2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ottens has retired. Legend who was exceptional come finals. Single-handedly got us into the 2007 GF with. An unbelievable performance against Collingwood. Will surely go down as one of the best trades ever.

A great trade, for you and Melbourne (who got Maloney)! But not for Richmond, we got a shoddy draft pick, which turned into Pattison, who was a dud!

Wow, what an appalling decision by Richmond.

Going to miss Geelong's otters (I can't hear his name any other way).

Was a champion. Shame he was injured half the time, or at least it felt like that.

Article in The Age today about the International Rules series: Pumped up to fight apathy and Ireland

I was about to say "obviously the problem is that it's not on free-to-air" ... but I just checked the TV guide and 10 is broadcasting it tonight. Did I just somehow miss it last week, or was the first game not broadcast?

So much fighting breaking out in the International Rules tonight. :lol:

Just saw a new pic of Majak Daw. Has heaps of upper body strength, hard to believe he's the same skinny kid the Roos picked up. Surely he'll get a few games this year?

I guess we did okay. We picked up a guy who worked at the club as the mascot, someone who I remember from my previous high school (familiar face) and another who looks like Dolph Lundgren so I can't really complain.

Interviewing Mick Malthouse tomorrow.

He's spruiking his new role as a vice-chancellor's "fellow" at La Trobe. But it still counts!!

What the hell has Malthouse been made a fellow in, and why?

He will "lead, develop and support the implementation of leadership development and sports initiatives within the university and across key stakeholder groups."

In other words, he gives the uni a big name to tout and he gets a lot of money for not doing a whole lot at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom