Edwin Jackson, Grady Sizemore, Fransisco Rodriguez, these are the names swirling around the Marlins.

I want Fielder! I want Buerhle! I want Wilson!

I've read that the Marlins expect to expand their payroll, yes. I've read they expect to multiply it by 1.5, which means 28 million in payroll extra. That might mean Fielder and Buehrle. That might mean Wilson and Sizemore. That might mean K-Rod and Jackson. It most certainly wouldn't be more than two unless neither of them are Fielder or Wilson.

Ideally speaking if Fielder or Pujols (slim chance) comes to Miami, that means Gaby Sanchez is gone so you've got to dump him off the books.

But I was just talking about Fielder, Buehrle, and Wilson. Not them three, plus the other names.

The same story goes if we add two pitchers, Ricky Nolasco is off the books.

85 million looks to be the Marlins ideal payroll spot, with some speculation going as high as 100 million (however unlikely). Needless to say, we're not talking 50 million here. As a Marlins fan, that is exciting. Hope they don't gip us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom