2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson, there are obviously many reasons why the score is what it is currently, but.....is it me or did Rondo have a really odd/bad half? Just seemed to make some bad decisions and toss up some bad shots. Again, he could have played brilliantly and the score might be similar, not sure, but it just kind of stood out to me.

Also surprising is that there have only been, what, five shooting fouls on both teams combined?

I don't believe in the conspiracy theory, but they seem to be letting them play more than I would have thought.

but they seem to be letting them play more than I would have thought.

That's what I would've thought, too. Reffing seems like it's been pretty solid so far, actually. A couple iffy calls, but nothing blatantly bad (yet).

NSW, I agree about Rondo. He seems uncharacteristically hesitant - even when he does slip the defense he seems to be just a step out of sync.

Celtics are gonna have a helluva time bouncing back for Game 7. Lakers have completely picked them apart tonight.

Don't get cocky!

It's really going to be up for grabs on Thursday; the Celtics have made a habit of alternating awful games with great ones during these playoffs.

Five of the six Bulls titles were closed out in Game 6. The first title, against the Lakers, was closed out in Game 5.

This will be just the second Game 7 in the Finals since '95. The other one being Spurs/Pistons a few years back which I don't think anybody watched or gave a shit about.

I hope Perkins is ok after that injury. It was truly awful to see him grab his knee like that.
Awesome game. Can't wait for Thursday.
Those dunks by Shannon were amazing.

high fives all around for my lake show fans :applaud:

does any one else notice that when something bad happens to the celtics, rondo goes down and flops an injury? its not like artest nailed him either

He did not flop on that play, he just landed on Ron's forearm/elbow.
He was horrible tonight. Good for us.

Sasha's air balls were just as bad.

I thought they said Perkins was out for the series with a sprained knee :shrug: Twas a great game, quite enjoyable. :hi5:

Sasha's airball after the 3 pointer :tsk:
Artest actually making some 3-pointers :up:

I honestly do not think that game 7 will be as easy as tonight's game, Maddy (I hope it is).
Boston has a great team and they will not make the same mistakes again. I expect an awesome challenge by them.

I could only hope for a blowout, but don't believe that's gonna be the case. It's down to one game. Hopefully home court will give them a bit of an advantage. :pray:

Yes.
I have my whole Corporation in Boston and they talk so much S***, I can't wait until that final buzzer sounds and we are up by at least one point.

Five of the six Bulls titles were closed out in Game 6. The first title, against the Lakers, was closed out in Game 5.

This will be just the second Game 7 in the Finals since '95. The other one being Spurs/Pistons a few years back which I don't think anybody watched or gave a shit about.

I find it interesting that as dominant as Jordan's Bulls appeared to be, they never annihilated or swept any of the teams they faced in the finals. As you pointed out, they did beat the Lakers in 5, but James Worthy and Byron Scott were injured in Game 4 and never returned. Which would be like the Bulls trying to win without Pippen and Grant.

By comparison, the Shaq/Kobe Lakers lost a total of 3 games in 3 straight finals appearances. That is some real domination.

Compare the teams and think about the dilution/expansion that took place between then:

Bulls/Lakers
Bulls/Blazers
Bulls/Suns
Bulls/Sonics
Bulls/Jazz x2

Lakers/Pacers
Lakers/76ers
Lakers/Nets

I mean, really?

I was going to respond similarly, LMP.

That Jazz team was a fucking great, great team.

Barkley was on a mission in '93, and had a damn good team around him.

That Blazers team had the killer starting 5 of Drexler, Porter, Buck Williams, Duckworth (!) and Kersey, with a young Cliff Robinson off the bench.

And the Sonics won 64 games in '95-'96.

The level of competition that both of the two "dynasties" in question faced in the Finals is drastically different.

I didn't mean to imply that those teams the Bulls beat were shitty, you'd just think that some of those supposedly "greatest teams of all time" would have won a bit more definitively once or twice.

But I'd argue that the teams the Lakers had to beat to get to those three Finals appearances were better than their actual opponents from the East, and are certainly worthy of comparison with some of those Finals teams the Bulls faced.

Some interesting stats from tonight:

* Celtics scored the second lowest point total in Finals history. Ouch.
* Lakers held Celtics to 0.78 points per possession, the lowest of not just any Laker opponent in the playoffs, but ALL SEASON long.

That's an understatement.

It's amazing that they can follow up the beauty of Game 5 with something like this. Obviously the Lakers played much better, but the Celtics were as awful as they've ever been in these playoffs.

Well, they bounced back from a tepid performance in Game 1. Let's see if they can do it again, although I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom