2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonnie I went to like every Pies game in 2010 and about a dozen alone last season, its not different to having someone with you. Take some headphones, listen to the game on the radio.

I went alone to a few Richmond games last year. It's fine, depending on where you're sat (somewhere GA would be best). Mind you, the fact that I was living right next door to one of the stadiums made it much easier, because I didn't have to do any kind of commute alone.

It's just like watching a game on the TV, but even better because you can smell the turf!

Living next door to one of the stadiums, inte? I've just been looking around for a new place, and judging by rents at the moment, christ that must've cost you a stack!

I was still paying less than $200 p/w, but that living situation kind of fell through. I was on Spencer St, so near Docklands, living the dream for a while. Could go home to grab a bite to eat at half-time!

But it was only because of that kind of proximity which gave me the will to go alone. If I had to commute from outer-suburbia for an hour or so, I wouldn't have bothered going alone. That commute was too off putting.

Slow start, but one of only four shows on TV I care to watch (Media Watch, Q&A and IGST are the others) is back, and I'm very happy.

I'm watching on a crackly, snowy, analogue channel cos the weather fucked us over. It feels like hell. #firstworldproblems

Wow, what happened out in Werribee, Danny? Our telly faded for like half a minute at 8:25, only on one channel (we were watching The Simpsons). Then everything was right again.

And the antenna in this building is notoriously shit! Used to die for no readily apparent reason last year. Had no telly for a whole weekend when it died just after business hours finished on a Friday (since repairs had to be organised through the lazy body corporate people).

Wow, stay classy, unnamed recruiters: AFL club 'prefers white parents'

I would, however, contemplate a restriction of ticket sales to people with at least one non-bogan parent. Might do something about racism from crowd members. :wink:

Collingwood cheer squad just returned from a visit to an orphanage in Zimbabwe. "it was a great opportunity meeting such underprivileged people with little hope in life," said Fred Mgombo, aged 6

Good to know that for all the beer-swilling idiot NFL fans, a more collectively racist league exists.

Nascar is still worse, probably.

Collingwood cheer squad just returned from a visit to an orphanage in Zimbabwe. "it was a great opportunity meeting such underprivileged people with little hope in life," said Fred Mgombo, aged 6

:laugh: That is now probably my second favourite Collingwood joke....I think I posted my favourite back in an old thread a couple of years back, must dig that up!

Rendall's a fucking idiot. Can't believe there are recruiters who are still years behind. Hope he gets what's coming to him.

Vlad will probably support the Power now. :up:

edit: So he's resigned, cool.

I can't really hate Rendell because he's recruited pretty well in recent years.

But this is ridiculous.

:lmao:

He was forced to resign, effective immediately. What a dumb thing he said.

Good. What an absolute twat.

WHAT HAPPEND? :ohmy: *looks up age site*

What a fucking toss bag. I'm sorry, but thats just stupid.

In less important news our War Captain seems to have done his foot in a practice match against Kim Duthrie, damn.

Rendell's comment

"I believe the comments in a meeting with Jason (community engagement officer Jason Mifsud) were taken out of context. They were misunderstood. I have a strong track record of recruiting Aboriginal players. My comments were about where recruiting could finish up without proactive work. I was trying to help.

“However, knowing the implication of such reports, I’ve decided to stand down.

“To stay would attach those comments to the club, which is not the case either.”

I'd be willing to give him benefit of the doubt here, as we've seen no published transcript of his original comments, only what Jason Mifsud said that he said. So they could have be misconstrued, but still, there doesn't appear to be much grey area.

Nope. Has no bearing on anything at all, really.

Our Foxtel is not being installed until April 14 now. They really dicked that one up. Good thing Dad got on the phone; he's more assertive than I and we got $45 off our first monthly bill.

Rendell's comment

I'd be willing to give him benefit of the doubt here, as we've seen no published transcript of his original comments, only what Jason Mifsud said that he said. So they could have be misconstrued, but still, there doesn't appear to be much grey area.

I don't know, that sort of sounds like some arse-covering to me. If the comments were actually misunderstood to the level he claims they were, he could sue for defamation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom