2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KG just abused Channing Frye all night last night.

There will be a major fight involving dwight howard at some point. He's a dirty, chippy player who gets away with it cause of his big doofy smile.

He's like a giant, black john stockton.

I'm shocked it hasn't happened already. Maybe it is the smile...he's got that Of Mice and Men thing going where he's like "whoops" as some guys chiclets fly across the court.

i haven't seen someone blatantly fling his elbows around in a dangerous manner with such regularity and act like he did absolutely nothing wrong since, well...

Dikembe-Mutombo.jpg

To make things even better, Lebron missed a wide open 3 to tie the game at the buzz. What is their record against elite teams now, 1-10?

Man, I thought Bron Bron's three was going in there. Looked good out of his hands.

Oh well. I won't shed a tear over it! Hahahahaahahahahaha.

Also... this is what... the 3rd time now that a ridiculously stupid call has been made for a last second 3? LeBron isn't a 3 point shooter. Neither is Bosh. Nor Wade.

Yeah, so Mike Miller missed his shot against Boston. He still should've shot this one.

But the most important part is that they should not have been in this situation for about the 5th time this season to begin with. They had a relatively large lead. So sad.

Yeah thats what I would have drawn up on an inbounds play with 7 seconds to go down 3...get the ball to Bosh outside the 3 point line...what could go wrong with that strategy?

So... Orlando is only an elite team when Miami loses to them... but not when they beat them?

No, they're still an elite team. Wins against San Antonio, Dallas, LA, Miami (x2), Boston (though they lose the other 2 games), OKC (lost the other matchup by 1 point), and Chicago (lost the last game one, but have another one tonight) can attest to that.

Howard's morphed into this total brute in the post. While he gets away with his share of 'bows and cheap shots, it's not like he doesn't get roughed around down there either. Wade, LeBron, Kobe, Rose or any elite perimeter player get the benefit of the doubt when they drive to the lane and Howard certainly does not.

The Magic have as a great of a chance to make it out of the East than Miami or Chicago. They're biggest issue is finding ways to score when they can't run the ball through Howard. Boston really is the only team big enough to guard Howard one-on-one even with Perkins gone. Also, if Arenas can contribute anything consistently off of the bench, then the second unit of him, Redick, Quentin Richardson and Anderson are as potent as any of their contemporaries in the league.

In short, since the Lakers blow-out a few weeks back, they've played consistently great ball, home loss to the Kings notwithstanding. I didn't know about Howard's website plugging him for MVP, which is hard to defend. I will say though, he's easily a Top 3 candidate aside from Rose and LeBron; it's a shame that he's not in the conversation save for a passing mention.

Tonight's game against Chicago is gonna be great. The hangover of an emotional win last night might do them in, but we'll see how it goes.

No, they're still an elite team. Wins against San Antonio, Dallas, LA, Miami (x2), Boston (though they lose the other 2 games), OKC (lost the other matchup by 1 point), and Chicago (lost the last game one, but have another one tonight) can attest to that.

Hey LMP, add the Knicks to that list. :wink:

Dwight gets played physically. Yes, true. So has every center in NBA history. Bigs take far more of a beating than guards. No question.

Not every big wildly throws bows in the vicinity of dude's heads. Howard is on borrowed time. One day he'll be kermit washingtoned.

I'll also add that Amar'e has a real bad habit of taking cheap shots when he gets frustrated or is having a real bad game... but nothing like howard.

Hey LMP, add the Knicks to that list. :wink:

Well I don't hope that we end up in a playoff series with them, that's for sure.

No Dirk when they beat Dallas.

That's right. I forgot about that. They gave them a fair run about 2 or 3 games after the big trade and lost that game. Dallas is easily playing better than they are right now, though the chances of them playing again are very slim.

Dwight gets played physically. Yes, true. So has every center in NBA history. Bigs take far more of a beating than guards. No question.

Not every big wildly throws bows in the vicinity of dude's heads. Howard is on borrowed time. One day he'll be kermit washingtoned.

I'll also add that Amar'e has a real bad habit of taking cheap shots when he gets frustrated or is having a real bad game... but nothing like howard.

Bigs have always gotten the short end of the stick, absolutely. All I'm saying is that since the hand-check rules have been in place, they favor perimeter players to a point where it gets absurd. Last night's Heat game was one of the only instances where I've seen LeBron or Wade not get the benefit of the doubt almost every time that they drove inside. Maybe if Howard learned to flail around like Pierce or Ginobili, he could tap into some of that. I don't know. It sucks.

I'm not supporting how chippy Howard's been getting with his shoulders, elbows, or arms, especially after witnessing him concuss Big Baby in person a few years back; that was surreal. I understand how it could happen, given the physical play and combination of his wingspan and strength. That facet of his game along with the 15 techs that have counted toward him this season are both alarming.

I know Headache posted the YouTube link, but one can't have too much of a good thing, right?

33dxcas.jpg

Howard's morphed into this total brute in the post. While he gets away with his share of 'bows and cheap shots, it's not like he doesn't get roughed around down there either. Wade, LeBron, Kobe, Rose or any elite perimeter player get the benefit of the doubt when they drive to the lane and Howard certainly does not.

The Magic have as a great of a chance to make it out of the East than Miami or Chicago. They're biggest issue is finding ways to score when they can't run the ball through Howard. Boston really is the only team big enough to guard Howard one-on-one even with Perkins gone. Also, if Arenas can contribute anything consistently off of the bench, then the second unit of him, Redick, Quentin Richardson and Anderson are as potent as any of their contemporaries in the league.

In short, since the Lakers blow-out a few weeks back, they've played consistently great ball, home loss to the Kings notwithstanding. I didn't know about Howard's website plugging him for MVP, which is hard to defend. I will say though, he's easily a Top 3 candidate aside from Rose and LeBron; it's a shame that he's not in the conversation save for a passing mention.

Tonight's game against Chicago is gonna be great. The hangover of an emotional win last night might do them in, but we'll see how it goes.

No, I completely agree that the Magic are an elite team that don't always get enough credit. And perhaps even Atlanta as well. I just find it funny that the Heat's wins dont count against the Magic (according to that post), but their losses do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom