2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson, there are obviously many reasons why the score is what it is currently, but.....is it me or did Rondo have a really odd/bad half? Just seemed to make some bad decisions and toss up some bad shots. Again, he could have played brilliantly and the score might be similar, not sure, but it just kind of stood out to me.

Sorry I went back to the TV (not sure why :wink:) and didn't see your post till this morning, but yeah clearly Rondo is the key to the Celts' offensively, and he was not playing well in the first half, looked a little better in the 3rd, but the game was pretty much decided at that point. Credit the Lakers D and offensive rebounding for a lot of it, not letting him get out on the break takes away a lot of his effectiveness. He'll need to play much better tomorrow for the game to be competitive.

Anyway, official word from Celts is Perkins has a sprain and is uncertain for game 7.
Inside word is its the PCL and he's done.
Look for Sheed to start as Big Baby's lack of height will be a detriment, look for him to sub in when Bynum goes to the bench.
Sheed can get one technical as its game 7, just can't get 2.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the way this game played out and what to expect tomorrow, the Celts won't let the score of game 6 have any affect on how they play game 7, and Kobe (not sure about the rest of the squad) won't be overconfident because the Lakers had it so easy last night.

My guess is we get a game that is pretty close throughout. If the Celts can contain the Lakers inside presence without Perkins (which means they'll need 30 solid minutes from Rasheed which may be asking a lot), they will win. If the Laker frontcourt outplays the Celtics frontcourt, the Lakers will win. Kobe will get 30 in either scenario and will win MVP if the Lakers prevail. If the Celts prevail, MVP will be whoever seizes it in game 7. Right now Pierce, Rondo, R. Allen or Garnett could get it by being dominant in game 7.

I think he'd have to drop 50 and the Celts are so balanced in game 7 that no one player stands out above the other to win MVP in a losing effort.
Could happen, but not likely.

Ray could still win MVP. He was about the only Celt with decent numbers last night, and if he can have a game near what he had in game 2 and the Celts win, he'll get MVP having basically been responsible for 2 of the victories.

Then again with Perkins out, we could have a surprise MVP:

g_scalabrine_412.jpg

Yep, Michael Rapaport.

Do you guys think it matter whether or not the Celtics win this year? Or would Doc leave either way? He already won a title, doesn't really have to prove anything at this point.

the speculation on him leaving has nothing to do with him feeling he's done all he can do with this group... it's strictly a family thing. so if the speculation becomes reality, i think it'll happen if the celtics win game 7 or not.

the celtics were just god awful last night and the lakers were terrific. perfect storm of shit.

they looked like they did in game 1, when they got blown out as well. their offense was stagnant with little to no spacing on the floor. the lakers are just to big and long to not have good spacing. they need to spread them out. doc made the adjustments heading into game 2 and, shy of a minute stretch by sheldon williams, the celtics controlled the game.

also, that was the best i've seen kobe play in a team sense. they made sure pao got the ball more, made sure everyone else was involved, but still took his shots when it was time to take his shots. just a great performance.

now this idea that the celtics can't bounce back from that performance is silly. they already bounced back and won a game in LA after getting blown out.

does that mean boston will win? no... but i'd be stunned if game 7 didn't come right down to the wire.

not having perkins will hurt, yes; but boston's bench will not be that bad again, and LA's bench won't be that good again. ron artest won't be that good again, and rondo won't be that bad again. so once that all evens out, i'm guessing this game comes down to whoever has the ball last.

Compare the teams and think about the dilution/expansion that took place between then:

Bulls/Lakers
Bulls/Blazers
Bulls/Suns
Bulls/Sonics
Bulls/Jazz x2

Lakers/Pacers
Lakers/76ers
Lakers/Nets

I mean, really?

Not to mention the shenanigans in the WCF that led up to one of those trips to the finals.

Not to mention the shenanigans in the WCF that led up to one of those trips to the finals.

:rolleyes:

Assuming that the fixing allegation is true, all they supposedly did was ensure a game seven. Which was still in Sacramento. In that final game, the Kings only shot 50% from the FT line and were 2-20 from downtown. Not exactly a superlative clinching effort. And I seem to remember them folding in OT like a bunch of bitches.

To get to the WCF, The Lakers swept the Blazers, beat the Spurs in five games. After it, they went on to sweep the Nets in four games in the Finals.

I don't think their championship was undeserved.

Perkins torn PCL and torn MCL...done, D-U-N, done.

Now we'll see if Ainge's big off season acquisition can pay off and help bring a title, one game Sheed, play like Detroit Sheed.

Question; If the Lakers do not win, does Kobe win MVP still?

I don't see that happening. If the Celtics win it, I think a Celtic will take MVP. Hewson was talking about it on the previous page, and I agree. If the Celts win, MVP will go to one of the "Big 4" - whoever had a huge game for them in Game 7.

:scratch:

ok... scalabrine was a damned good college player. he's 6th all time in USC scoring history... and the only other guys he played with at USC to make the NBA were the illustrious Jeff Trepagnier and Sam Clancy.

:shrug:

At the time a lot of people thought Trepagnier and Clancy were going to be better than Scalabrine. As good as he was, amazingly he was still kinda under the radar at that time because he wasn't a flashy player. He was just damn good.

Still, I guess I'm always shocked when USC basketball players do well in the NBA since it happens so rarely.

I think it's astounding how many times these same two teams have met in the Finals.

I guess I could go look it up but does anyone know if they hold the North American record for most times met in the Finals? They must, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom