2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that the only possibility would be Montreal vs another original 6 team that met a lot early on, but I doubt it.
This is #12 for Celts/Lakers.
How many Yankee/Dodgers WS have there been? Not close to that I imagine.

Quick glance it appears Yanks vs Dodgers has happened 11 times, and Yanks vs Giants has happened a lot too...7 times.
Yanks/Cards is 5.

Yeah, Yanks/Dodgers leaped to mind but I figured it was around 8 or 9, so I was slightly off there.

Yanks domination of the Dodgers in the WS is about equal to the Celtics domination of the Lakers in the Finals.

It looks like 7 is the top for Hockey between Toronto and Detroit, lot of 5 and 6 times there mixed in with the original 6 teams.

lakers_championship_banner_22975big.jpg

Lakers winning the glass battle, obviously. Both teams playing pretty strong D. But both teams poor on the offensive end. Lots of fumbles, sloppy plays, and gimme shots missed.

This shit is fucking intensity in ten cities. God damn. I've already smoked like 6 cigarettes.

Jeez, is either team gonna break 80 pts tonight?

Gasol has been getting points but so many first attempts on the jump shots not going in. Not a good sign. Allen and Kobe are off as well, and Pierce strangely quiet tonight so far.

Artest looks like he wants that ring pretty badly. But, yikes, what horrid shooting for both clubs.....I mean, sometimes you gotta give the D credit, but both teams are missing wide open shots.

Kobe just flat out not playing well. Like you said, part of that can be attributed to the D, but damn.

So much for the prognosticators who said Kobe would play the best game of the series/these playoffs/his career.

If he doesn't come out of the locker room in the second half and start lighting shit up, he doesn't deserve this championship, I don't care how many other Lakers "want it". He certainly should have to take every shot, but I'm not seeing the willpower right now.

Anybody else slightly creeped out by van Gundy's comments re: Jennifer Garner and Leo Dicaprio's gf?

That was ugly. The Lakers played like complete fucking horseshit on offense. And are down 6. Get yourself together, Kobe.

Also, my brother, who lived out in L.A. and is the biggest Lakers fan I know (and also the reason why I root for the Lakers) just texted me "Worst offense I've ever seen. This game is over. Congrats Boston."

How is this dude related to me? He's a negative, glass-half empty motherfucker when it comes to sports and I am the complete polar opposite. Shit ain't over 'til it's over. I want to punch him in the face through the phone.

Also, my brother, who lived out in L.A. and is the biggest Lakers fan I know (and also the reason why I root for the Lakers) just texted me "Worst offense I've ever seen. This game is over. Congrats Boston."

How is this dude related to me? He's a negative, glass-half empty motherfucker when it comes to sports and I am the complete polar opposite. Shit ain't over 'til it's over. I want to punch him in the face through the phone.

Yeah, I'll give you that....you are most definitely a sports optimist.

Well, I'm normally pretty pessimistic, and I tend to get more angry at my teams that don't play well versus getting all sad about it.

As far as this game is concerned, 6 points isn't a lot. And I can't imagine the Lakers having a second half as bad as the first.

I keep pretty even keeled. I tend to get negative about players more than my teams, but I'll also praise guys too....I think I keep it pretty realistic, overall, but my perception of my own fandom could obviously be skewed.

And I don't boo my teams when I'm watching them in person.

I just don't understand how you could completely give up on your favorite team, down by 6, with 24 fucking minutes left. My brother, the idiot.

Here we go. Ring the bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom