2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like you nailed that

6:27 pm

Wouldn't matter....once you watch past 6:22:30, it's the same as if you watched until 6:30. Now they'll hope they can drag people to 6:37:30 to maybe get the next quarter hour's worth of credit.

Anyone that thought this show would come on and Lebron would immediately reveal his choice had their head up their ass.

ETA - looks like you edited the post I quoted....so my reply doesn't make a whole lot of sense now. :)

Lebron must have the worst PR firm ever. Talk about transforming the guy in the most hated athlete in the country in less than a week.

he'll be fine

seems like a reasonable guy, that put some thought into his decision.

I do like the burning jersey, good decision to get the hell out of Ohio

LeBITCH

Fuck you, you arrogant, traitorous, pathetic douchebag.

I hope you break both your legs before the Lakers can wipe the floor with you.

Not to so much related to LeBron, but just jumping in here to mourn the loss of team loyalty and hard work - more related to Chris Bosh, and in general to all the players we've had leave TO...

I started watching NBA in the early 80s as a kid, so my era is more Lakers/Celtics/Pistons (I grew up near Windsor ON), and later on the Bulls. How many years did say, Jordan stay with Chicago before they were winners? Detroit had to work to get to the Bad Boy era. The Lakers we can leave out of this, they've been a power/decently high up for as long as I can remember... The Celtics had to work themselves back somewhat after the Bird era too.

Here in TO we've had some great players who the fans have loved, but the fan favourites - Carter, Stoudamire, Camby, McGrady, and now Bosh - have always left after a few years (and some of them have badmouthed the city and its fans, which I resent a great deal!) in search of a "winning" team. What's happened to sticking around, being a leader and trying to build a team instead of waiting for the owners to buy one? It's different if it's a player that's proved themselves, worked over years for the same team going for one last shot at a ring - someone like Clyde the Glide or Karl Malone you can understand going for it after years and years and an established career - but the Boshes, Jameses, etc. are too young to be jumping ship, really. (Though I'll admit James has proved himself *much* more than Bosh, having actually *led* his team somewhere...)

I suppose it's naive of me, but could anyone imagine someone like Jordan doing something like this back in his day? God knows he had at least 10 times the star power of LeBron (and somewhat more talent) then...

Speaking of handles, who wants to go halfsies with me on a handle of Jim Beam?

Looks like former OMG SHOULD THEY PICK HIM OR ROSE forward Michael Beasley has been traded to the Timbawolves for a bath robe and a tube of toothpaste.

lebron.jpg
Lebron:"...I'm taking my talents to South Beach..."

d_wade_4-30-08.jpg
Wade: "Welcome to the city mah brotha!"

1201406357.jpg
Bosh: "YESSSSS! Let's get to work boys!"

beasley1.jpg
Beasley: "WE GOT THIS!"

chris-bosh-01.jpg
g-spt-100629-lebron-james-204p.h2.jpg
wade_300_051203.jpg
"......."

Michael-Beasley.jpg
Beasley: "... Guys? ..."
freshprincerix1.gif
AAAHHH!

By the way, an owner going off like that is weak-ass shit, no matter what.

In fact, if you are so fucking convinced that Lebron quit on you during the playoffs, why the fuck were you bidding to retain his services. God knows you didn't open your mouth about Lebron then.

Sucks for Cleveland that he left, and it's even worse to find out via a TV special, but, show a little more class than that, Gilbert.

Weak.

Gilbert's tirade indeed lacked tact, but it's hard for me to disagree with what he said. I didn't want the special out of principle that a true great wouldn't need to have such a parade for himself. But this entire thing just makes me sick to my stomach.

I would like to extend an apology to my good pal Laz for mocking his "LeBitch" shtick. He deserves such a moniker. While this is great for your casual NBA fan, those of us who care about the sanctimony of sport have seen a great loss tonight.

You can skip this part unless you want to hear some fanboying: Dirk Nowitzki means the world to me. All of my professional sports allegiances lie in the Metroplex, where I spent my formative years and learned to love sports. They always will regardless of whether or not I ever find myself moving back there. Ring or no ring, Dirk will almost undoubtedly go down as my favorite sportsman ever, not only for his enormous talents but for his selflessness and true understanding of the concepts of loyalty and home. He might never get his championship. Maybe the Mavs never will. But I'm so proud to see a man of his caliber go down with the ship rather than tarnish his legacy and murder the fans who did nothing but adore him. If these four years don't work out with the fairy tale ending he deserves, more power to him if he wants to ring whore at the age of 36. I feel fortunate to count him as my favorite player in the league, and it's just a bonus to have Nash and KD round out my top three. My heart goes out to the fans of Cleveland. I'll be pulling for you from here on out, and it'd be very sweet to see the Cavs reach the promise land before their former savior does.

Here's the letter that Cavs owner Dan Gilbert has written to the fans of the Cavs.

Cavaliers: Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

While I believe you never respond so quickly when you're angry, I like what Gilbert writes in this letter. He has every right to be angry and feel used. Gilbert has done everything possible for the organization to make LeBron happy. From building him a state of the art team practice facility that's close to James home to making trades that probably didn't make sense for a team building to win but rather trying to win now. LeBron put that pressure on the Cavs front office and they did what they could do...which, in my opinion, was a lot. The bottom line is that LeBron didn't have the class to call him to notify Gilbert of his decision. To me that's unacceptable, especially when you go on national tv to announce it. The best part of the tv special last night is when Wilbon asks LeBron if he's been in contact with Gilbert and LeBron acts surprised at the question like "why should I do that?" I only want to do what's best for LeBron James.

I am not upset that LeBron has left the team but it makes me sick the way he went about how he announced the decision.

Oh well, the sun came up today in Ohio. This "The Decision" can be added to a long line of surreal sports memories for me.

Stay well everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom