2010 NBA Finals and beyond - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #706
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Not front and center = BITCH.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #707
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:00 AM
LePippen may or may not realize the error of his ways after seeing that cover.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #708
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:00 AM
You guys shouldn't be so hard on Bosh.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #709
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Yeah, I saw and got your point. I still don't know where you're getting that logic from.

I don't give enough of a fuck about the NBA to sit there and criticize every trade, so the idea of me calling out random players for these kind of deals isn't my thing. I don't like LeBron, and think his DECISION was a total bitch move but honestly I couldn't see myself caring about what you're alluding to.
Ok.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #710
Blue Crack Addict

Lebron looks like such an idiot on that SI cover.

I still don't know exactly what I think about all this. It's hard for me to not put the Heat as the favorite in the East this year, and I still stand by my assertion that that group will win titles in Miami. But, God I hope they suck. Not wishing injury on any of them, I just hope I'm wrong and it doesn't work out somehow.

They need more size if they want to beat the Lakers, I think. The Lakers are just fucking big.

At this point, I'm ready for November to roll around so we can actually see how this plays out on the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
So, impy...DUST for Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca...yay or nay?
Hey nam, help me out here if you're around. I just get the feeling from your posts that you are more in tune than me with what's going on with the Bulls wheelings and dealings. What have you heard lately? Who are we going after, if the Redick things fall through? Who should we go after? I'm antsy over here, so hit up some of your sources and let me know what's goin on with our Bulls. Not the same sources that told you Courtney killed Kurt, but the sources that know what's going on in the NBA.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #711
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Lebron looks like such an idiot on that SI cover.

I still don't know exactly what I think about all this. It's hard for me to not put the Heat as the favorite in the East this year, and I still stand by my assertion that that group will win titles in Miami. But, God I hope they suck. Not wishing injury on any of them, I just hope I'm wrong and it doesn't work out somehow.

They need more size if they want to beat the Lakers, I think. The Lakers are just fucking big.

At this point, I'm ready for November to roll around so we can actually see how this plays out on the court.

Hey nam, help me out here if you're around. I just get the feeling from your posts that you are more in tune than me with what's going on with the Bulls wheelings and dealings. What have you heard lately? Who are we going after, if the Redick things fall through? Who should we go after? I'm antsy over here, so hit up some of your sources and let me know what's goin on with our Bulls. Not the same sources that told you Courtney killed Kurt, but the sources that know what's going on in the NBA.
The SG spot is our focus right now. With the additions of Boozer and our finally-coming-over 2008 2nd round pick center Omer Asik, to Noah and Taj Gibson, our front court will be solid. Rose is a stud at PG. Deng is essentially a fourth option, and he's good at the 3, although it seems like the Bulls are still trying to trade him if the right deal comes. There was a report that they offered him to Philadelphia with Taj for Iggy, but that it was turned down. This makes sense, as everything I've read seems to indicate that the only way Iggy is available is if Brand goes with him.

But the SG spot is where our attention appears to be. We got Korver, we might have Redick. There just aren't many high-quality SGs to be had right now, so it looks like we're taking the smart route and going for relatively cheap shooters - and we desperately needed long-distance shooters. I've heard that Ronnie Brewer is also a possibility. His former teammate Boozer is recruiting him.

We'll probably also look for a good cheap backup point for Rose.

My whole thing right now is to just stay flexible...i.e. sign relatively small contracts, keep a good chunk of cap space(since nobody else - Rose and Noah - needs to get paid for a bit yet), so that an opportunity comes along later, we have movable/desirable assets.

Noah/Asik
Boozer/Gibson
Deng/Johnson
Korver/(?)Redick(?)
Rose/?

That lineup is really dependent on how good Rose gets.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #712
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Nay. Purposely didn't address it since it pissed me off so much. Still addresses a need much more than a completely redundant Luol Deng, though.

Hey, LeBron. Can I have Dwyane's autograph?

Two sidekicks. Awww.

Seems the first thing Bosh did was use his money for a haircut...

The really bitchy and vindictive part of me wants to see the Heat trounced every time they hit TO or Cleveland, just on general principle Bosh certainly won't be getting a warm welcome back at the ACC next season (unlike Roy Halliday - to switch sports for a moment - who, if not for the G20 fucking bullshit would have got his well deserved standing ovation and a hero's welcome at Skydome... even if he ended up killing the Jays singlehandedly )

Old 07-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #713
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Not front and center = BITCH.
$10 says they also took photos with LeBron in front.

$10 says LeBron is kinda pissed at the cover they ran with.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #714
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I still can't believe that Chris Bosh has managed to have himself placed alongside two vastly superior players throughout all this nonsense. He really has gotten the best deal of anyone in this whole free agency fiasco.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #715
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
I still can't believe that Chris Bosh has managed to have himself placed alongside two vastly superior players throughout all this nonsense. He really has gotten the best deal of anyone in this whole free agency fiasco.
Its like The Emporor's New Clothes with him...suddenly he's one of the top 5 players in the NBA if you believe all the hype around this free agency fiasco we've endured.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #716
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
This makes sense, as everything I've read seems to indicate that the only way Iggy is available is if Brand goes with him.
Based on my sources, I can say that's pretty much true, at least for the time being.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #717
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
It's between him, Joe Johnson and his max deal, and Darko and however much he got. Wow.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #718
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
$10 says they also took photos with LeBron in front.

$10 says LeBron is kinda pissed at the cover they ran with.

Maybe, but part of why he's a bitch is that he's willing to take a backseat to another player.

I think it's understood that the Heat is still Wade's team, until he leaves or retires.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #719
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
It's between him, Joe Johnson and his max deal, and Darko and however much he got. Wow.
Actually, far and away the most stunning contract went to Amir Johnson.
5 yrs, $34Mil to come off the bench averaging 6.2ppg...just unbelievable.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #720
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

No one should ever underrate Bryan Colangelo, David KAAAAAHHHNNNN, or Billy King, who somehow tricked his way into the Wizards job. Good lord. Where's Kevin Pritchard in all of this?