2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite of his plays was when Pau made that under-the-basket move and Shelden basically guided the ball into the basket for the and-1.

that was certainly awful, although i do think the limits of the continuation rule were stretched a bit on that "and-1"... but my favorite was the "just get the ball inbounds and boston goes into the half with a 9 point lead and all the momen..oh crap i just threw it at kobe didn't i" pass to end the 2nd half.

honestly... dude accounted for at least 6 of the lakers poitns in the last 2 minutes.

but his kid is gonna be real tall.

ackbar.gif

Shelden's picture's worth a thousand traps.

as far as KG? he needs to find something in the tank here... the gruelling nature of the playoffs and the physicality of the past few serieses looks to have really taken a toll on his old legs, as he's been completely ineffective through 2 games. they need him to show up eventually or LA wins the series.

Legs are not the problem.
Remember last year when I said before the playoffs started that KG was done for the season, even though that wasn't the official word at the time...
Well here's my info for 2010. Shoulder injury. Notice how many times he's trying to make one handed rebounds. We'll get a gauge of its severity Tuesady night, but basically its not good. he'll play, but I don't think he'll have too much real impact.

it would explain why he seems to shy away from contact, but so would the knee...

whatever it is, he's certainly not right and seems to have gotten worse as the playoffs go along. it's almost to the point where they should start large infant instead and bring KG off the bench to max his effectiveness.

Something I came across today:

* In the 2-3-2 format (since 1985), when the NBA Finals is tied 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win the series on 10 of 10 occasions (100.0%)

* If you look at the history of the NBA Finals, when the series is tied 1-1, Game 3 has been the most important game in determining the series winner. In the 32 times the Finals have been tied 1-1 after two games, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win the title 87.5 percent of the time (28-4). The percentage is higher than that of the Game 5 winner, when the series is tied 2-2 (19-6), or even for a team that goes up 3-2 (34-6).

:ohmy:

2010 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers know they must respond to Game 2 loss to Boston Celtics - ESPN Los Angeles

I'm normally of the mindset that G4 is the most important, but 2-3-2 throws a wrench in that.

Welcome to the NBA Finals, Lakers bench. Thanks for joining us. Also, everyone on the team who's played so far has scored, a good sign.

WTF is going on with Pierce and Allen? If KG was still shooting cold the team would be totally fucked right now.

WTF is going on with Garnett sitting after missing one FG. 5 from 6, have a sest, allen and pierce combine for 0-13 and they both stay out there

Mark Jackson: "The question is Ko-be, or not Ko-be."

How long until this clownish announcing team is taken off the air? They find a new way to embarrass themselves every bloody night.

every shot the c's put up that hits the rim drops out, and every fucking shot the lakers put up seems to bobble 5 times off the rim and drop in. not doing themselves any favours, but a bit of luck wouldnt hurt

Van Gundy is a jackass at times, but I do think he raises a lot of good points, and it's refreshing to hear someone who will vigorously criticize bullshit calls by the refs.

If you were the EP over at ABC/ESPN, who would you hire to replace them?

I'd prefer any other primetime team. Reggie Miller, Hubie Brown, Doug Collins, anyone. I think I'd listen to Glen Beck call the game over Jeff van Gundy at this point.

Van Gundy loses credibility whenever he hashes out some lame idea for a rule change, like suggesting extra fouls or something like that. The give-and-take between Van Gundy, Jackson and Breen is pretty solid for a 3-person crew; I'd call Jackson the weak link because I don't think he adds any valuable insight. He's less monotonous than Reggie Miller, I'll give him that.

It's by and large the best crew covering national games though besides Mike Tirico/Hubie Brown.

I'd prefer any other primetime team. Reggie Miller, Hubie Brown, Doug Collins, anyone. I think I'd listen to Glen Beck call the game over Jeff van Gundy at this point.

But those guys, including Beck, are employed elsewhere. I'd rather hear Marv call the game but TNT doesn't air the Finals so that's moot......

So, who would you prefer ABC/ESPN hire? If you don't have an answer that's cool, but I enjoy such discussions.

good recovery in the 3rd. Amazing that the c's are still frustrating as hell with the offence, and havent really impressed yet, but have still dragged it back to 6

Sandler, Spade, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider? What the fuck. First of all, none of these guys have been relevant since like the mid '90s. And the last thing I want to do is listen to them talk about basketball like they know a god damn thing about it.

Sandler, Spade, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider? What the fuck. First of all, none of these guys have been relevant since like the mid '90s. And the last thing I want to do is listen to them talk about basketball like they know a god damn thing about it.

And Kevin James has never been relevant

But those guys, including Beck, are employed elsewhere. I'd rather hear Marv call the game but TNT doesn't air the Finals so that's moot......

So, who would you prefer ABC/ESPN hire? If you don't have an answer that's cool, but I enjoy such discussions.

I like Hubie Brown and Mike Tirico. They call a balanced game and do not just toss hyperbole and mindless "oh what a move" comments at whichever team happens to be hot at the moment.

I see how Van Gundy and Jackson may appeal to some people, but I personally do not care what the latter's favorite Beyonce song is or how many romantic comedies the former watched last week.

hey dan i'm assuming you have foxtel? because i hope i haven't just spent the last few hours doing homework when i could have been watching this on ONE?

yeah its on espn.

ive had glandular fever, so when I wasnt going to get to see any games in the finals, ive now seen the first 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom