2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do you mean? (I assume you're against me here considering that's the general concensus.
As you're new, you don't know what our fair Headache does for a living.
He is a former college basketball player and is currently employed as a basketball coach. He knows of what he speaks when talking about the game.

Doesn't mean that what he predicts for the Heat or any other team will come to pass, but he knows the game quite well, and if you hang around long enough you'll see that.

Plus he's the President of the Isiah Thomas fan club.

For whatever it's worth, I define carrying a team more like LuckyNumber7 does. Not sure there is a right or wrong with this one, but, if a shit team can finish around .500 due to a strong effort by one cat, that's carrying a team to me. As for the rest of the stuff, I got sleepy reading some of it so I don't remember the gist. I will say that Shannon carries this thread more often than not, so there's that. :)

I understand the point that yes, bad team can be carried by a great player, technically speaking.

I guess my point is this... toronto should have been better. Calderon, Hedo, bargnani and bosh should be a playoff team in the east. They were 40-42. So what exactly did bosh carry? He had more talent around him than lebron did, but they were a bad team.

Obviously there are more things at play... chemistry, injuries, bad coaching, plus bosh needs someone to get him the ball... but he certainly didn't carry shit.

Whitey is always trying to hold me down.

WhiteyFord-2.jpg

t4_whitey1205jpg.jpg

I guess my point is this... toronto should have been better. Calderon, Hedo, bargnani and bosh should be a playoff team in the east. They were 40-42. So what exactly did bosh carry? He had more talent around him than lebron did, but they were a bad team.

Yeah, Hedo was a joke last year. Didn't he issue an apology to the fans at the end of the season for his less than stellar play?

I understand the point that yes, bad team can be carried by a great player, technically speaking.

Obviously there are more things at play... chemistry, injuries, bad coaching, plus bosh needs someone to get him the ball... but he certainly didn't carry shit.

Bosh will be an after-thought in Miami, especially if Wade is healthy. 17 & 8 for Bosh maybe?

He signed a great contract, to his credit.

Bosh will be an after-thought in Miami, especially if Wade is healthy. 17 & 8 for Bosh maybe?

He signed a great contract, to his credit.

Bosh would've gotten that contract anywhere else he went though. It's kind of stupid that all of these players are equal in terms of money. That's the NBA's fault (at the same time smaller rosters make that happen too). In my opinion, they need a complete restructuring of the cap system (because a soft cap is silly). They're gonna end up throwing off competition if talent keeps concentrating. I honestly feel that the NHL has the most ideal cap system in effect of the 4 major N.A. sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom