2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're reactions are laughable, because if we wore black and white, the jokes would be flying in *insert sterotypical collingwood joke* and this would be totally blown out of more proportion than it currently is. ;)

I'm not a reaction. :sad:

Holy shit, preseason or no preseason, that Crows result is pretty good all the same.

Even if Collingwood had x number of their best players out, it's somewhat impressive how we're going about it. Final won't be played in Adelaide though, only 12,000 went last night.

I can't wait for Adelaide to lose.

Worst umpiring I've ever seen. Not one of our young players has improved. We've gone backwards. We won't make the finals for 10 years. Absolutely pathetic. Brenton Sanderson has to go. Etc

I'll probably give him 12 months of me none-whining about him, just you see.

"Bookmark" it.

:yawn:

wake me when the real stuff starts

I wonder how involved Trashley and Reggo and Slopsy will be this year. Also hoping to see a few older faces, Angela, jen and co pop in.

I'll be doing tipping again, but on the AFL website, cos it was a bit of a pain going back through five or six pages to count tips, and I probably got them wrong on occasion. so if you guys could all provide me with your email addresses, I can add you to the comp.

Yeah, I was wondering how we were doing tipping. My e-mail is amakaxver@gmail.com so put me down for whatever.

Charlotte's going to be doing some tipping thing at her work. I'll try to rope her into an online one as well.

And I don't know, I enjoy the bizarre results the preseason throws up sometimes. They're meaningless, but funny.

I can't wait for Adelaide to lose.

Worst umpiring I've ever seen. Not one of our young players has improved. We've gone backwards. We won't make the finals for 10 years. Absolutely pathetic. Brenton Sanderson has to go. Etc

:lol: I'll put my hand up for the weekly collingwood sook when we lose to Geelong again, Bucks will have to go ;)

While we are doing tipping, I reckon we should get in on the Supercoach as well.

Cool, I've registered (even made first week tips!) and sent Charlotte an invite.

I've never quite got what this Supercoach business is.

Its like Dream Team, Fantasy football. I remember back in the day CricInfo used to have it with the Cricket.

You basically pick a team with a salary cap of $10million. Selecting Defenders, Midfielders, Forwards, Rucks ect. Every possession they get earns them points, if they for example cause a turnover they lose a point. That's a pretty rough example, but its actually pretty fun if you get together with a few friends.

Collingwood were fielding a dozen kids who hadn't played a senior game.

More importantly, I'm devastated about Jurrah.

Half of our team are kids who haven't played a senior game. :lol: Okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but they're all we have.

I followed the first half, the half where Carlton players were still present in the stadium.

Should be the highlight of their season! :wink:

Every year at the start of the season, I want to venture a prediction of the ladder, but I've no confidence in my predictive powers at all.

Oh well, here goes.

1. Geelong
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. West Coast
5. Collingwood
6. Essendon
7. Sydney
8. North Melbourne
9. Richmond (I was going to predict them in 11th, but c'mon)
10. Freo
11. St Kilda
12. Adelaide
13. Brisbane
14. Footscray
15. Port
16. Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. GWS

I bet a 2013 comedy festival ticket that Brisbane would finish 17th this year. Evidently I forgot about Port Adelaide.

Danny if you set up the supercoach, I'll do it, but I've always found it to be a lot less fun than I should. Never finished a season.

Both Brisbane and Port were showing signs of improvement at the end of last year. Melbourne and the Doggies, however? On their way down.

Melbourne didn't really get high enough to get on the way down in the first place.

Weren't they in the eight (or at least ninth) for one week last year?

But yeah, touche.

I don't know, this Jurrah thing could really throw the team off balance.

Or they could have something to prove and stick it to doubters like me.

I'm never sure what to think about Melbourne. They proved last year that they have a major split-personality problem, and as a result I don't think anyone can make a truly informed prediction of how they'll show up this year. They'll probably win a couple hard games emphatically and get thrashed in a few easily winnable games. That's all we can expect. I'll be surprised if Jurrah's situation doesn't hurt the club, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom