2010 World Cup Part 4 . . . The Final Countdown - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:20 AM
The passive offside rule was introduced just a couple years ago and is quite complicated sometimes. You are passively offside as long as you cannot interfere with the ball in any way, and be it just by deflecting the goalkeeper's view (which makes it sometimes very questionable, because in some situations it is a tough call whether you maybe somehow influenced the goalkeeper, eg. due to him positioning differently or whatever). In the moment when the pass was played to Iniesta he was not offside anymore, so the question would be if his offside when Torres passed to Fabregas is active or passive. That I don't feel competent in answering.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #302
Galeonbroad

Ofcourse that offense by the Jong should have been a red card. But then again, that was on the middle of the field. Robben in the penalty zone got held up majorly by a spanish defender, but he didn't fall. He should've gotten a penalty for that and the spanish guy a yellow. And that failed corner was pretty bad indeed.
For the record, I did mean the initial pass for offside, in the redo you could clearly see it was offside, the pass to Iniesta wasn't.

Ah well, 2nd place isn't that bad for a tiny country I guess. We'll see you guys in two years in Poland/Ukrain.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Ugh. Ugly and foul-loaded game (the ref almost stopped giving cards in the second halftime for some reason...) - De Jong should have gotten a red card for that chest-foot, as well as that other Dutch player a few minutes later, when his shoe went right into the leg of a Spain player. Maybe there'd be less fouls later if De Jong had been sent off. That is the error Webb made IMO.

edit: I'm reminded of that other WC game a few years go...Portugal vs (insert team name) when 3 players were sent off, and massive amounts of cards were handed out as well.

And...Torres playing instead of Villa ? Que!?!?

Robben...next time instead of complaining about the ref, try scoring when you're in front of the goalie. Twice, no less.

Forlan winning the award.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #304
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Ofcourse that offense by the Jong should have been a red card. But then again, that was on the middle of the field. Robben in the penalty zone got held up majorly by a spanish defender, but he didn't fall. He should've gotten a penalty for that and the spanish guy a yellow. And that failed corner was pretty bad indeed.
For the record, I did mean the initial pass for offside, in the redo you could clearly see it was offside, the pass to Iniesta wasn't.

Ah well, 2nd place isn't that bad for a tiny country I guess. We'll see you guys in two years in Poland/Ukrain.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #305
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 07-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #306
An Interferer

Local Time: 04:20 PM
^ Yeah, I know.

YouTube - Als je alles geeft, verlies je niets

And dare I say this :
I kinda wish De Jong would have gotten that red card.
Because I think we would have seen a different game.
Even if it meant a more than 0-1 loss.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

If the ref had always made the right decision it would have been worse for Holland so I don't understand the complaining. They should have been with nine at the break.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #308
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
If the ref had always made the right decision it would have been worse for Holland so I don't understand the complaining. They should have been with nine at the break.
The way I see it is that if De Jong had been given a red card, it would've cautioned the rest of the team. They would've been less reckless and more focussed. And besides, if the ref made the right decision Robben would've gotten a penalty, the moment before the goal would've been a corner kick for us instead of a goalkick, and the whole goal would never happen. And it would've saved us some cards and given the spanish some for acting and complaining. So how is that worse for us?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #309
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miringeltje View Post
^ Yeah, I know.

YouTube - Als je alles geeft, verlies je niets

And dare I say this :
I kinda wish De Jong would have gotten that red card.
Because I think we would have seen a different game.
Even if it meant a more than 0-1 loss.

Quote:
That was my immediate thought as well

< was staring forlornly at the box this morning willing it to show me some more football . . .
Old 07-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #310
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Ofcourse that offense by the Jong should have been a red card. But then again, that was on the middle of the field. Robben in the penalty zone got held up majorly by a spanish defender, but he didn't fall. He should've gotten a penalty for that and the spanish guy a yellow.
The foul happened a good four to six yards outside the box.

Quote:

YouTube - Netherlands - Spain 0:1 Andres Iniesta Winning Goal

The initial cross intended for Iniesta is struck somewhere between 0:04 and 0:05. Iniesta is offside by a few inches at most; you cannot expect that to be flagged.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #311
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
The way I see it is that if De Jong had been given a red card, it would've cautioned the rest of the team. They would've been less reckless and more focussed. And besides, if the ref made the right decision Robben would've gotten a penalty, the moment before the goal would've been a corner kick for us instead of a goalkick, and the whole goal would never happen. And it would've saved us some cards and given the spanish some for acting and complaining. So how is that worse for us?
The illogical rationalizations in this post are astounding.

If de Jong had been red-carded at 28', NED would have had to stop hacking, the field would have opened up and Spain probably would have won 2-0 in regulation.

NED got exactly the kind of game and the kind of refereeing they wanted, and they still lost.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post

The initial cross intended for Iniesta is struck somewhere between 0:04 and 0:05. Iniesta is offside by a few inches at most; you cannot expect that to be flagged.
Yeah, I take this one back. In fact, I don't think he was offside at all here.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #313
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I think at some point each team should have had a player sent off: De Jong for the Judo chop and Puyol should have had the 2nd yellow card when he wrapped himself around Robben. I don't think Heitinga should have had the two cards.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

After the final, Carles Puyol and Cesc Fabregas grab a beer, Fabregas pleasures himself.

YouTube - Puyol And Cesc Drinking Beer (Spain V. Netherlands) World Cup Final.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I drank beer like that yesterday

Tags
cephalapod games, espana, fifa, fuck yeah, nederlands, w00000t, world cup