2011 Australian Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murray choking yet again. Djokovic is completely outplaying him.

Murray's getting nowhere near enough first serves in.

Choking? He wasn't even in front to begin with.

What a horribly overused word.

Well he can't be throwing it all away since he never had it in the first place. ;)

But I agree, he's playing pretty badly. Match should've gone to 5 sets.

That's it. Murray really should've done better that but kudos to Djokovic.

I suppose my point is that he's playing nowhere near the level that we know he can play. See the US Open semi final against Nadal a couple of years ago for Murray at his best. Today he hasn't been aggressive enough, first serves haven't been good enough and he hasn't won the decisive points.

Having said all that Djokovic was excellent. Such a consistant performance. The length of his groundstrokes and his defensive lobs have been outstanding :up:

Djokovic is just getting better and better. He got to basically EVERYTHING which I found astounding, among the best defensive players on tour now.

What a bloody frustrating match, we kept waiting for Murray to pick up but he just never managed to make his short outbursts of aggression into something more consistent. Djokovic on the other hand was consistently excellent, and deserves his win.

It's starting to get bad for Murray. He seems to have a mental problem with playing Grand Slam finals.

My doopleganger did well :up: I always feel a little sad when the Tennis season finishes up here, ah well. Fox Sports have plenty of tennis till the French open.

One HD better actually show some live events other than the weekly ATP program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom