2011 Australian Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Venus really should've retired before coming onto court. She did not look good at all after a few points, visibly limping. :no:

The crowd were very pissed off, too, and with good reason.

Stosur lost to Kvitova, and I'm not surprised in the least. Kvitova is a great, young player. :up:

No, not really. For us, anyway, we'll just be shown another delayed match after.

No, not really. For us, anyway, we'll just be shown another delayed match after.
we get far better coverage here, but i had to laugh this evening.

i was watching the end of the peer/pennetta match i mentioned earlier assuming it was live (it probably was), and of course the network decided to switch the the very start of stosur's match. so i went to check the rest of the match i was trying to watch online, saw the result and had my curiosity satisfied....then a few minutes later they showed the last point of the match as though they'd cut back to show it live as it finished.

if it wasn't for the internet they'd have had me fooled. was good to see andy roddick on twitter blasting the australian broadcasting for showing delayed matches while there was still live tennis on.

i hope sky starts to dedicate multiple channels to tennis grand slams at some point.

#streamofconsciousness

Andy Roddick can always be trusted for saying it like it really is. I tend to respect him just for that alone.

I know the kid's only 18/19 but Tomic seems to have probably the most batshit boring game I've ever seen. He just paddles the ball around the court at a speed which I consistently muster. :lol:

He'll be a top 50 player at the very least alright, but he can do better than hit these pissweak strokes.

Still wins him matches, though.

It'll be the death of me when Tomic makes the big time for real. I can't stand him, I just can't.

As well as Tomic played, I think that's the worst I've seen Nadal perform for a while. He really was awful and definitely not near his best.

He should grabbed the second set. 4-0 up. Easy to say just from watching, but he was looking good in the second set.

Would have been nice to push Rafa to 4 sets.

cobl04 said:
who's in your dp Danny? and why isn't it my future wife Caroline Wozniacki?

and was Tomic really 4-0 up in the second set? :crack:

It's sharapova. Look I didn't want to steal your future wife from you mate :wink:

I hate how my fellow countrymen/women always have to lose on Center Court. I only occasionally get a chance to see them play on TV as it is. :sad:

It's mood-destroying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom