2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dear pat riley

i can't dribble or jump very well. i could try to run the floor but i'd probably get tired. i can shoot the ball, but who knows where the heck it's going to go. i'm only 6'1 so i really can't defend either. but since you only have like 4 players on your team right now, how about you sign me to help fill out the roster? you can sign me for the minimum and i'll give you money back. what am i going to do with $473k anyways?

i can be one of those guys who holds his hand out during the opening lineups for the starters to slap and i can also wave a towel like nobody's business. i mean, c'mon...if LUKE WALTON is in the league, there's room for me.

lmk

i'd like to see Lebron tested for steriods. I couldn't believe what a moon face he has now. I understand in the past 7 years he's going to get bigger, but usually your head doesn't grow unless you're on something.

long story short, lebron is soft. i don't follow basketball, but seriously. he had the chance to pick a team and his legacy, and he chose a team that had already won something.

it's a crying shame. it probably shows he could have been anything, but decided he needed to be on someone's coattails.

i'd have loved to have seen him stick with cleveland a build a team around him, but both parties came up short.

oh well, back to the australian nbl. go breakers!

the rant from the Cavs owner was unacceptable whether or not there's any truth to it.

the rant from the Cavs owner was unacceptable whether or not there's any truth to it.

I did like the part where he guaranteed a Cavs title before Lebron wins one in Miami though. Cause that nucleus of Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison and Sideshow Bob is a sure title contender.

Maybe, but I don't fault him at all for it. It was such a public humiliation for him, the team, and Cleveland fans.

The fact that Wade says he's "speechless" about it is laughable to me. What did they expect? Kisses and rose petals all the way to Miami?

Maybe, but I don't fault him at all for it. It was such a public humiliation for him, the team, and Cleveland fans.

The fact that Wade says he's "speechless" about it is laughable to me. What did they expect? Kisses and rose petals all the way to Miami?

No, he probably expected something a tad more professional, though. Sorry, guys, I know we're all on the internetz so we're used to just spitting out whatever pops into our heads, but I'd like to think that Mr. Gilbert would have acted with a tad more maturity than he did. And, again, if you really hated Lebron that much, or truly believed that he quit in the playoffs TWO SEASONS IN A ROW then why didn't you say so before, and why were you trying to resign him so desperately? Fucking pathetic. Leaders are supposed to act with a little more tact than that, sorry. He easily could have said something like "The Cavaliers organization is bitterly disappointed with the decision by Lebron James as well as the manner in which it was carried out. Blah blah blah despite this we are deeply committed to building a championship franchise blah blah blah Cavs fans deserve better blah blah blah". No real need to mock James' nicknames, imply that he's fucking cursed, etc.

Anyone that legitimately feels that Gilbert's statement was a good one does not know what they're talking about.

No, he probably expected something a tad more professional, though. Sorry, guys, I know we're all on the internetz so we're used to just spitting out whatever pops into our heads, but I'd like to think that Mr. Gilbert would have acted with a tad more maturity than he did. And, again, if you really hated Lebron that much, or truly believed that he quit in the playoffs TWO SEASONS IN A ROW then why didn't you say so before, and why were you trying to resign him so desperately? Fucking pathetic. Leaders are supposed to act with a little more tact than that, sorry. He easily could have said something like "The Cavaliers organization is bitterly disappointed with the decision by Lebron James as well as the manner in which it was carried out. Blah blah blah despite this we are deeply committed to building a championship franchise blah blah blah Cavs fans deserve better blah blah blah". No real need to mock James' nicknames, imply that he's fucking cursed, etc.

Anyone that legitimately feels that Gilbert's statement was a good one does not know what they're talking about.

I agree with this. All I'm saying is I understand where he's coming from.

This wasn't written for the sports world, it's a letter to the people of Cleveland specifically. And I don't think those people are looking for tact and professionalism in Gilbert right now. I think they're looking for someone to carry the banner of their anger, and Gilbert is showing solidarity by helping to vent those feelings.

It's completely over the top, but this situation is somewhat unparalleled, no? Gretzky at least won a handful of trophies for Edmonton before he left.

Any chance Delonte West takes a vet minimum deal to follow his heart to Miami?

I would like Mike Miller to join my team.

mike-miller.jpg

Those 3 pointers would come in handy.

Did Gilbert cross the line with his response?...probably...but LeBron threw the first punch by creating this tv event last night that was a big F U to Cleveland and Gilbert came back swinging. I don't necessarily agree with everything he said but I don't fault him either.

Wow, good call. Lu is the fucking best. Not a very formidable player in this league, at all really, but I'd take him as an 8th or 9th guy off the bench, for not much money.

We need someone who can shoot. He can shoot. I'm not saying he's our starting 2 guard. I'm am saying I'd rather see Lu on the floor instead of Flip Murray.

Miami should sign Ben Wallace.

I should be a GM

Say what you will about Damp, he could do some good there. Yes, he's got frying pan hands and a reluctance to ever play with real authority, but he does a lot of things really well, especially keeping possessions alive by tipping rebounds all over the place. You could do worse.

Question for you guys;
Some of my coworkers are saying that adding Shaq would benefit the Heat, do you agree?

Absolutely. In my extremely humble opinion, a 6 man rotation of Lebron, Wade, Bosh, old man Shaq, Mike Miller, and Mario Chalmers (whose game I actually kind of like...he had a drop off last year across the board, but his rookie season was pretty strong under the radar. He's a pesky little bastard.) is the best in the league. That team is fucking frightening, I don't care about the other 6 they put around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom