2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, that's why everyone from out of town keeps referencing Thursday. Seriously, I had no clue free agency was almost here. The life of a Sixers fan. ENTHRALLING.

Turner will be a good (possibly better than good) player for you guys for a while. So you've got that.

Cavs to Seattle without LeBronica. The Emerald City deserves its reparations.

ESPN's "NBA Free Agency Summit" featuring Simmons, Kornholer, Le Batard, and the always awful Michael Wilbon was one of the worst half hours of televison I've ever seen.
I don't have a television in my room, and consequently watch very little TV. This tends to probably be a good thing more often than not.

The idiots on the sports talk radio talked themselves into a panic over the idea that they'd trade the pick away to get a big man after they traded Sammy D, which was bullshit. Eddie Stefanski's going to play it very safe for a while, if the Collins hiring and Turner pick are any indication. It's the only way to maintain his thin job security.

Waiting for 'Melo next offseason?

I'm super stressed out about this shit, guys. I really just want to get it over with and see how it shakes down. Hopefully once Thursday rolls around, these assholes don't wait too long to make their decisions.

Unfortunately, there are multiple reports stating that LeBron might take until the 3rd to make a decision. And I don't think the other guys are going to be too quick to commit to anything before they know what LeBron's doing.

Unfortunately, there are multiple reports stating that LeBron might take until the 3rd to make a decision. And I don't think the other guys are going to be too quick to commit to anything before they know what LeBron's doing.

Great. Wait 'til the 3rd. Don't make your decision until mere hours before the start of (arguably) the greatest drinking day of the year. That's not going to pose any potential health risks for me or anything.

ESPN's "NBA Free Agency Summit" featuring Simmons, Kornholer, Le Batard, and the always awful Michael Wilbon was one of the worst half hours of televison I've ever seen.

I just watched a little bit of that. It was like an episode of the View, except not as informative.

let me get this straight...

ESPN, with Chris Brousard & Chad Ford leading the push, have said, in order, that...

--there will be a "free agency summit"
--lebron and bosh to the bulls is a done deal, lock it up
--lebron and bosh will be joining the heat with wade, done deal, lock it up
--come watch our new tv show, the "nba free agency summit."

seems to me that the world wide leader is either
---full of complete morons who don't know what the hell they're talking about
---simply making shit up in order to enhance the story and their own ratings
---both

fact is nobody knows what's going to happen come midnight. nobody mentions the knicks for any of these guys... no one... and that's simply ridiculous. by no means do i think it's a lock that these guys are coming to new york, and the other major players all present great situations. but to all of a sudden treat new york as if they don't matter? come on...

for months, years even, the knicks were the team mentioned far and away above everyone else. now nobody even brings them up as an option. what's better for ESPN's ratings... a story of "lebron will go to cleveland or new york and that's it?" or "lebron could go annnnnnnywhere! it's amazing! wow, basketball, the sport we have the contract for their TV rights! it's fan-tastic! even your city could be next to get lebron! yes, you, sioux city! lebron is coming to you! you should be very very interested and watch only ESPN for all your updates!"

all of this makes it so that if he does decide to go to new york all the more "shocking" for ESPN to report. i may be stealing from the sports guy now, but it's as if ESPN has hired vince mcmahon and good ole' JR to make their storylines now. "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! THAT'S LEBRON'S MUSIC!! HE... HE'S WEARING A KNICKS JERSEY!!! WHO WOULDA THUNK IT!"

let me get this straight...

ESPN, with Chris Brousard & Chad Ford leading the push, have said, in order, that...

--there will be a "free agency summit"
--lebron and bosh to the bulls is a done deal, lock it up
--lebron and bosh will be joining the heat with wade, done deal, lock it up
--come watch our new tv show, the "nba free agency summit."

seems to me that the world wide leader is either
---full of complete morons who don't know what the hell they're talking about
---simply making shit up in order to enhance the story and their own ratings
---both

I agree completely - this whole free agency issue has been the apex of media sensationalism run amok. Cleveland beat writers have been reporting that "sources close to LeBron" - whatever the hell that means - have claimed that the Cavs are still in the driver's seat to resign him, but that story has never appeared anywhere on ESPN, Yahoo Sports, NBA TV, etc. The reason being, as you correctly suggest, that a "LeBron may stay with Cleveland" headline is not going to create any hysteria.

Edit: And now, reportedly, we have Mr. Bosh on record as having said the following about the Miami big three: "I don't see it happening." Sorry, ESPN.

Perhaps I'm going to need someone to explain the finances to me, but how the hell is Miami going to pay all three of those guys and still field an accompanying team? It seems as though one of the three would have to sign for less than the maximum - I'd love to overhear the conversation where they discuss which of them will take the pay cut.

Apparently Miami now has 2 contracts on the books for 2010-2011, Beasley at like $4.9 mil and Chalmers at like 840K from what I heard on the radio (figures might no be quite accurate, but it was less than 6 mil assuming Wade opts out of his 17 mil).
So they have the room, then they fill in with the mid level exemption, rookie draft picks and a couple of vets who will play a year cheap to try for a ring.
It can be done.

Pierce will never leave.

piercebrosnan.jpg

Word is that Pierce is simply looking for a more lucrative long-term deal in relation to the impending CBA. If only I knew exactly what that meant.

Word is that Pierce is simply looking for a more lucrative long-term deal in relation to the impending CBA. If only I knew exactly what that meant.

There will likely be lockout after this coming season. The owners want to drastically reduce max salaries and max lengths of player contracts. This is essentially the last summer for players to max out under the current CBA before their wages are cut down. There is speculation that that is why all of these players signed contracts that ended this summer in the first place.

Good lord, that free agent summit was the worst thing to happen involving the NBA not called cocaine.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Kornheiser has watched a game, in any sport, in years. And that includes when he was in the booth for MNF.

He's putrid.

The only person that could've improved that trainwreck is Stephen A. Smith. I would've been elated if Mr. Caps Lock and his cheesedoodles made a guest appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom