2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not immature. He's just egocentric. That's not going to abate with time. By all other accounts, this is a guy with his head screwed on reasonably straight. He just has an ego that's about as outsized as can be.

What I'd love is for him to announce that he's going to Cleveland, then mid-way through his interview, Jim Ross arrives out of nowhere as some ominous music plays. Ross proceeds to yell "What the hell is this???? That's PAT RILEY'S MUSIC! NOOOOOOO!!!!" and then you see Riley, Wade and Bosh arrive as James rips off his Cavs jersey to reveal his Heat jersey.

It could happen.

/Mr Pryck

eh hem...

all of this makes it so that if he does decide to go to new york all the more "shocking" for ESPN to report. i may be stealing from the sports guy now, but it's as if ESPN has hired vince mcmahon and good ole' JR to make their storylines now. "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! THAT'S LEBRON'S MUSIC!! HE... HE'S WEARING A KNICKS JERSEY!!! WHO WOULDA THUNK IT!"

the WWE angle has already been used in this thread already, thank you very much.

If the dude goes to Miami, he's basically forfeiting any shot he had at becoming the GOAT regardless of how many titles he wins.

The Knicks seem to have given up:

The Knicks weren't as upbeat as one would have expected when they introduced newly signed Amar'e Stoudemire to the New York news media today. The sad undertone was due to the realization that they apparently won't land LeBron James, according to the New York Daily News.

Coach Mike D'Antoni acknowledged the rampant rumors that James has decided to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, saying: "I've lived here two years and I know this is the best place to be. It's exciting. The resources are here and we're ready to roll. Obviously, I'm a little stunned."

And Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan appeared to be taking a shot at LeBron when, speaking of Stoudemire signing on, he said: "It takes courage to play where the lights shine the brightest."

Knicks brass seems to have given up on LeBron - Game On!: Covering the Latest Sports News

I like it that Dolan basically called him a wuss.

I think that goes without saying. He has the talent, but not the competitiveness of Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Russell, etc.

This I agree with.

Guess the Knicks will just have to hope for 'Melo to join the team next Summer.

By the way, I still wish the Knicks would have just hung onto Lee, but that's just me.

True. And can you imagine any of those guys orchestrating this kind of circus? I'll tell you who comes away looking like a saint in all this: Kobe. If you consider he was seen as the NBA's biggest villain before, he'll almost certainly be supplanted by LeBron once this is said and done. There isn't anyone who enjoying this bullshit. This has probably negatively impacted the way I'll see him for the rest of his career.

If he goes to Miami, he's a pussy. There's no two ways about it.

True. And can you imagine any of those guys orchestrating this kind of circus? I'll tell you who comes away looking like a saint in all this: Kobe. If you consider he was seen as the NBA's biggest villain before, he'll almost certainly be supplanted by LeBron once this is said and done. There isn't anyone who isn't tired of this bullshit. This has probably negatively impacted the way I'll see him for the rest of his career.

I think people forget how much of a stir Kobe raised a few years ago, with the flip-flop trade demands, going on the radio asking for a trade, etc. However, compared to this circus, it wasn't so bad. But, even if Kobe did engineer something this ludicrous, at least the cat had already won some rings. I used to go back and forth on the Kobe v Lebron thing until the last season, when it got clear real fast that Kobe is cut from different cloth than Lebron and that I'd rather have Kobe, baggage and all, than James. And, again, I really have liked Lebron, a lot, right up until this week when it all got to be too much.

Fuck you and your fucking "brand". Real champions just want to be branded as a winner, not a global marketing icon.

Guys, my sources just told me LeBron has booked connecting rooms at a Comfort Inn in Irving. HE'S COMING TO DALLAS! Done deal.

Scratch that, it appears he's got reservations at a Chuck E. Cheese's in Naperville. HE'S COMING TO CHICAGO! Done deal.

Lebron now has a the Twitter page. Which means he's going to the defunct Kentucky Colonels of the ABA.

Also, what are the odds of that snake Pat Riley forcing out Spoelstra just like he did Stan Van Jeremy?

No matter what happens, everyone loses.

The millions of people in whatever city he chooses do not lose. They're getting the most talented basketball player in the world.

A lot of people seem to be getting upset over this ESPN special, and there seems to be a bit of a mini-backlash, but whatever city he names here in four hours - they will embrace the shit out of him and there will be dancing and feasting and celebrations in the streets.

One silver lining in this: watching the Lakers take down this team in the finals will eclipse even this year's victory over the Celtics, and it would be a dream matchup for the NBA: Kobe & Jackson vs. LeBron/Wade/Riley.

You can also mark that matchup down for the Christmas game.

EDIT: Thinking the same thing, RedRocks!

I think people forget how much of a stir Kobe raised a few years ago, with the flip-flop trade demands, going on the radio asking for a trade, etc. However, compared to this circus, it wasn't so bad. But, even if Kobe did engineer something this ludicrous, at least the cat had already won some rings. I used to go back and forth on the Kobe v Lebron thing until the last season, when it got clear real fast that Kobe is cut from different cloth than Lebron and that I'd rather have Kobe, baggage and all, than James. And, again, I really have liked Lebron, a lot, right up until this week when it all got to be too much.

Fuck you and your fucking "brand". Real champions just want to be branded as a winner, not a global marketing icon.

Well done, sir.

Now I'm starting to wonder if all this Miami stuff isn't smoke-and-mirrors on the part of ESPN so his decision to stay in the Cleve is even more "shocking" and this little TV special of his is even more of a "landmark" television moment. ESPN may be the only entity free agency has made me hate more than LeBron.

That makes me think about Pat Riley's motivational speaking tactics. I wouldn't be surprised if that was what made the difference, especially on an easy-to-manipulate young mind like LeBron's.

Pat Riley is kind of loathsome, but I like him anyway, I'll admit it.

He's the villain I secretly root for, I guess.

Or not so secretly now. Whatever.

Laz, most people seem to think that Lebron is far from being a person you can easily manipulate, but who knows.

One silver lining in this: watching the Lakers take down this team in the finals will eclipse even this year's victory over the Celtics, and it would be a dream matchup for the NBA: Kobe & Jackson vs. LeBron/Wade/Riley.

You can also mark that matchup down for the Christmas game.

EDIT: Thinking the same thing, RedRocks!

that's what i was thinking this morning

couldn't think of the first game of the doubleheader though

my first thought was knicks/bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom