2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nightmare scenario in which I'm happy for the Lakers. I think I'm going to ignore the NBA Playoffs in 2011, just focus on the Sixers and that be it.

Just call him Timothy Hutton, cause that was all about leverage.

Sorry.

They traded him to clear his contract from the cap, just in case they had an opportunity for two maxes.

Hinrich wasn't that good anyway, and he was getting paid way too much to be the second best PG on the team, and we couldn't go forward with him as the starting SG. We have more flexibility now, and that's good.

And, he was making something like 9 million dollars to score 10 ppg.

Agent: Former Los Angeles Lakers reserve guard Jordan Farmar agrees to three-year deal with New Jersey Nets - ESPN New York

Mark my words...You are going to be very happy with Blake on your team. You won't even remember Farmar

Funny that Kobe is going to meet with Raja Bell in an attempt to bring him here. Hopefully no clotheslines this time.

I would guess that would mean goodbye to Shannon though?

Remember, Kobe and Artest got into it on the court mere months before Artest's signing with LA. That worked out pretty well.

I'm just tryin to buy this J.J. Redick jersey real quick.

Remember, Kobe and Artest got into it on the court mere months before Artest's signing with LA. That worked out pretty well.

I'm just tryin to buy this J.J. Redick jersey real quick.

Oh, do not misunderstand me.....I agree that Kobe should recruit whoever he likes....just saying that if a non-Laker, especially Lebron, recruited former nemeses, Laz would call him a bitch, etc.

If Lebron actively recruited some cat that knocked him on his ass a few years, Laz would be calling him every name in the book. That's a fact.

Oh, do not misunderstand me.....I agree that Kobe should recruit whoever he likes....just saying that if a non-Laker, especially Lebron, recruited former nemeses, Laz would call him a bitch, etc.

I don't know where you're getting this logic from.

The only bitch here is Raja Bell. The Suns may have won the series against the Lakers a few years ago, but only one of those two guys has 5 rings.

Yeah, I saw and got your point. I still don't know where you're getting that logic from.

I don't give enough of a fuck about the NBA to sit there and criticize every trade, so the idea of me calling out random players for these kind of deals isn't my thing. I don't like LeBron, and think his DECISION was a total bitch move but honestly I couldn't see myself caring about what you're alluding to.

Nay. Purposely didn't address it since it pissed me off so much. Still addresses a need much more than a completely redundant Luol Deng, though.

Hey, LeBron. Can I have Dwyane's autograph?

tx_cover_bigthree.jpg

Two sidekicks. Awww.

LePippen may or may not realize the error of his ways after seeing that cover.

Yeah, I saw and got your point. I still don't know where you're getting that logic from.

I don't give enough of a fuck about the NBA to sit there and criticize every trade, so the idea of me calling out random players for these kind of deals isn't my thing. I don't like LeBron, and think his DECISION was a total bitch move but honestly I couldn't see myself caring about what you're alluding to.

Ok. :up:

Lebron looks like such an idiot on that SI cover.

I still don't know exactly what I think about all this. It's hard for me to not put the Heat as the favorite in the East this year, and I still stand by my assertion that that group will win titles in Miami. But, God I hope they suck. Not wishing injury on any of them, I just hope I'm wrong and it doesn't work out somehow.

They need more size if they want to beat the Lakers, I think. The Lakers are just fucking big.

At this point, I'm ready for November to roll around so we can actually see how this plays out on the court.

So, impy...DUST for Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca...yay or nay?

Hey nam, help me out here if you're around. I just get the feeling from your posts that you are more in tune than me with what's going on with the Bulls wheelings and dealings. What have you heard lately? Who are we going after, if the Redick things fall through? Who should we go after? I'm antsy over here, so hit up some of your sources and let me know what's goin on with our Bulls. Not the same sources that told you Courtney killed Kurt, but the sources that know what's going on in the NBA.

Lebron looks like such an idiot on that SI cover.

I still don't know exactly what I think about all this. It's hard for me to not put the Heat as the favorite in the East this year, and I still stand by my assertion that that group will win titles in Miami. But, God I hope they suck. Not wishing injury on any of them, I just hope I'm wrong and it doesn't work out somehow.

They need more size if they want to beat the Lakers, I think. The Lakers are just fucking big.

At this point, I'm ready for November to roll around so we can actually see how this plays out on the court.

Hey nam, help me out here if you're around. I just get the feeling from your posts that you are more in tune than me with what's going on with the Bulls wheelings and dealings. What have you heard lately? Who are we going after, if the Redick things fall through? Who should we go after? I'm antsy over here, so hit up some of your sources and let me know what's goin on with our Bulls. Not the same sources that told you Courtney killed Kurt, but the sources that know what's going on in the NBA.

The SG spot is our focus right now. With the additions of Boozer and our finally-coming-over 2008 2nd round pick center Omer Asik, to Noah and Taj Gibson, our front court will be solid. Rose is a stud at PG. Deng is essentially a fourth option, and he's good at the 3, although it seems like the Bulls are still trying to trade him if the right deal comes. There was a report that they offered him to Philadelphia with Taj for Iggy, but that it was turned down. This makes sense, as everything I've read seems to indicate that the only way Iggy is available is if Brand goes with him.

But the SG spot is where our attention appears to be. We got Korver, we might have Redick. There just aren't many high-quality SGs to be had right now, so it looks like we're taking the smart route and going for relatively cheap shooters - and we desperately needed long-distance shooters. I've heard that Ronnie Brewer is also a possibility. His former teammate Boozer is recruiting him.

We'll probably also look for a good cheap backup point for Rose.

My whole thing right now is to just stay flexible...i.e. sign relatively small contracts, keep a good chunk of cap space(since nobody else - Rose and Noah - needs to get paid for a bit yet), so that an opportunity comes along later, we have movable/desirable assets.

Noah/Asik
Boozer/Gibson
Deng/Johnson
Korver/(?)Redick(?)
Rose/?

That lineup is really dependent on how good Rose gets.

Nay. Purposely didn't address it since it pissed me off so much. Still addresses a need much more than a completely redundant Luol Deng, though.

Hey, LeBron. Can I have Dwyane's autograph?

tx_cover_bigthree.jpg

Two sidekicks. Awww.

:giggle: Seems the first thing Bosh did was use his money for a haircut... :wink:

The really bitchy and vindictive part of me wants to see the Heat trounced every time they hit TO or Cleveland, just on general principle :lol: Bosh certainly won't be getting a warm welcome back at the ACC next season (unlike Roy Halliday - to switch sports for a moment - who, if not for the G20 fucking bullshit would have got his well deserved standing ovation and a hero's welcome at Skydome... even if he ended up killing the Jays singlehandedly ;))

I still can't believe that Chris Bosh has managed to have himself placed alongside two vastly superior players throughout all this nonsense. He really has gotten the best deal of anyone in this whole free agency fiasco.

I still can't believe that Chris Bosh has managed to have himself placed alongside two vastly superior players throughout all this nonsense. He really has gotten the best deal of anyone in this whole free agency fiasco.

Its like The Emporor's New Clothes with him...suddenly he's one of the top 5 players in the NBA if you believe all the hype around this free agency fiasco we've endured.

It's between him, Joe Johnson and his max deal, and Darko and however much he got. Wow.

$10 says they also took photos with LeBron in front.

$10 says LeBron is kinda pissed at the cover they ran with.

Maybe, but part of why he's a bitch is that he's willing to take a backseat to another player.

I think it's understood that the Heat is still Wade's team, until he leaves or retires.

It's between him, Joe Johnson and his max deal, and Darko and however much he got. Wow.

Actually, far and away the most stunning contract went to Amir Johnson.
5 yrs, $34Mil to come off the bench averaging 6.2ppg...just unbelievable.

No one should ever underrate Bryan Colangelo, David KAAAAAHHHNNNN, or Billy King, who somehow tricked his way into the Wizards job. Good lord. Where's Kevin Pritchard in all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom