2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so glad i didn't waste 2.5 hours on that game

and helloooooooo there heather cox

Apparently Miami is 1 for 14 from the field with 0:10 or less left in the 4th quarter. I guess that makes it 1 for 16 now. Clutchness!

I'm sure they wouldn't ...but why would they trade for Bosh?

They have a strong set of young players that they could package for him. Plus, he's a reliable enough scoring option. Would they win a title with Granger and Bosh as the top two guys? No. I wouldn't make that deal, but he's a relatively big enough name for a team in need of a "franchise" player.

At least they'll always have the memories of that championship celebration in July. When is that banner going in the rafters?

Bosh2.png

While the Heat have some serious issues with late game screwups...

What the hell was that Luol Deng-flop for the first foul? And then the second foul? Not that they weren't calling crap calls both ways (like when LeBron dives into opposing players)... but that was just awful.

The number that crystallized the issues is 1-for-18. That's what the Heat are shooting in the final 10 seconds to win or tie a game this season. It should be pointed out that the one make, a James dunk to force overtime in November in Memphis, didn't even result in a win, as the Heat ultimately lost on a Rudy Gay buzzer-beater.

When the locker room first opened to reporters after the game, Stoudemire and Anthony were bantering and laughing about players on the Miami Heat crying after their loss earlier Sunday to the Chicago Bulls, with Stoudemire fingering Chris Bosh as the watery-eyed one (although Bosh, when asked by reporters in Miami whether he had cried, said he almost had but did not).

"I heard Chris Bosh was crying tears," Stoudemire said.

"Tears?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah, tears," Stoudemire replied.

"Wait 'til I call him, man," Anthony said. "I'll be like: 'What are you doing?'"

:heart:

"i told my team i won't continue to fail them"

oh lebron, when will you ever learn.

The sooner he's able to admit that it's a combined effort and not 'his team' (if that's what he means by 'my team'), the quicker the Heat can stop being a laughing stock.

I honestly cannot believe this whole 'my ball' thing might actually become an issue. I thought that was the silliest thing, but there's just got to be some point when you realize that you're just not making those 1-on-5 shots.

They should review those types of flops after the game and issue fines for the egregious ones.

They should review those types of flops after the game and issue fines for the egregious ones.

Or review calls in the final 2 minutes, or something of the sort. Basketball is already enough of a soft man's sport... I think it's ridiculously unsportsmanlike to attempt force a call. Offensively or defensively.

There's one thing when you lean into a defender coming at you. There's another when the defender is standing still and you take a dive at them like LeBron did late in that 4th quarter (and got the call). It's ridiculous.

LuckyNumber7 said:
The sooner he's able to admit that it's a combined effort and not 'his team' (if that's what he means by 'my team'), the quicker the Heat can stop being a laughing stock.

I honestly cannot believe this whole 'my ball' thing might actually become an issue. I thought that was the silliest thing, but there's just got to be some point when you realize that you're just not making those 1-on-5 shots.

... says every cleveland cav fan on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom