2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Yeah, $6. That's where the best value is, in the guest passes, and these are some of the best seats in the house at the MCG.

Are you sure you'd lose that membership status? I'd check that out, doesn't seem fair that you just get treated like a first year Collingwood member every year, just because you want the exceptional perks of being an AFL member. Walk up entry to 40 matches a year is a very sweet thing.

Apparently, AFL members have no special privileges at interstate games, which I find disappointing. I really do wanna go to a few interstate matches, and really need to get myself along to Football Park before they don't use that impressive Waverley-esque looking stadium anymore.

Awesomeness :up:

Possibly. I'm thinking if I have club support it might restart and then each year I am an AFL member with Collingwood support the status stays...I'll definitely be checking that out. Still tossing up to go AFL Membership or HD Pay-TV. Would like to have both I think :wink: But 40 games are year is just awesome.

I think some games you can. I saw a few posts on bigfooty about AFL members buying tickets to a game at Subi. The thread was from 2010 though, I believe.

Dean Bailey joins the Crows as a "Strategy and Innovation" coach. :up:

I was just looking at Wikipedia's list of overseas-born AFL players, and I must admit I'm surprised how few Kiwis have played in the AFL. I suppose a lot of Kiwi immigrants go to Sydney and southeast Queensland, which means that in general they keep playing one of the rugby codes.

I reckon Aussie Rules has a good long-term shot in New Zealand if the AFL is serious about promoting it, though. New Zealanders love free-flowing rugby (and don't take kindly to the slower style of play of Northern Hemisphere teams), so that puts something as fast-paced as Aussie Rules in good stead, and there are a shitload of cricket fields around the country on which it can be played.

The main problem, as with everything, is the small population. But then Melbourne has the same population as New Zealand, and across the AFL, NRL, Super 14, and the A-League, it supports heaps more professional teams than New Zealand does. So it's possible.

And hah, I just discovered that I went to the same primary school on the Gold Coast as Nick Riewoldt did. I only just missed him too - he would've been four years above me, but I was only there for 2.5 years.

I think that's the closest I've got to anybody famous coming from any school I went to!

My high school is famous for the Hilltop Hoods. :(

Ben Rutten and Adam Cooney also went there, however.

I heard that a few years ago (before I was at the school), the students had a petition to bring them back to perform at the school. :barf:

560b19e0.jpg

Ralph gets away with writing rubbish, like a junior version of Mike Sheahan.

We'll take Maric :) want McGuane?

Can we have Connors instead?

It appears that he has already been hanging about with Walker and Vince. So it's reasonable to expect that he'll be part of a player-for-player trade. :)

That would make a good, even deal.

So will I. One of the true great blokes of the game from what I've seen in interviews and major respect to him for going out like that.

But perhaps most importantly he balanced out the damage that Jonah did to rangas.

Speaking of players we went to school with.

One of his cousins goes to school and is in the same year as myself, mathematics nerd.

So will I. One of the true great blokes of the game from what I've seen in interviews and major respect to him for going out like that.

But perhaps most importantly he balanced out the damage that Jonah did to rangas.

You can't go out on any better note than a GF victory. Champion player.

Bernie Vince is not Asian, ergo his cousin isn't.

Learn to read, Cobblestone.

Going to miss Ling heaps, but could anybody possibly retire on a better note? I'd hang it up right now too if I were him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom