2011 Australian Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jankovic has been terrible lately. (Didn't Stosur beat her at some stage during the French open?)

Anywho I'm thinking about getting tickets to one of the sessions this weekend, but I don't know which!

And also, I just want to add that the Australian flag next to Australian players' names on the scoreboard pisses me off. As if we don't already know that they're Australian. :rolleyes:

Jankovic has been terrible lately. (Didn't Stosur beat her at some stage during the French open?)

Anywho I'm thinking about getting tickets to one of the sessions this weekend, but I don't know which!

Yeah, I remember Stosur beat her there, but then again, Stosur is only ever top-10 worthy on clay. Outside top-10 anywhere else. :shrug:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jankovic fell in the rankings as the year goes on, seems to have peaked pretty early along along with Ivanovic.

And also, I just want to add that the Australian flag next to Australian players' names on the scoreboard pisses me off. As if we don't already know that they're Australian. :rolleyes:

I don't mind them doing it. But if they are putting the aussie flag on, I don't see why they just don't have a flag for every player!

Channel 7 sucks balls. I hate Bruce's tennis commentary almost as much as his AFL work these days. He's been asking stupid questions the whole tournament!

Much of what he says goes like this ...

"*states an obvious fact about match*, isn't he/she/it?"

I still really like Jim Courier despite his obvious mancrush on Federer.

Is Sandy Roberts doing the women's matches? He's pretty good. Luckily I have the option to watch the open on Fox Sports as well.

Failing that, there is always AO Radio.

Don't you get to choose between a whole bunch of matches on FoxSports?

:drool:

Yes, last night they had Sharapova on the main channel, and I pressed the red button and there were like 3 other matches to choose from, and another dedicated to interviews/news. :drool:

Wow, that's awesome. If I had the opportunity I'd get Foxtel just for FoxSports, screw the other shit.

I also want to say that I think Tomic's game is batshit boring and I refuse to watch him because of that and that he's a brat that pisses me off as much as Hewitt. :angry:

don't count Stosur out, vlad. i fail to see how she's "not top-10 worthy" other than on clay yet had she not choked at Wimbledon she'd have a trophy on grass :shrug:

rankings mean little in the womens game anyway. there's a new #1 every month.

i love Jim Courier, Sandy Roberts, and the tennis-aficionado commentators (Fitzgerald and the like). Leconte is entertaining ("oh yeah baby") but it's like every point is the best he's ever seen. Hamish McLachlan was commentating last night. odd choice but he went alright!

don't count Stosur out, vlad. i fail to see how she's "not top-10 worthy" other than on clay yet had she not choked at Wimbledon she'd have a trophy on grass :shrug:

rankings mean little in the womens game anyway. there's a new #1 every month.

i love Jim Courier, Sandy Roberts, and the tennis-aficionado commentators (Fitzgerald and the like). Leconte is entertaining ("oh yeah baby") but it's like every point is the best he's ever seen. Hamish McLachlan was commentating last night. odd choice but he went alright!

I'm not counting her out, but knowing her record on hardcourts I can't see her making it that far.

Interesting that you liked McLachlan, I'm hearing nothing but hate for him everywhere else.

:lol:

Men's tennis can turn into a bit of a "I can hit the ball harder than you" comp but what really, really pisses me off re women's tennis is the screaming/squeaking or whatever else those girlies are doing. Makes me want to go and slap someone. :angry:

The screams of Venus Williams yesterday were pretty wild, but you can tell that she was in some pain.

I watch/follow my favourite mainly for the game, though I have no guilt in admitting the attractiveness. And, uh, the country may be a big factor as well. :wink:

:scream:

Why does Lleyton Hewitt have to commentate matches now? I thought it was going to be the end of him and yet we have to put up with his irritating voice for the rest of the tournament. :censored:

I hope Roddick survives actually. I know he's largely unpopular in some parts, but I quite like him :shrug:

I like him, too. His tweets are pretty interesting in addition.

I also really like the look of this Robin Haase, hope he keeps this good work up, could be in for a long match. Roddick's attempt at intimidation would've absolutely frightened the socks off most other unseeded players. I loved Haase's reaction, that's the right way to go about it. :up:

Wawrinka v. Monfils tonight.

Roddick took the second. If Haase is really that good he won't collapse this set.

And Haase has collapsed. The through-the-legs shot he attempted was probably the worst decision made in professional men's tennis for quite a while. Baffling. He deserved to lose the game because of that.

:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom