2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you think adding up fouls equates an evenly called game then you're fooling yourself.

it's about the type of calls that are made and not made and how they effect the tone and style of the game. this has the most dramatic effect on a game in the first quarter.

it's not really worth getting into...

i'll just say this... i still don't believe the NBA is rigging games, because it's impossible to rig a game... as poorly as that game was reffed yesterday, if ray allen hits a few threes the celtics win, anyways. that being said, i certainly do believe that the NBA puts certain refs with certain styles on certain games with the hops that their style will help extend a series.

this could all be paranoid based on the things that have come out in recent years, combined with my complete hatred of referees in general... but it's too obvious for me to not notice.

the refs in games 1 and 3 have favored the laker style of play. the refs in game 2 favored the celtics. nobody will be surprised if the refs favor the celtics in game 4 and 5; and i'd bet all the pizza on the east coast that if boston is in LA up 3 games to 2, game 6 will have a ref with a tight whistle.

all the NBA has to do to squash these rumors is release the names of the referees who will be doing each game of the series before the series begins.

I hate the Dolans so bad, for so many reasons. Marv not doing Knick games is a fucking travesty.

I have failed to mention that I actually like Van Gundy. Sometimes he goes too far out of his way to make a joke, but whne he keeps it organic he's informative and amusing and very honest. Jackson has become a bit of a buffoon, sadly. I thought he did good work at first.

Heinson's voice drives me berserk and he's, understandably so, quite biased.

I wonder how C-Webb would fare as a color guy. I like him in the studio, not sure how others feel.

I can't stand Van Gundy as an announcer. As you said though, when he's actually focused on the game he can be very informative. I think he can be very perceptive when he wants to. I'd kind of like to see him go back to coaching next year instead of announcing.

Ray Allen makes one easy layup and the commentators are telling us "he's back"?

Not yet. Let's see him make a tougher shot. Either way, he's not going to have another abysmal game.

I have a feeling Kobe's gonna go nuts tonight, though.

If I were Doc Rivers, I would be playing Nate Robinson over Ray Allen right now. Someone else can guard Kobe.

Allen's productive game / terrible game ratio these days seems to be about one to ten.

:ohmy:

Who are you and what have you done with Glen Davis?

Gutsy move going with the bench right now, but damn if it isn't paying off for Rivers right now.

I'm not sure how the Lakers are losing this. Bryant and Gasol both doing well, Artest improved, Odom playing well, bench decent...only Bynum has really failed to make a difference and he's had limited time.

Plus, none of the Celtics starters have more than 12 with Rondo held to 8.

Does not compute.

Yep, that's it. I was definitely noticing the Lakers not grabbing a lot of offensive boards.

But still a little surprising when a well-shooting Pierce wasn't utilized very much in the second half.

2-2. Anybody's series now. But Boston has to win Game 5. They can win a Game 6 in LA, but they will not win a Game 7 in LA.

But still a little surprising when a well-shooting Pierce wasn't utilized very much in the second half.

There were a couple times where you could clearly see Pierce calling for the ball, but yeah, up until the last couple minutes of the game he wasn't much of a presence at all in the 2nd half.

Weird game. Exciting finish, though.

I don't think there was anything more bizarre than Odom Horry-checking Robinson into the crowd, acting like he fouled no one, and then Robinson "getting in his face" (in actuality, his ribcage). How can you even pretend you didn't foul him?

Also, I enjoyed the amount of cutting of sound that had to go on during Sheed's technical.

Apparently when Tony Allen is assigned to Kobe, Kobe is shooting 20% from the field. I think we need to see more of TA.

Great job by the bench last night.

Still waiting for the Big 4 to all click, hopefully Sunday.

Still waiting for the Big 4 to all click, hopefully Sunday.

Still finding it amazing that they are even in the series without them going on all cylinders. The bench bailed them out big time.

At this point, it might not happen unless they take a 3-2 series lead and know they only have to pull out one more game.

I'm not sure how the Lakers are losing this. Bryant and Gasol both doing well, Artest improved, Odom playing well, bench decent...only Bynum has really failed to make a difference and he's had limited time.

Plus, none of the Celtics starters have more than 12 with Rondo held to 8.

Does not compute.

better players vs. better team perhaps?

Anyone else take note of Kobe trying to goad Perkins into a double technical on a couple of occasions last night?

Now Sheed is in the same boat.

Sheed certainly adds to the entertainment factor when he's playing and mentally into the game. The facial expression after he was called for the foul for stepping out of Paul Gaso's way and causing him to fall on his own (must be a new rule) was hilarious.

There was a lot of bleeping on the broadcast last night, the Sheed T was basically all bleeped out and Big Baby's drooling celebration was full of bleeping though you didn't need to be an expert lip reader to see Davis saying "yeah motherfucker!"

Funnier was I believe game 2 when after a play you clearly heard someone yell "SHIT!" then the silence of the bleep came 2 seconds later...oopsie.

Sheed certainly adds to the entertainment factor when he's playing and mentally into the game. The facial expression after he was called for the foul for stepping out of Paul Gaso's way and causing him to fall on his own (must be a new rule) was hilarious.

They replayed that reaction in slow-motion later when going to a commercial later and I almost spit out my drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom