2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide receive MD#2 (to get Crouch) and Luke Brown for pick 10 and the Davis compensation pick.

According to a few sources, we're looking at moving Tippett on.

Sam Reid (Bulldogs) is going to the GWS as uncontracted player no. 5.

Have you met him? There was a story on him on SBS a few days back in which you could just feel Craig Foster's veins bursting as Saad was a promising soccer player too.

There was a story on him on SBS a few days back in which you could just feel Craig Foster's veins bursting as Saad was a promising soccer player too.

:lmao: Yeah, how awful that the guy's chosen to play the more interesting sport!

Tom Lynch > Adelaide, Evaaarrnnn Maric :)sad:) to Richmond and pick 37 to St. Kilda

Brent Renouf > Port Adelaide, pick 33 > Hawthorn

As silly as it sounds, considering his repeats of shitheadedness, I think it would be stupid if a club badly in need of a forward overlooked him. Just give him a strict contract and if he stuffs up, he's out. This is a risk that may be worth taking.

I don't doubt that he wouldn't mess up off-field again, since he'd know it's his last chance. But is all the baggage worth it? And will he perform?

Hasn't he been consistently kicking bags in the VFL?

Even then, give him a pre-season.

So, a certain Adelaide United beat a certain Melbourne Victory last night...
emot-smugdog.gif

Maybe need an A-League thread?

Also, Scott Watters is the new St. Kilda coach.

Lewis Johnston > Adelaide with Tony Armstrong + 35 + late pick > Sydney

Excited with the Lewis Johnston trade, a sure fire replacement for Gunston. :hyper:

I'm not getting this.

About five people care about the A League and I think only one or two of them post on Interference.

(An improvement from the NSL days when the amount of people who cared was actually below zero.)

Clark > Melbourne for pick 12 on a 4 year deal. Weird backflip alright.

I could get really riled up about some of the above comments, but I'm biting my lip.

What I will say though is that in 10 years time, A-League attendances will be higher than NRL.

Anyway.. Richmond have Maric, now we need another key defender in support of Rance and the returning Moore and Grimes, and we're set to make finals.

The only time the A-League ever really matters is when Adelaide are playing the Victory, hence yesterday.

Can't see A-League audiences outnumbering NRL audiences in just a decade, tbh. Obviously there's a larger support base than Axver made out to be, but way too many people, even developed soccer fans of European/Middle Eastern/African origin, just don't take it seriously and prefer higher level leagues. Which is fair enough, I think. Nonetheless, I can still see it growing eventually. Has a better chance than the NBL ever did, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom