2010 NBA Finals and beyond - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,998
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
I'm only just now getting to this comment, but the night of the last week of the NFL season, when the Cowboys blanked the Eagles and won the division, Kobe and Co. destroyed the Mavericks to the tune of 131-96*. What did he chalk this beatdown up to?



Just throwing that out there.

*behind 24 points from that goblin Farmar

I'm sure Peef will say that Kobe only liked them because of McNabb.
__________________

__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,043
Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
The fact that the Mavs were listed as a contender in that article just pissed me off even more.
__________________

__________________
Imperor is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
The amount of Douchebraggary in this post is what's hard to beat.
Yeah, my first sentence really reeks of entitlement.

Fox had a lot of tickets. I worked for Fox. I would get lucky and get said tickets now and then.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,998
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Now who doesn't have the sense of humor?

Must be from breathing all that suite rarefied air.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Now who doesn't have the sense of humor?

Must be from breathing all that suite rarefied air.
I'll admit to misreading a bunch of posts this week, this one included.

I'm ultra-sensitive for some reason.

Fuck Bill Simmons, though.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
I'm only just now getting to this comment, but the night of the last week of the NFL season, when the Cowboys blanked the Eagles and won the division, Kobe and Co. destroyed the Mavericks to the tune of 131-96*. What did he chalk this beatdown up to?



Just throwing that out there.

*behind 24 points from that goblin Farmar
Oh, so suddenly you're from Philly when it's convenient for your trash talk, Kobe? Fuck him and his couch.
__________________
PhilsFan is online now  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #52
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:56 PM
His legs are like linguine!



Also, I was thinking about this while listening to LCD in the car today:

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,998
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Oh, so suddenly you're from Philly when it's convenient for your trash talk, Kobe? Fuck him and his couch.
Brilliant. He said nothing about Philly, he's an asshole. He mentions the Eagles positively, he's an asshole.

You ever consider the possibility that he was an Eagles fan but followed a different NBA team as a kid?
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 04:56 PM
Does anyone know what Phil Jackson said to Chris Rock? Chris' face was priceless when he was approached by him.
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #55
Refugee
 
U2ME3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,750
Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
Does anyone know what Phil Jackson said to Chris Rock? Chris' face was priceless when he was approached by him.
He said " What did the five fingers say to the face?.......SLAP!!!!"
__________________
U2ME3 is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,043
Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Also, I was thinking about this while listening to LCD in the car today:
The song actually made me wish I was a Lakers fan. I considered myself a Pau fan when he was in Memphis but can't now. Either way, opportune song, James Murphy.
__________________
Imperor is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #57
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:56 PM
Nothing would make we wish that I was a Lakers fan, though if I was ever in LA, I would love to go to a game. Laz's hero, Stevie Spielberg, got a shoutout last night.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,043
Local Time: 05:56 PM
Well, yeah. As much as it sucks being a Mavericks fan, I couldn't imagine being anything else. I seem to be made to suffer. It's my lot in life.

But then again, YLB, we appear to be fans of the same team.
__________________
Imperor is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Nothing would make we wish that I was a Lakers fan, though if I was ever in LA, I would love to go to a game. Laz's hero, Stevie Spielberg, got a shoutout last night.
I loathed the Lakers before moving to LA.

After living there for 10 years, I never did become a fan (76ers 4 LYFE. Laz is right, sometimes we don't grow up rooting for our hometown teams) but I had so many friends that are fans that it got hard to root against them. Plus, those wars with the Kings were going on when I lived there and that and the three-peat of course were all very exciting.

The games were almost invariably fun to attend.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #60
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Well, yeah. As much as it sucks being a Mavericks fan, I couldn't imagine being anything else. I seem to be made to suffer. It's my lot in life.

But then again, YLB, we appear to be fans of the same team.
Whoever wrote that article is a an overweight glob of grease.

If Dwight plays an entire season with the intensity of the last 3 games of that Celtics series, they will win a title, or come damn close. He was relishing being the villain, and it was awesome. The window is nowhere near closing, especially with the uncertainty that is the Eastern Conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I loathed the Lakers before moving to LA.

After living there for 10 years, I never did become a fan (76ers 4 LYFE. Laz is right, sometimes we don't grow up rooting for our hometown teams) but I had so many friends that are fans that it got hard to root against them. Plus, those wars with the Kings were going on when I lived there and that and the three-peat of course were all very exciting.

The games were almost invariably fun to attend.
Seeing ultra-competitive games in person, regardless of any sort of fan loyalty, are incredibly fun to watch. Plus, it'd be better than going to a Clippers game.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com