2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dirk-nowitzki-david-hasselhoff.jpg

Tis not an unhappy face. It's 'what?'...

Just my response to the hoorah at the Chicago win and the deathly silence for the Miami win :lol:

the deathly silence, of course, had nothing to do with this game ending after 11pm eastern, where as game 1 ended after 9pm eastern, on a weekend.

frankly i'm still trying to wipe the blood out of my eyes from watching those two teams play "offense"

to go from the beauty of dirk's performance to the pure uglyness of that game was just... i don't even know. and i love defense, but that offense was just disgusting.

i don't know what's up with sir ugly pants, but noah really stunk last night at the end of the game. the game was neck and neck until asik went out with the chin stiches, and the heat run to close it out lined up exactly with him omer heading out.

Eh, not going to win a lot of games when the other team absolutely shoots the lights out. Laz would tell you that if he had watched the deciding game of the previous series.

One of Harden's shots was absolutely drilled even though Terry played the best single possession defense I've ever seen him play. Dude was feeling it. It happens. Good game, Sonics.

If this free cap-clearing provision is included with new CBA and the Magic are able to shed Arenas' deal... holy crap. I don't think that Orlando or Washington (with Rashard Lewis) should be given a competitive edge considering how many smaller market teams, like Indiana, have to be more fiscally conservative.

That being said, that increases our chances of keeping Howard and pairing him with Chris Paul or Deron Williams... I'm all for it. Hell, the Magic could make a play at O.J. Mayo this off-season.

Haslem has given the Heat new life, it seems. The Haslem of old, I'm so pleased to see him back.

Chris Bosh though... yes he put up similar numbers in Game 1 but tonight he grabbed this game and put on a show. He was phenomenal.

Fuck my earlobe.

Also, the word "aggressive" is WAY overused by athletes in interviews. Someone teach these dumb fucking kids a new word to use.

Wow, this board was all lit up when Kobe's "homophobic" incident happened, but no comment on Noah's verbal antics?

Frankly didn't hear anything about it last night, first I heard was this morning...missed it on the broadcast, seems he says "F*** you f****t to a fan at the end of this clip:
YouTube - ‪Joakim Noah uses profanity, gay slur? like Kobe Bryant | Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls Game 3‬‏

He should be fined more than Kobe since his was directed at a fan if you ask me.

And what I'm far more shocked at is that it came from Noah, you'd think he would be less likely than a heterosexual player to use the term, or is this a similar case to it being OK for African Americans to call each other n****r but not caucasians.

Wow, this board was all lit up when Kobe's "homophobic" incident happened, but no comment on Noah's verbal antics?

One was much less publicized. Guess which.

And much like the Kobe fiasco, I again don't give a shit. This country needs to stop fetishizing being offended.

david stern can kiss my nuts.

it was 9pm eastern and this game was still in the first quarter... on a sunday night. that's bullshit.

there is no good reason whatsoever why this game could not have been played in the middle of the afternoon. heck, even the TV rating whores at the NFL put their sunday playoff games on in the middle of the afternoon.

i refuse to watch in protest.

noah should be suspended for the rest of this playoff series, if not longer. i'd have said something earlier, but i didn't watch the game because i like to sleep, and am only now hearing about it.

but yea, it's really because it's not kobe.

Oh, it should be the same? After a highly-publicized incident where all players were reminded/warned to be a little more sensitive? That doesnt call for a more severe penalty, especially when, as pointed out by Hewson, it was towards a fan?

Your bias is unbelievable.

No, it calls for the same penalty. The word is the word. Why should some drunk asshole in the stands be treated differently than a guy on the court doing his job? Both were from the bench, both could be heard from the stands (if your concern is fans hearing him say it).

This has nothing to do with bias. I certainly think much less of Noah today than I did before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom