2010 NBA Finals and beyond - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #811
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:28 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The only thing holding the Heat back from a dynasty is lack of chemistry.
So we're talking dynasty and they haven't even played 1 game....pretty bold.

Wait till Chris Bosh gets pissed that he averages 3 shots a game and starts lacing the weed he sells to Lebron with rat poison, then we'll see about dynasty.

And Lebron will lose his mind if the Heat play the Celts in the playoffs when he sees his mom behind the Celts bench wearing a Delonte West shirt...and nothing more.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #812
ONE
love, blood, life

Yes, yes we are. That's usually what happens when you put together 2 of the top 5 players in the world, and then a wildcard top 10.

I love how everybody just imagines these problems between the two teams. You're a hater, pure and simple. You want issues to happen.

There's no way Bosh is getting 3 shots per game. The ball is going to be cycled around between the 3. Shit, I hate when people pull out the race card but honeslt if these were 3 white athletes everybody would just shut the **** up about "who gets the final shot?" or "who's team is it?" or any of that nonsense.

They're together to win a championship. If ego becomes an issue, that's 4 or 5 years down the line when they've won their championship(s).

Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #813
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow I don't even know where to begin...
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #814
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Yes, yes we are. That's usually what happens when you put together 2 of the top 5 players in the world, and then a wildcard top 10.

I love how everybody just imagines these problems between the two teams. You're a hater, pure and simple. You want issues to happen.

There's no way Bosh is getting 3 shots per game. The ball is going to be cycled around between the 3. Shit, I hate when people pull out the race card but honeslt if these were 3 white athletes everybody would just shut the **** up about "who gets the final shot?" or "who's team is it?" or any of that nonsense.
Yeah thats right cause I mentioned the color of their skin when I mentioned Bosh was gonna be the odd man out when it comes to getting shots. I think Bosh is a slightly above average player who puled an Emporer's New Clothes act during this offseason to get folks to lump him in as a top 5 or 10 player in the league, and he'll suffer when on court with 2 guys who have always dominated the ball on their teams, who now must find a way to share the ball with one another, which will be a task, let alone share with whoever else is on court.
My analysis of the situation is from a purely basketball standpoint.
Where you got a race issue out of that I would love to know. Please point it out to me.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #815
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:28 AM
I'm going to skirt the insane stuff to pose a different question: since when is Chris Bosh, a guy who has little to no big game experience, a top ten player?
Old 10-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #816
Blue Crack Addict

LuckyNumber7 is off to a flying start here in Put 'Em Under Pressure.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #817
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Stop playing the race card, Gaffer.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #818
Blue Crack Addict

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Stop playing the race card, Gaffer.
I thought he was playing the number card, we all know 8 is Gaf's favorite number.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #819
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Did he get hit by osi, too?
Ha, maybe.

But here's the story straight from Boozer:

Quote:
I came around a corner, fell over a bag, put my arm down to try to brace myself and fractured my fifth metacarpal into 3 pieces. It was just dark. My doorbell had rang and I tripped over a bag, tried to brace myself and it popped. I’m 265, 5 percent body fat. I’m heavy, man. I guess I had to brace myself and my weight just collapsed the bone right there.
It's a shame that he had to pull out the race card in his explanation, but perhaps if the bag hadn't been so "dark" none of this would have happened.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #820
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I thought he was playing the number card, we all know 8 is Gaf's favorite number.
ya know why GAF is scared of LuckyNumber7?

'cause luckynumber7, 8, 9... bahhh hahahaha
Old 10-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #821
Blue Crack Addict

Chris Bosh really carried his team to that 40-42 record.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #822
Blue Crack Distributor

okay here goes nothing...

my dislike for lebron and diane wade has to do with their gynormous ego's, and the fact that lebron acts like a selfish overgrown child-like douchebag who doesn't understand why anyone could possibly not like him. their race, color, sexual preference or cock size does not have any bearing on my opinions on the team whatsoever.

would i be shocked if miami won the nba title? not in the least. like i said, i can see 5 teams winning it all... the lakers, the bulls, the heat, the thunder and the celtics. if a good team were able to get carmelo without sacrificing their entire roster then i could put them in the mix as well, but that's yet to be seen.

the lakers have to be the favorites to win it all still. they won it last year (barely) and have improved themselves this offseason. if durant takes the next step then he could very well be the best player in the league, and would make the thunder instant contenders. nobody else in the west have a shot in my opinion, unless someone pulls off a coup for 'melo.

in the east it comes down to boston, chicago and miami. all three have great strengths and glaring weaknesses. boston is old. last year may have been their last hoorah, but you have to at least include them in the conversation until somebody knocks them off. plus nobody plays better defense, and the idea that boston would have to zone up miami in order to contain them is laughable.

chicago filled their longstanding glaring weakness by signing boozer. they also screwed miami out of kyle korver, a very under-rated move. they will be a much improved defensive team with thibedou at the helm. they have the best team in the east, in my opinion. their pieces fit. their pieces also could be used as trade bait if needs be, 'cause they have a ton of depth.

question about chicago? sure... who's taking the last shot? is it rose, or is it boozer? you'd like to see one of their wings be a better scorer... and you also have to wonder if there was a reason why thibedou went so long before getting a head coaching job. not every great assistant is meant to be a great head coach.

miami? obviously they have two of the top 5 players in the league, and a third player who's in the top 20. the idea that bosh is a top 10 player in the leauge is comical. he wasn't even the best power forward available this offseason, and may have been the third best 4 behind stoudamire and boozer. but lebron and wade are a dynamic pairing, and will be difficult to stop on most nights.

problems? yea, plenty. they have zero depth. they have a very food 4th wheel in mike miller, but the drop off from that point is a steep cliff. who is their 5th starter? who is their 6th man? do they really think Z can still play? are the heat willing to buy into playing defense the way boston has and chicago will? who is the point guard? who's taking the last shot? can lebron and wade, who's style of play is very similar in that they dominate the ball, coexist? can spoelstra get the job done with pat riley looming over his shoulder? can wade stay healthy? who's guarding dwight howard in the playoffs?

i'm not worried about bosh complaining about shots... like has been said, he pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes... he's not in the same class as the other two, not even close. stoudamire is better, boozer is better. i think he's just happy to be along for the ride.

but again... this idea that the heat are a dynasty in waiting who are unstoppable, except for the lakers if they get lucky, is a ridiculous statement.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #823
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

You guys are racists.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #824
ONE
love, blood, life

ESPN is launching a website called 'The Heat Index', dedicated to "wide-ranging coverage" of all things LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Heat.

Are you fucking kidding me? I don't even know what to say. 2016(the year the NBA's TV contract with ABC/ESPN expires) can't come fast enough. I can't take ESPN's 'coverage' of the NBA. Except that knowing Stern, he'll just extend the contract again(it was originally supposed to expire in 2008).

We're going into our ninth season of ABC/ESPN coverage, and the first of at least six more. ABC doesn't even have its own sports department anymore, it's all ESPN. Which means that NBA hasn't had a real network presence since the end of the 2001-02 season. ESPN's broadcast is nearly universally hailed as awful. When this contract expires, ESPN should never get to broadcast the NBA again.

An example of an NBA broadcast when its done right:

Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #825
Blue Crack Addict

Wwbjd?

Way to play the race card.