2011 MLB - Part III - World Series, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His fly ball tendencies could damage him in CBP. He's still young enough and should be good going forward.

It'll be interesting to see what the Red Sox will do. Do they give Bard the closer's job?

Edit: that said, I hate long term contracts for reliever.

There will be no need for apologies if we grab some big names in the FA pool.

However... if it's all for the sake of PR... I'll be pretty upset. And there's always that chance.

Good news on Ramos, too.

Sweet Jesus! Glad he's okay.

The kidnapping ordeal of Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos ended after two days when Venezuelan police commandos swooped in to rescue him in a flurry of gunfire and arrested five alleged abductors.

Ramos said he was happy and thankful to be alive, and that the final moments had been hair-raising as police and the kidnappers exchanged heavy fire in the remote mountainous area where he was being held.

Abducted major leaguer Wilson Ramos rescued - CBS News

Bonifacio and Infante

Marlins2012confedential-1.jpg

I'm in Miami Bitch- LMFAO - YouTube

The Marlins this week have made offers to Reyes, Buehrle, Pujols, and Madson.

Speculation is that they'd only intend upon getting one of them, and maybe two if we're talking Madson (and I hope not). Or... if they genuinely decide to spend some cash.

Also, that the priority among those 4 is Jose Reyes.

Well, he was way overused in those last two weeks of the season because the rest of the bullpen collapsed. I don't think that was his fault. Also, Crawford basically shitted the bed in the last game.

Don't be shocked if the Sox give Aceves a shot at closing.

Bard's not ready.

I love Aceves, but I don't think last season's performance is at all sustainable for him.

I'm fine with Boston throwing Bard out there to the wolves for next season and seeing if he can fend for himself.

#Marlins met with Mark Buehrle agent today. Don't b shocked if they get him

Reyes to Miami is also sounding more and more realistic.

It'd be so awesome to get Buehrle, Reyes, and Cespedes. Although if I had to choose just one (and I imagine choosing just one would be the realistic thing to do), it'd have to be Buehrle. Our rotation sucks, otherwise.

The apparent offer on the table to Albert Pujols from Miami is a 9 year, $200 million+ deal.

I'm calling horse shit. Pure PR move. No intentions to sign.

Colorado wants Figgins and would give up a prospect if we eat most of his contract? Count me in!

LuckyNumber7 said:
The apparent offer on the table to Albert Pujols from Miami is a 9 year, $200 million+ deal.

I'm calling horse shit. Pure PR move. No intentions to sign.

:eyebrow:

A lot of speculation has been that the Marlins are trying to make waves in the public eye to ride along with all of the hype about the new jerseys, ballpark, and franchise.

Well then you'll be glad to know:

Mets out, Angels out, Brewers out, Nationals out. Marlins with the highest (public) offer. Sounds to me like Reyes is a Marlin.

If so, I wouldn't be jumping with joy. I'm certainly happy that we'd be bringing in talent, but it seems to me that allocating big $$ to a position that we already have is a bit backwards. I don't know where that'd put Hanley. I'd imagine 3B, considering that's a hole and Infante is at 2nd. God only knows Hanley would make an awful 2B.

Which by filling the 3B spot would leave the only hole at CF. Which could either be filled by Emilio Bonifacio or Yoenis Cespedes. I'd go with the latter, considering Bonifacio's versatility I'd like to have a utility player that can play just about every position (which means he could still play almost every game).

Or alternatively if there's actually a willingness for the Marlins to spend $200 million + on Albert Pujols, that's another can of worms with trades and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom