2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stunned at how bad the officiating has been. I don't even mean ticky-tack fouls that, yeah, they're fouls but maybe let 'em play anyway....

I'm talking about missing obvious fouls, or calling fouls when they clearly did not happen. The Sheed call was a joke, the call on Kobe in Game 4 for the alleged force out on Rondo was insane, etc.

I'm probably exaggerating or wrong or both but the state of officiating in the NBA seems about as bad as it's been in my lifetime.

My father's outrage at Eddie F. Rush being assigned to the Finals after his incident with the C's was hysterical, especially considering he dislikes both teams.

Van Gundy on Fisher drawing fouls that never really happened:

"But how do you fool.....these officials have all refed the guy for 14 years. They know that every time he goes up for a shot it looks like there's sniper fire in the building, because he always reacts on every contest."

I love it.

Was that really an offensive foul on Odom? :scratch:

With the way the Lakers have played so far, I'm (pleasantly) surprised it is still close.

Um, that was an odd end to the half....

The Laker offense could not possibly look more out of synch. How the hell they're in this game I don't know (yes, offensive rebounds and more FT's is the answer, but still...).

That's what I meant to say, but obviously I'm not that eloquent. They have to get their head in the game. No idea where it is at the moment.

Artest's flop on that Rondo mini-shove and Van Gundy's ensuing reaction were priceless.

Wondering how Laker fans think Trevor Ariza would look in a Laker uniform (and Artest still in a Rocket uniform).
Artest was brought in specifically for this potetntial finals matchup, to provide that defensive presence they lacked in 2008...well not so much Ron.

say queensbridge now, ron!

artest used to actually be a good offensive player. what the hell happened? he's become so focused on being the defensive guy that his offense has completely gone to shit. and his D isn't even that good anymore.

the celtics were terrific last night... offensively, defensively... tremendous performance on both sides of the ball.

the nba has gotten what they wanted... the series has gone at least 6 games, the TV networks will now make money on the series.

how the lakers respond in game 6 is going to be very interesting... we already know that boston will come out with a sense of urgency to put the series away. they've done it once already in these playoffs.

one thing for sure is that the lakers need to go thru pao more often. he hasn't gotten nearly enough touches of late... and it seems that once kobe starts going into hero mode that pao simply becomes an after thought. establishing pao down low and feeding him the ball will only make it easier on kobe to score.

yes, he was amazing last night. but eventually those crazy shots stopped falling. and to top it off, when he did miss it led to transition opportunities for the celtics. when kobe goes nutso and starts throwing up crazy shots, everybody else on the lakers stands still and watches him. the celtics are a great defensive team. they're guarding kobe very well. he was just making everything. eventually he stopped making everything, but everyone else was still standing around watching him work... which led to numerous turnovers off steals.

getting more touches for pao and establishing him in the post will only make things easier for kobe. in the past when kobe gets told that he needs to pass to soemone else more often, he goes into this wacky "i'm going to prove you wrong" thing and takes no shots whatsoever for like a half. will be interesting to see, if indeed phil does try to establish pao more, how the more mature kobe reacts... especially considering that he'll baisicly be told, after he shot the lights out, to shoot less.

Obviously Lakers fans have reason to be worried, but what's odd is that this has still reverted back to what is supposed to be the normal home court advantage. Which kind of illustrates what's wrong with the 3-2-3 setup.

I know people feel that this is supposed to favor the "advantage team", but assuming that each team wins its home games, the advantage team is always going to be heading home down 3-2 and facing elimination. With 2-2-1-1-1, if the home team wins every time, the advantage team only faces elimination in that final game, as does the visitor.

Am I crazy?

No, you're right. 1000%, at least; travel, exhaustion, and TV scheduling are the only real arguments of which I can think for 2-3-2.

That was the best team performance from the Celtics so far in this series. Kobe single-handedly kept the Lakers close, but as we all know, he can't do it alone. Doing all that work seemed to take its toll by the end when the shots stopped going in.

The Celtics need to wrap this up Tuesday night. If the Lakers take Game 6, it'll be very tough for Boston to win the series.

No, you're right. 1000%, at least; travel, exhaustion, and TV scheduling are the only real arguments of which I can think for 2-3-2.

the reason for the 2-3-2 was because it used to be a big deal to have to fly everyone all over the country... teams, media and league types... paying for it all and stuff.

that's, uh, not really an issue anymore.

Lots of speculation in the local media that tonight (or Thursday, but hopefully tonight) is Doc's last game as Celtics head coach.

That would be damn shame, but it certainly is time consuming when you have kids playing at the level his do, so it's understandable if he decided to take a break. You don't get these years with the kids back.

Green beer tonight!!! :hyper:

Obviously, his family comes first. But I would think the Celtics would like him to stay - I can see a scenario where he comes back but takes extended leaves at times to see his kids play.

You wonder if the Celts know where he is leaning, cause if they were reaonably certain of his departure you'd think maybe they would have put together a handshake deal with Tom Thibodeau.

say queensbridge now, ron!

artest used to actually be a good offensive player. what the hell happened? he's become so focused on being the defensive guy that his offense has completely gone to shit. and his D isn't even that good anymore.

It's a little like when Rodman became the worm and decided he didn't give a crap about anything but rebounding, but Artest still gets the urge to do something with the ball sometimes, and he'll start dribbling aimlessly or hoisting up ugly jumpers.

Do you guys think it matter whether or not the Celtics win this year? Or would Doc leave either way? He already won a title, doesn't really have to prove anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom