2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Also, I'm a Bulls fan, but I like the team game the Hawks are playing much better than the style of play I am seeing from Chicago.

I'd like to see Rose move the ball around. Deng needs to score, Boozer needs to get the ball in the post. Rose needs to learn that hogging the ball and going one-on-one is not going to work every time. But you know what...what young star hasn't had to learn this?

Teague is killing us. And if Josh Smith is going to drive and try to use his athletic ability like he should all the time, we're in trouble. We can't stop anyone from driving to the hoop. I'm nervous...

Edit: 10 minutes later, Rose assists to Deng and Gibson. 5 point lead...:hmm:
I love Taj.

As far as L.A. goes, I'm completely shocked by their lack of drive in the playoffs. I really thought they'd turn on the switch and take care of business.

Bynum? Total thug move, and it's really out of character for him. Maybe he cares more about winning than I thought :shrug:. But it was bad, and I think the guy just snapped.

Anyway, as reported Kupchak will make a huge push for Big Dwight, and Bynum will be serving out his suspension in Orlando, whenever the damn season starts next year. So let's say Kupchak can trade for Big Dwight, and add one legit 3 point shooter. And/or maybe someone that can guard quick PGs. If that falls into place, Kobe has three more quality years left for rings.

Anyway, as reported Kupchak will make a huge push for Big Dwight, and Bynum will be serving out his suspension in Orlando, whenever the damn season starts next year. So let's say Kupchak can trade for Big Dwight, and add one legit 3 point shooter. And/or maybe someone that can guard quick PGs. If that falls into place, Kobe has three more quality years left for rings.

That's a lot of shit that needs to happen (in your scenario). But I don't think this current team was incapable of winning a championship. What did they lose since last year? Farmar? It's all about Gasol not showing up and playing as he's capable of. Kobe wasn't superlative but good enough, Bynum and Odom both brought the goods to this series, so if Gasol hadn't been playing like a fucking fa---

Wait, sorry.

Congrats to the Heat. They just had too much down the stretch, much like game 2, and the OT in game 4.

RIP Robert Traylor...wtf.

That's a lot of shit that needs to happen (in your scenario). But I don't think this current team was incapable of winning a championship.

Agree. Which makes the complete implosion a big :scratch:

Too bad for Phil to end his Lakers career with that embarrassing game 4.

It appears that trading away all your depth at the trading deadline isn't the best way to prepare an aging team for the playoffs.

Boston was 3-0 vs Miami before the deadline. 1-5 after.

Boston didn't have enough to compete with Miami anymore. Danny Ainge remains one gift trade by Kevin mchale from being the white Isiah.

And I don't think the Pekins trade depleted their depth. They added Green and Kristic...gave up Perk and Nate Robinson. If anything, that probably added to the depth as Nate was a basic non factor. The move sending Semih and Harangody to Cleveland for basically nothing hurt the depth a little, though Semih was hurt, so Harangody would have been the only possible contributor, and I doubt he'd have been much help against the athleticism of Miami. I think Green was brought in specifically to counter Miami, and we saw only glimpses of it.

The Celts were hurt mostly by injury (remember Perkins was out with a knee when the trade took place). The Marquis Daniels injury likely also played a role in trading for Green. Shaq being unable to return and contribute, Jermaine having his issues during the playoffs and ultimately the Rondo injury is probably why they aren't playing Friday...not saying they win the series if he doesn't get hurt, but I think they win game 4 and at least are still playing.

Its easy to say that an aging team should expect injuries, but ironically save for the small issue with Pierce in game 2 which didn't seem to affect him beyond that game, the "aging" big 3 were not the ones who had injury issues. The problem is the injuries to all the role players forced Pierce, Garnett and Allen to play too many minutes and wear down, which was very evident in the late stages of games against the Heat.

Danny Ainge remains one gift trade by Kevin mchale from being the white Isiah.

I think thats just a bit of a stretch.

Aside from the Garnett trade, Ainge also orchestrated the Allen move prior to it, which was the catalyst for Garnett agreeing to the trade.

He also targeted Rondo specifically when he was under the radar of most.

The Perkins trade may yet look good, just not right now...they Celts weren't able to give Perk $36 million over the next 4 years, and Ainge knew there were at least 3 teams who could and would do so, one of which was OKC so he traded him there first, getting back Jeff Green who may blossom into a good player, and don't forget the Celts also received a #1 from OKC in the trade which comes from Donald Sterling and the Clippers...its protected for a few years, but ultimately when the protection is gone, the Celts should end up with a top 5 pick based on the Clippers' track record.

He also brought in Posey, House, Cassell and PJ Brown in 2008, all made contributions to the title.

He fell 12 minutes and one knee short of a 2nd title last year, and his addition of Rasheed "I don't play the regular season" Wallace was a factor in that playoff run.

He's also never been sued for sexual harrassment.

Thomas barely sniffed the playoffs with the Knicks, let alone a title, and is a complete buffoon. Ainge's moves have generally improved the team, can you say the same for Thomas?

I'd love to see what Rondo does when he's not surrounded by hall of famers.

And I absolutely think he destroyed this team at the trade deadline. He traded a very popular locker room figure in Perkins. And I don't underestimate trading off erdin and harangody either. To beat a physical team like the heat you need front court depth. Those deadline moves destroyed that depth. Kristic is not a tough inside player, and green is a perimeter player. Both are defensive liabilities. I hated the trades at the time, I hate them all the same now.

Not to mention that losing a guy like Perk and having no shaq available exposed garnett as the fake tough guy that he's become since the injury. He talks big, but he can't physically back it up anymore. Dude got the ball on the post down the stretch in game 4 with Wade on him and he settled for a fade away jumper, which missed. KG always loved the jumper... but he had a 6 inch height advantage and made no attempt to take advantage.

Large Infant also lost a shit ton of money with his playoff performance.

Boston is still good, but their window just got slammed shut.

I did roll my eyes at the comments after the game from Lebron about how he HAD to leave Cleveland cause there was no way he could beat Boston by himself....so that's why he needed Sweep the Leg Wade and Bosh.

That's the point Lebron, you can't beat a team going 1v5. Every series for the past few years has always come down to Lebron isolated waiting to drive to the hoop where the other 5 players will collide, or keep him in front and take the chance he makes a game winning shot.

It's a team game, and the fact that he had to team up with his buddy Wade to discover that???? Still a giant douche. But he is good for the game as it gives me a reason to watch and root against him.

I'm hearing a lot of people throwing their hands up saying "Looks like Miami has this." I still don't see it. I think they could lose to Chicago, Dallas, or Oklahoma City. Not for sure, but definitely could.

I think it's silly to assume anyone has a title, ever.

It's different when you're projecting something from outside of the playoffs, but in the playoffs anything can happen.

A win over Boston was just to put all that BS behind everyone that the Heat 'can't beat Boston'. And of course excuses will be made, regardless.

So how come Lebron was able to nail all those shots in game four but he couldn't for the Cavs the season before? Was he that desperate to get out of there? Or was he run down?

Free-to-air channels over here still not showing NBA. Fuck my parents and their stubborn we're-not-getting-pay-tv attitude.

So how come Lebron was able to nail all those shots in game four but he couldn't for the Cavs the season before? Was he that desperate to get out of there? Or was he run down?

I would say that he was getting far better looks in this series, as Wade takes substantial amounts of attention away from him. That and Boston's defense really suffered in the absence of Perkins and semi-absence of Rondo. Even as a devoted Cavs fan, I still do not believe that he tanked intentionally last year. His stats in terms of rebounds, assists, and steals were still very strong throughout that series - only his scoring was below par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom