2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to elaborate?

The Celtics were injured. The Celtics aren't as good as they were during the season. The Celtics didn't bring all they could.

LeBron gave up against the Celtics when he faced them and it was his fault. But when the Heat beat the Celtics, it's not the Heat's doing. It's clearly the Celtics fault.

Wasn't going to say anything, but you asked.

/flame away

Any word on whether or not Boozer kneeled on the court crying for three minutes after vanquishing Atlanta tonight?

I would say that he was getting far better looks in this series, as Wade takes substantial amounts of attention away from him. That and Boston's defense really suffered in the absence of Perkins and semi-absence of Rondo. Even as a devoted Cavs fan, I still do not believe that he tanked intentionally last year. His stats in terms of rebounds, assists, and steals were still very strong throughout that series - only his scoring was below par.
There were also rumors/reports of an injured elbow last year which were never substantiated, but at times he seemed to be favoring.

The Celtics were injured. The Celtics aren't as good as they were during the season. The Celtics didn't bring all they could.

LeBron gave up against the Celtics when he faced them and it was his fault. But when the Heat beat the Celtics, it's not the Heat's doing. It's clearly the Celtics fault.

Wasn't going to say anything, but you asked.

/flame away
And where has anyone said any of this?

I mentioned injuries when discussing with Headache his notion of trades depleteing their depth, never used it as an excuse.
I believe I said
Congrats to the Heat. They just had too much down the stretch, much like game 2, and the OT in game 4.
regards to the series.

Is there anyone outside of Florida that will not be rooting for Chicago in the Eastern Conference Finals?

Kim Jong Il and Ahmadinejad are undoubtedly rooting for Miami, as are Emperor Palapatine and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

kim-jong-il-in-team-america.jpg

Plenty of people have. I never pointed any fingers at you.

No worries, haven't seen it on this forum, and usually comments like that refer to the thread.
There's gonna be all kinds of reactions from all kinds of fans, and certainly some will make excuses, valid or not.
The Celtics themselves could easily have used the Rondo inury as well as the scores of injuries to the O'Neal twins as excuses, but have not. Injuries are part of the game. They can be unfortunate because they deprive us of seeing things play out to the fullest (I said the same about Billups and Stoudamire in round 1), but teams just have to deal with them.

If Lebron had fallen off the pier at Bayside and broken his ankle, I'm sure most Celtic fans wouldn't have had a problem winning the series that way.

Miami has figured out that LeBron is a beefed up Scottie pippen. I suppose that puts Wade in the Jordan role, but even saying that statement makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit, cause Wade can't even sniff Jordan's taint.

They play great D. They grind games out with their overwhelming physical advantage. That's not what people thought they'd get with these guys together... their offense is still suspect at times, but hey... it works.

When those trades were made I was baffled by them, thought it destroyed the teams chances then, and still do. Yes, I think if those trades weren't made Boston wouldn't have even played Miami in the 2nd round, because they would have had the #1 seed. That said, the trades were made, and Boston wasn't the same team they were before. They were still very good. Just not as good as Miami.

lol

My God, I want to burn those rush hour CTA trains on which every single white person is reading that piece of shit.

Somebody, please. I beg you. Convince me that we can win this.

You've been following the team all year. It should be apparent that we can win this. Now, will we? I don't know. All I can say is that I'm personally very confident in the team, the coaching staff, and especially the super cute point guard. We'll see.

It's definitely going to be intense. Intensity in ten cities. Live at Budokan.

I'm thinking Heat in six. Miami's defense is going to make life very hard on Rose, so he is going to have to trust Deng and Boozer to produce on the offensive end. If those two step up, the Bulls have a chance, but Boozer especially has not inspired confidence with his play.

Hmm. Maybe I'm the only one who's not walking in there with the highest of confidence.

But then again, I like to not be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom