INTERFERENCE
U2 Fans, 'Zine, and More

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure




Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 21,434
Local Time: 05:43 PM
2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

As you were...




__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pushing my wheel of love.
Posts: 7,679
Local Time: 04:43 PM
This recent trade activity should finally put to rest the idea that the West is far superior to the East. The East now has at least five elite or potentially elite teams: Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Miami, and New York.


__________________

__________________
iron yuppie is online now  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 21,434
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Lakers, Mavs and Spurs must be loving the recent trade activity...Denver was a potential first round matchup for one of them and if healthy with Anthony, Billups, Nene, Smith et al could have been an upset threat, and now looks like no threat whatsoever. Similarly Utah, who might have slipped in as the 8 seed and had the raw talent to give the Spurs a fit is now heading to the lottery.


__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 48,147
Local Time: 05:43 PM
The Knicks will be very good in time provided they can add a solid, defensive minded big who isn't a complete waste of an offensive player... someone who can guard a 5, chases the ball off the glass and can knock down a 10 foot jumper. When they get this player, and maybe one other bench vet pg, they will be very dangerous in the east.

It's a shame that they have to go on a 3 game road trip right away... especially considering two of the games are in Florida. This team put up a huge offensive number last night against a very good defensive team, and they really only ran two sets with billups and melo on the floor... a basic wing screen/roll and a simple flex set. The rest was all on instinct and simply knowing how to play. Having chauncey billups as your floor general in this process can not be understated enough. He's markedly better than felton... and his leadership abilities will be crucial, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Melo? He looked like he had no legs. His shot was short and flat most of the game, but he made them count when it mattered most. He plays a lot of isolation... a little more than I would like, but a little iso on the wing and in the post is fine provided you keep the ball moving on the other possessions. Also key for the other players to realize that just because there's isolation doesn't mean the off the ball movement stops. This is the main difference between when lebron iso's vs a Kobe, Durant, melo, or even going back to jordan... lebron likes to iso at the top of the key, effectively killing all off the ball movement. Iso on the wing or short corner/shot porch area creates a defined strong side and weak side. The defense has to adjust to this.

I can also invision a lot of sets with melo on the block and Amar'e on the high post, with a shooter in the opposite corner and opposite wing could be especially lethal.

This team will be an offensive juggernaut in time. Probably not by this weekend, but within a few weeks.

Defensively? Not quite. They need that extra big. As they stand right now... if dwight howard doesn't drop 30+ on them in a few days he should be kicked out of the league.

Last night was fun. I'm pumped.


__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 8,929
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Let's go ahead and start a suicide watch for Baron Davis.


__________________
Imperor is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 21,434
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Let's go ahead and start a suicide watch for Baron Davis.


__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 48,147
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Let's go ahead and start a suicide watch for Baron Davis.
that was very surprising... i have to imagine cleveland will be trying their asses off to spin davis off for an expiring contract before 3pm hits.


__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 48,147
Local Time: 05:43 PM
every time i saw this...


... all i could think of was this...



__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 8,929
Local Time: 04:43 PM
And every time I see the latter, I see a horrible broadcaster.


__________________
Imperor is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pushing my wheel of love.
Posts: 7,679
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
that was very surprising... i have to imagine cleveland will be trying their asses off to spin davis off for an expiring contract before 3pm hits.
I hope so. Cleveland was after the draft pick, but I really cannot understand the appeal of Davis. I also cannot think of any team that would want to absorb Davis right now. Some Cavs fans are claiming that they got him in order to ensure that they end up with the worst record in the league.


__________________
iron yuppie is online now  
Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,064
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The Knicks will be very good in time provided they can add a solid, defensive minded big who isn't a complete waste of an offensive player... someone who can guard a 5, chases the ball off the glass and can knock down a 10 foot jumper. When they get this player, and maybe one other bench vet pg, they will be very dangerous in the east.

It's a shame that they have to go on a 3 game road trip right away... especially considering two of the games are in Florida. This team put up a huge offensive number last night against a very good defensive team, and they really only ran two sets with billups and melo on the floor... a basic wing screen/roll and a simple flex set. The rest was all on instinct and simply knowing how to play. Having chauncey billups as your floor general in this process can not be understated enough. He's markedly better than felton... and his leadership abilities will be crucial, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Melo? He looked like he had no legs. His shot was short and flat most of the game, but he made them count when it mattered most. He plays a lot of isolation... a little more than I would like, but a little iso on the wing and in the post is fine provided you keep the ball moving on the other possessions. Also key for the other players to realize that just because there's isolation doesn't mean the off the ball movement stops. This is the main difference between when lebron iso's vs a Kobe, Durant, melo, or even going back to jordan... lebron likes to iso at the top of the key, effectively killing all off the ball movement. Iso on the wing or short corner/shot porch area creates a defined strong side and weak side. The defense has to adjust to this.

I can also invision a lot of sets with melo on the block and Amar'e on the high post, with a shooter in the opposite corner and opposite wing could be especially lethal.

This team will be an offensive juggernaut in time. Probably not by this weekend, but within a few weeks.

Defensively? Not quite. They need that extra big. As they stand right now... if dwight howard doesn't drop 30+ on them in a few days he should be kicked out of the league.

Last night was fun. I'm pumped.
Knicks gotta be thinking of a way to bring Roy Hibbert or Emeka Okafur into that team. I think both guys would fit their need pretty well.


__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 48,147
Local Time: 05:43 PM
okafur's contract would be very difficult to absorb. hibbert is an interesting option... i imagine he's still on the rookie salary scale.

i wonder if rik smits is available


__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,064
Local Time: 05:43 PM
Holy Sweet Mother Mary, how in the hell is Okafur making $11m/per?


__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 48,147
Local Time: 05:43 PM
some of the world's mysteries are best left unknown.


__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 48,147
Local Time: 05:43 PM
2010: fuck yea! i got traded from the clippers to the cavs!
2011: fuck, i got traded from the clippers to the cavs.


__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Interference.com on Facebook


Download our Mobile App

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com

U2 News Delivered to your Email!

Stay up-to-date everything U2 right in your inbox!

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]