2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2 - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #601
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:26 PM
The Knicks surely have a promising short term future. Their playoff/pressure situation inexperience showed at the end of the game last night. Obviously this isn't their year, but I'd be pretty optomistic were I a Knickerbocker fan.

And can someone please keep the Spike Lee sideline shots down to less than 250 per game.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #602
Blue Crack Addict

How did fucking Carmelo of all people not know to chase West into the backcourt?

Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #603
Blue Crack Distributor

i have no idea. i'd kill him for that if not for, ya know, 42 and 17
Old 04-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #604
Blue Crack Addict

The Knicks are going to be right in the thick of things next year.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #605
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:26 PM
I don't know...it seems to me like the Knicks are on the verge of taking the Miami route, which is to throw a bunch of max contracts together and hope that they work. This off-season, I suppose, will determine what sort of direction they want to take; will they go after another big name, or will they try to assemble a group of strong role players around their two studs?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #606
Blue Crack Addict

They're just a couple pieces away.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #607
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

They don't have that much cap space this summer as far as I know, but it seems that the main options would be either to give another max contract to a PG (CP3 being a free agent in 2012) or to have some good role players and a legitimate big man. Even if they go the route of trying to get another "star", I'd say they would be a much more balanced team than the Heat (where Lebron and Dwayne basically are the same player).

I tend to think that good role players and a big man is the preferable option, given that three max contracts would mean a bunch of scrubs. Last night showed how lack of depth is a real issue (and having two guys with bad knees in Amare and CP3 - if they try to get him - would be very risky).

But yeah, they seem to be very close, especially if you consider they have been playing together for only a couple of months. I'm still amazed by what Carmelo did last night - those four other guys he was playing with would probably not be in the rotation of any serious playoff team.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #608
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

They'd be better off going after Deron rather than CP3 next summer, which isn't out of the realm of possibility given the former's current situation.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #609
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Didn't he say something indicating that he would sign an extension in NJ/Brooklyn? If not, yeah, he would definitely be a great pick up.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #610
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

From what I have seen of the Knicks, which admittedly is not too much, they like to feed Carmelo or Amar'e and let them make their own offense. That's basically the same thing that Miami does with LeBron and Wade. I understand that Melo and Amar'e have only been together for a few months, but they are not yet playing what I would call cooperative basketball. Whether they will learn to do that, or Dantoni will teach them to do that, is an open question.

Then again, those of you who watch them on a nightly basis will know more about their offense than I. I might be way off base here.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #611
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump
Didn't he say something indicating that he would sign an extension in NJ/Brooklyn?
Something to that effect, but I'd be fairly shocked if he does. And I base that on absolutely nothing.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #612
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
From what I have seen of the Knicks, which admittedly is not too much, they like to feed Carmelo or Amar'e and let them make their own offense. That's basically the same thing that Miami does with LeBron and Wade. I understand that Melo and Amar'e have only been together for a few months, but they are not yet playing what I would call cooperative basketball. Whether they will learn to do that, or Dantoni will teach them to do that, is an open question.

Then again, those of you who watch them on a nightly basis will know more about their offense than I. I might be way off base here.
you are.

have they put in more isolation plays since getting melo? yes.

did they give the ball to melo yesterday and had everyone else get out of the way? yes.

when everyone's healthy and on the court, do they still have a flowing offense based on ball movement? yes. say what you want about d'antoni's defensive abilities... the man would quite before he started running the lebroniac's offense.

there's a difference between isolating players and running an isolation offense.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #613
Blue Crack Addict

Man. Got the 3-0 series lead, but I have to give credit to the Pacers for coming to play. They've been tough, and very physical. Watching them during the regular season, I did not expect them to come out and play as hard and as competitively as they have.

Anyway, fuck em, let's get the sweep on Saturday and rest up for Round 2.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #614
Blue Crack Addict

If you touch LeBron or Wade within 15 feet of the bucket, they blow the whistle. In Philly. TNT won't show any replays.

I hate this league.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #615
ONE
love, blood, life

It seems to me that Miami's come to the playoffs with a different offensive plan than they've been using during the season. Ball's moving around much more.