2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about those Bulls notching up win #58 over the Celtics? D-Rose with a cool 30/8/5 along with two steals on 9/16 shooting and 10/10 from the line.

We've got the Cavs, a Howard-less Magic(due to suspension), the Knicks, and the Nets left. We're gonna finish with 60+, I can feel it.

"Derrick, how does it feel to be the youngest MVP in league history?"

"(Laughs) Man, I don't really give a fuck. This is a team game. I just want my team to win games. I just want to win."

:cute::heart::cute::heart::cute:

Just like the Cavs the past couple years.

People keep wanting to compare the Bulls to the Cavs of 2008-2010. Why? Because people think the Bulls are a one man show that will get exposed in the playoffs? Or are you just saying that regular season win totals don't mean anything?

The Bulls are a far, far deeper and more balanced team than any of the LeBron Cavs teams. I don't really see the comparison at all.

Congrats, Lakers, on officially eliminating yourselves from home court advantage.

WTF?

Unless they feel they don't need it to beat the Spurs, which I guess technically they've already proven.

The bulls are not a one man team. Even if rose takes a few too many shots for my liking, the bulls have a much greater flow to their offense than the cavs ever did, and their defensive rotations are on par with those of the Celtics over their recent run... whereas the cavs had a stagnant offense and a defense that was overrated.

The bulls are very good.

Jeff Van Gundy makes me sad. He says Lebron should NOT get a T for pegging the ball at Jermaine O'Neal. Really? Because Jermaine didn't play matador defense and just get out of the way and let Quitness just dunk at will, it's OK to whip the ball at him like a petulant child. That wouldn't surprise me from some people, but from JVG it's disappointing.

Not to mention that since all 3 of LBJ, Wade, and Bosh have T's they've been allowed to lose their shit every time something doesn't go their way, with no fear of a T since no way any of them are getting tossed. I think I hate them more than the Lakers.

But they were the #1 seed last year; they could afford to get bored near the end.

They really had no shot at getting the #1 spot once SA pulled away with such a huge lead. Especially when they totally fell asleep those 3 games waiting for the All-Star break. They would have had to practically win out the rest of the games. It was fun for them to chase the top but once they finally lost and the Spurs won, I think they just lost their energy and were pretty much ready for the regular season to be over and done with.

This is definitely an embarrassing stretch of basketball though. Not exactly setting a message to your opponents for the post-season.

As inaccurate as today's game was in predicting a possible play-off matchup, I think that the Magic can certainly hold their own if they meet the Bulls in the 2nd round. The biggest mismatches on the court for the Bulls are Jason Richardson, Ryan Anderson and Dwight... and of course, no one on the Magic can come close to guarding Rose. Nelson's able to get his points, though he'll never come close to equalizing Rose's output.

They're at comparable levels as far as team defense is concerned in efficiency (Bulls at 1, Magic at 5) and more streamlined numbers. The biggest difference is that the Bulls' best player is easily their go-to guy, whereas Dwight has never solidified that role, and to me, that's the major difference.

Hell, I'm not even sure if the Magic will make it out of the first round with the way that they've been playing lately. If they do, it'll probably go to 6 games versus a potential Bulls sweep of the Pacers. We'll see.

They really had no shot at getting the #1 spot once SA pulled away with such a huge lead. Especially when they totally fell asleep those 3 games waiting for the All-Star break. They would have had to practically win out the rest of the games. It was fun for them to chase the top but once they finally lost and the Spurs won, I think they just lost their energy and were pretty much ready for the regular season to be over and done with.

This is definitely an embarrassing stretch of basketball though. Not exactly setting a message to your opponents for the post-season.

That all makes sense. But now they're in danger of losing the #2 seed, tied with Dallas right now. If the Spurs don't even get to the Conference Finals then the Lakers don't need that top spot, but being the runner-up would sure help.

Yeah - I'll consider myself happy if the Knicks take the series to game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom