2010 World Cup Part 4 . . . The Final Countdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Canyon has nothing on the world cup final!!

Come on Van Persie

Van-Persie-Wallpaper2.jpg

I'm hoping Sneijder will at least score more than Villa. He deserves to be the top scorer! :up: And to have Robben kick one in would be cool. Van Persie hasn't been that great this tournament so would be cool if he could get his minutes of fame.

IS IT 8.30 YET???????

3 goals. The Netherlands will need 3 goals to win, Spain's going to score 2...

*hopes for some epic scoring by the Netherlands*

They are going to need a lot of possession to get enough shots for 3 goals. Spain will likely try and stop them. I expect Netherlands to try hard to break the passes because that's what they need to do to pressure Spain and counterattack

Holland is owed some makeup calls from 74 and 78.

And although the football they're playing is unrecognizable from the beautiful displays by Cruyff, Neeskens, Haan, Rensenbrink, Rep et al, I'm still pulling for them.

I don't know who to cheer for.... :hmm:

:madwife:

And I know the football they play is less beautiful than '74 and '78, but it's the results that matter most right? Ironic how Spain is now playing a lot like our team used to, most likely due to Cruijf and Rijkaard coaching in Spain..

Spain's a one trick pony. Quick short passes on the midfield trying to find the strikers. Disturb their midfield play and Spain's gone.

Spain's a one trick pony. Quick short passes on the midfield trying to find the strikers. Disturb their midfield play and Spain's gone.

2 Tricks.

1.Quick short mostly square passing in the midfield boring the opposition into submission

2. Faking injuries to get the opponents sent off.

It failed when Barca tried it against milan.

Hopefully we'll get the same result today.

They really miss having a fit Torres. They'd have been unstoppable with him at his best.

As it is I think Holland CAN disrupt them. unless they pull a German choke job.

GO Spain!

:angry: GTFO.

The biggest danger Spain has is Villa. If the Dutch keep him guarded the whole time, that risk should be lowered. Spain likes to play around a lot like we do, so I guess it'll be a match of taking the ball, playing it around and waiting for chances to appear on both sides.

:lol: Oh no way. I'm not like that at all right now. MOre like :panic:. Even though I think we'll lose tonight.

The city of Amsterdam has sent out an official announcement for people to STOP coming to the city. It has reached max. capacity with all the football fans flocking in. There's at least 100,000 football fans on their way to the Museumplein to watch at the giant screen there, been coming since this morning! God, I love how insane my country can get.

m1azwt9axmcw_345.jpg

That's a lotta people.

Cryuff is a traitor
He wants Spain to win!

I dont care if Robben dives for a penalty
van Bommell punches it in from a corner
Snieder dives to get Puyol sent off

whatever

Holland must win at any cost

A Hand of Van Persie is fine by me!

Robben isn't a diver, he gets hit a lot because he's the biggest danger. Nor is Sneijder. And van Bommel isn't a cheater. I want us to win, but if we do it must be fair. I do not want them to win by cheating, that would be fucking pathetic. We're no Argentina, or France for that matter. :|

Robben isn't a diver, he gets hit a lot because he's the biggest danger.

Oh please, Robben goes down so much he could be the lovechild between Kim Kardashian and the Titanic. Though he did get hit a lot against Brazil. It was obvious they knew he'd just recovered from an injury.

Oh please, Robben goes down so much he could be the lovechild between Kim Kardashian and the Titanic. Though he did get hit a lot against Brazil. It was obvious they knew he'd just recovered from an injury.

He goes down easily, but if you watched that Brazil match(which I assume you have as you're speaking of it) you could clearly see they targeted him almost constantly. Almost ALL fouls made in the game were vs him, only 2 or so against other Dutch players. It was a nasty game the Brazilians were playing, with the red card being the worst thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom