2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing holding the Heat back from a dynasty is lack of chemistry.
So we're talking dynasty and they haven't even played 1 game....pretty bold.

Wait till Chris Bosh gets pissed that he averages 3 shots a game and starts lacing the weed he sells to Lebron with rat poison, then we'll see about dynasty.

And Lebron will lose his mind if the Heat play the Celts in the playoffs when he sees his mom behind the Celts bench wearing a Delonte West shirt...and nothing more.

Yes, yes we are. That's usually what happens when you put together 2 of the top 5 players in the world, and then a wildcard top 10.

I love how everybody just imagines these problems between the two teams. You're a hater, pure and simple. You want issues to happen.

There's no way Bosh is getting 3 shots per game. The ball is going to be cycled around between the 3. Shit, I hate when people pull out the race card but honeslt if these were 3 white athletes everybody would just shut the **** up about "who gets the final shot?" or "who's team is it?" or any of that nonsense.

They're together to win a championship. If ego becomes an issue, that's 4 or 5 years down the line when they've won their championship(s).

Yes, yes we are. That's usually what happens when you put together 2 of the top 5 players in the world, and then a wildcard top 10.

I love how everybody just imagines these problems between the two teams. You're a hater, pure and simple. You want issues to happen.

There's no way Bosh is getting 3 shots per game. The ball is going to be cycled around between the 3. Shit, I hate when people pull out the race card but honeslt if these were 3 white athletes everybody would just shut the **** up about "who gets the final shot?" or "who's team is it?" or any of that nonsense.
Yeah thats right cause I mentioned the color of their skin when I mentioned Bosh was gonna be the odd man out when it comes to getting shots. I think Bosh is a slightly above average player who puled an Emporer's New Clothes act during this offseason to get folks to lump him in as a top 5 or 10 player in the league, and he'll suffer when on court with 2 guys who have always dominated the ball on their teams, who now must find a way to share the ball with one another, which will be a task, let alone share with whoever else is on court.
My analysis of the situation is from a purely basketball standpoint.
Where you got a race issue out of that I would love to know. Please point it out to me.

I'm going to skirt the insane stuff to pose a different question: since when is Chris Bosh, a guy who has little to no big game experience, a top ten player?

Did he get hit by osi, too?

Ha, maybe.

But here's the story straight from Boozer:

I came around a corner, fell over a bag, put my arm down to try to brace myself and fractured my fifth metacarpal into 3 pieces. It was just dark. My doorbell had rang and I tripped over a bag, tried to brace myself and it popped. I’m 265, 5 percent body fat. I’m heavy, man. I guess I had to brace myself and my weight just collapsed the bone right there.

It's a shame that he had to pull out the race card in his explanation, but perhaps if the bag hadn't been so "dark" none of this would have happened.

okay here goes nothing...

my dislike for lebron and diane wade has to do with their gynormous ego's, and the fact that lebron acts like a selfish overgrown child-like douchebag who doesn't understand why anyone could possibly not like him. their race, color, sexual preference or cock size does not have any bearing on my opinions on the team whatsoever.

would i be shocked if miami won the nba title? not in the least. like i said, i can see 5 teams winning it all... the lakers, the bulls, the heat, the thunder and the celtics. if a good team were able to get carmelo without sacrificing their entire roster then i could put them in the mix as well, but that's yet to be seen.

the lakers have to be the favorites to win it all still. they won it last year (barely) and have improved themselves this offseason. if durant takes the next step then he could very well be the best player in the league, and would make the thunder instant contenders. nobody else in the west have a shot in my opinion, unless someone pulls off a coup for 'melo.

in the east it comes down to boston, chicago and miami. all three have great strengths and glaring weaknesses. boston is old. last year may have been their last hoorah, but you have to at least include them in the conversation until somebody knocks them off. plus nobody plays better defense, and the idea that boston would have to zone up miami in order to contain them is laughable.

chicago filled their longstanding glaring weakness by signing boozer. they also screwed miami out of kyle korver, a very under-rated move. they will be a much improved defensive team with thibedou at the helm. they have the best team in the east, in my opinion. their pieces fit. their pieces also could be used as trade bait if needs be, 'cause they have a ton of depth.

question about chicago? sure... who's taking the last shot? is it rose, or is it boozer? you'd like to see one of their wings be a better scorer... and you also have to wonder if there was a reason why thibedou went so long before getting a head coaching job. not every great assistant is meant to be a great head coach.

miami? obviously they have two of the top 5 players in the league, and a third player who's in the top 20. the idea that bosh is a top 10 player in the leauge is comical. he wasn't even the best power forward available this offseason, and may have been the third best 4 behind stoudamire and boozer. but lebron and wade are a dynamic pairing, and will be difficult to stop on most nights.

problems? yea, plenty. they have zero depth. they have a very food 4th wheel in mike miller, but the drop off from that point is a steep cliff. who is their 5th starter? who is their 6th man? do they really think Z can still play? are the heat willing to buy into playing defense the way boston has and chicago will? who is the point guard? who's taking the last shot? can lebron and wade, who's style of play is very similar in that they dominate the ball, coexist? can spoelstra get the job done with pat riley looming over his shoulder? can wade stay healthy? who's guarding dwight howard in the playoffs?

i'm not worried about bosh complaining about shots... like has been said, he pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes... he's not in the same class as the other two, not even close. stoudamire is better, boozer is better. i think he's just happy to be along for the ride.

but again... this idea that the heat are a dynasty in waiting who are unstoppable, except for the lakers if they get lucky, is a ridiculous statement.

ESPN is launching a website called 'The Heat Index', dedicated to "wide-ranging coverage" of all things LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Heat.

Are you fucking kidding me? I don't even know what to say. 2016(the year the NBA's TV contract with ABC/ESPN expires) can't come fast enough. I can't take ESPN's 'coverage' of the NBA. Except that knowing Stern, he'll just extend the contract again(it was originally supposed to expire in 2008).

We're going into our ninth season of ABC/ESPN coverage, and the first of at least six more. ABC doesn't even have its own sports department anymore, it's all ESPN. Which means that NBA hasn't had a real network presence since the end of the 2001-02 season. ESPN's broadcast is nearly universally hailed as awful. When this contract expires, ESPN should never get to broadcast the NBA again.

An example of an NBA broadcast when its done right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6JVXBZOQbw&feature=related

P.S. Bob Costas is underappreciated. He would wipe the floor with anyone on ESPN in terms of commentary, both the substance and the style.

Yeah thats right cause I mentioned the color of their skin when I mentioned Bosh was gonna be the odd man out when it comes to getting shots. I think Bosh is a slightly above average player who puled an Emporer's New Clothes act during this offseason to get folks to lump him in as a top 5 or 10 player in the league, and he'll suffer when on court with 2 guys who have always dominated the ball on their teams, who now must find a way to share the ball with one another, which will be a task, let alone share with whoever else is on court.
My analysis of the situation is from a purely basketball standpoint.
Where you got a race issue out of that I would love to know. Please point it out to me.

I in no means intended upon saying you were pulling the race card there, I was just ranting about the general argument that people keep making. It just so happens that I quoted you or responded to you, I'm sorry if you felt that was directed towards you.

okay here goes nothing...

my dislike for lebron and diane wade has to do with their gynormous ego's, and the fact that lebron acts like a selfish overgrown child-like douchebag who doesn't understand why anyone could possibly not like him. their race, color, sexual preference or cock size does not have any bearing on my opinions on the team whatsoever.

would i be shocked if miami won the nba title? not in the least. like i said, i can see 5 teams winning it all... the lakers, the bulls, the heat, the thunder and the celtics. if a good team were able to get carmelo without sacrificing their entire roster then i could put them in the mix as well, but that's yet to be seen.

the lakers have to be the favorites to win it all still. they won it last year (barely) and have improved themselves this offseason. if durant takes the next step then he could very well be the best player in the league, and would make the thunder instant contenders. nobody else in the west have a shot in my opinion, unless someone pulls off a coup for 'melo.

in the east it comes down to boston, chicago and miami. all three have great strengths and glaring weaknesses. boston is old. last year may have been their last hoorah, but you have to at least include them in the conversation until somebody knocks them off. plus nobody plays better defense, and the idea that boston would have to zone up miami in order to contain them is laughable.

chicago filled their longstanding glaring weakness by signing boozer. they also screwed miami out of kyle korver, a very under-rated move. they will be a much improved defensive team with thibedou at the helm. they have the best team in the east, in my opinion. their pieces fit. their pieces also could be used as trade bait if needs be, 'cause they have a ton of depth.

question about chicago? sure... who's taking the last shot? is it rose, or is it boozer? you'd like to see one of their wings be a better scorer... and you also have to wonder if there was a reason why thibedou went so long before getting a head coaching job. not every great assistant is meant to be a great head coach.

miami? obviously they have two of the top 5 players in the league, and a third player who's in the top 20. the idea that bosh is a top 10 player in the leauge is comical. he wasn't even the best power forward available this offseason, and may have been the third best 4 behind stoudamire and boozer. but lebron and wade are a dynamic pairing, and will be difficult to stop on most nights.

problems? yea, plenty. they have zero depth. they have a very food 4th wheel in mike miller, but the drop off from that point is a steep cliff. who is their 5th starter? who is their 6th man? do they really think Z can still play? are the heat willing to buy into playing defense the way boston has and chicago will? who is the point guard? who's taking the last shot? can lebron and wade, who's style of play is very similar in that they dominate the ball, coexist? can spoelstra get the job done with pat riley looming over his shoulder? can wade stay healthy? who's guarding dwight howard in the playoffs?

i'm not worried about bosh complaining about shots... like has been said, he pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes... he's not in the same class as the other two, not even close. stoudamire is better, boozer is better. i think he's just happy to be along for the ride.

but again... this idea that the heat are a dynasty in waiting who are unstoppable, except for the lakers if they get lucky, is a ridiculous statement.

I completely understand (and I agree) that LeBron is a gigantic egohead. I cant say the same about Wade. Wade for the most part keeps to himself. I dont like LeBron as a person (although I'm sure anybody would want his skills on their team).

We will see about the defensive styles of teams. Boston is probably one of the very few teams that wouldn't have to run zone against Miami, but the point is during the playoffs the Heat had one man, Dwyane Wade. Who was essentially triple covered. And still produced. Boston cant do that anymore.

I dont understand why Bosh being top 10 would exactly be 'comical' although I'd agree with you in saying he's not top 10. But in terms of positions... they have top 5 players in each of their respective positions. IMO though, Stoudemire > Bosh > Boozer.

Furthermore, this Miami team honestly looks like the equivalent of last years Cleveland Caviliers (+ Wade + Bosh). That's why it yells a potential dynasty. It depends on what you really call a dynasty though. Perhaps I'm using the word out of context... but if they are a top 3 team in the league for 6 years straight it might be different as opposed to winning 5 championships.

I really find it quite unfair to say they have 0 depth. Big Z, Joel Anthony (a defensive shutdown, that's who will be guarding Dwight Howard), Udonis Haslem, and Bosh can all serve at the center position. Furthermore, if I were Spoelstra (I hope he gets fired to be honest, he's horrible), it wouldnt take a genius to cycle these 3 players. If you keep one on the bench at most times, you have scoring threat constantly.

And for the comment about Bosh carrying his team to a 40-42 record... to carry a team doesnt mean you need to carry them to the playoffs. Face it, without Bosh they were really, really bad. He carried them night in and night out. If Miami cycles those 3 players, Bosh can essentially make up for that proclaimed lack of depth on the bench.

If you have any combination of the 3 out on the court at any single time, it's probably better than what the Raptors, Heat, or Cavs had all last season. Needless to say with the addition of Boozer, Chicago has almost created the same form of a triple threat.

I never said that the Heat are a dynasty in waiting. I said that if they can put it all together, they are. That's a fair statement. It's not guaranteed that they do, but if they can all work together and play as well cooperatively as they did individually last season (and play defense), 1+1+1=3. It adds up.

I guess only time will tell. But the potential is definitely there.

I in no means intended upon saying you were pulling the race card there, I was just ranting about the general argument that people keep making. It just so happens that I quoted you or responded to you, I'm sorry if you felt that was directed towards you.

OK, no problem.
And here's hoping the Celtics beat the Heat in the ECF next May. :wink:

I'll take the contrarian view and say LeBron isn't an ego-maniac at all. Of course "the decision" was a huge debacle, but I blame a lot of that on LeBron's handlers.

He sacrificed some dollars, and some PPG, to be where he is now. Before "the decision" I didn't hear much about him being a diva. He was top ten in assists last year, his teammates liked him, he's always said all the right things. And he'll cede game-winning shots to Wade on a lot of nights this year.

I'm a Lakers fan and hope Kobe gets a chance to kick Miami's ass in June. But there was a lot of LeBron hate out there even before "the decision", and I don't get it. The guy's a prodigy, not a jerk. He just wants a team around him good enough to win now.

I'll take the contrarian view and say LeBron isn't an ego-maniac at all. Of course "the decision" was a huge debacle, but I blame a lot of that on LeBron's handlers.

He sacrificed some dollars, and some PPG, to be where he is now. Before "the decision" I didn't hear much about him being a diva. He was top ten in assists last year, his teammates liked him, he's always said all the right things. And he'll cede game-winning shots to Wade on a lot of nights this year.

I'm a Lakers fan and hope Kobe gets a chance to kick Miami's ass in June. But there was a lot of LeBron hate out there even before "the decision", and I don't get it. The guy's a prodigy, not a jerk. He just wants a team around him good enough to win now.

Yeah but at the same time the guy talks about himself in the third person...

And for the comment about Bosh carrying his team to a 40-42 record... to carry a team doesnt mean you need to carry them to the playoffs. Face it, without Bosh they were really, really bad. He carried them night in and night out. If Miami cycles those 3 players, Bosh can essentially make up for that proclaimed lack of depth on the bench.
Yes, I think you do. I wouldn't at all call what Bosh did "carrying" a team. You know why? Because he didn't accomplish anything.

Kyle Korver looks really good in this preseason game against the Bucks.

And the eminently goofy Stacey King already has his call down for whenever CJ Watson does something good:

"CJ WAAAAAATSONUHHH!"

God, this is gonna be a fun year.

Yes, I think you do. I wouldn't at all call what Bosh did "carrying" a team. You know why? Because he didn't accomplish anything.

And what Wade did... was different? He lead his team to the playoffs... and got tossed.

I dont think anyone is contemplating this... Bosh (40) < Wade (50) < LeBron (60). Each of them were still left pretty empty handed when it came to support on their teams. Bosh is capable of making a team win half of their games when he's alone. Wade is capable of making his team a playoff team when he's alone. LeBron is capable of making his team the best in the league when he's alone.

And when I say alone, I mean no second star or defined second option. As opposed to Wade and Shaq, Pierce/Allen/Garnett, Kobe and Gasol/Odom, etc.

If you're carrying somebody, you dont need to bring them anywhere to have just carried them. He carried them all the way to a .500 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom