2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Rose to death but he's not having a very good 4th Qtr. 11-31 from the floor as of now.....

Impy, I shudder when I think of Kidd trying to guard Westbrook in the next round if the Sonics advance.

That's one reason I almost lean toward Memphis, but I'm really waffling right now. Kidd played some crafty defense on Kobe, but I can see Westbrook running circles around him. I'll formulate some sort of opinion in the coming days, but it's safe to say I'm glad the Mavs have at least a week off to rest up. Regardless of what happens, I'm going to savor every second of this playoff run after four years of epic disappointment. This has been so much fun for me to watch. I'm glad others are enjoying it too.

Also worth mentioning since I wasn't around last night to comment on it: Wade's cheap shot on Rondo was sickening. I'm glad that dude came back and delivered such a gutsy performance. I was pulling for Boston before, but put me squarely in their corner now. Tomorrow night will make for good hoops watchin'.

And what the hell, one more gif for the road:

a2eqrk.jpg

That's one reason I almost lean toward Memphis, but I'm really waffling right now. Kidd played some crafty defense on Kobe, but I can see Westbrook running circles around him. I'll formulate some sort of opinion in the coming days, but it's safe to say I'm glad the Mavs have at least a week off to rest up. Regardless of what happens, I'm going to savor every second of this playoff run after four years of epic disappointment. This has been so much fun for me to watch. I'm glad others are enjoying it too.

Also worth mentioning since I wasn't around last night to comment on it: Wade's cheap shot on Rondo was sickening. I'm glad that dude came back and delivered such a gutsy performance. I was pulling for Boston before, but put me squarely in their corner now. Tomorrow night will make for good hoops watchin'.
Kidd was aided by the fact that the Lakers just stopped passing in game three. They always had help defense because you knew the guy with the ball in his hands was jacking it up. I mean, of course, it's a dynamite offensive strategy by multi-time whatever champion Phil Jackson, but still, aside from the genius of it, it is easier on the Mavs.

The Mavs are in a very good position to make a title run now. They have emerged looking the most fully formed, for my money.

And, to your last point: Leg Sweep is a fucking pussy.

I just laugh at all my friends who are more excited the Lakers lost than for any team left in the playoffs. It's the same with some basketball boards I have been reading. Everyone is celebrating like it's the end of Return Of The Jedi.

I'm eager to see what we do this off-season and who is named head coach. Hopefully the real Lakers will actually show up in the playoffs next time.

I am thrilled. With the Sixers out, there is nothing more I wanted than to see that team of horrible people lose. I have nothing against the fans who live out that way, I just dislike that collection of players and coaches more than any other one in the league.

Should have never went to OT. The Celtics screwed up that last shot.

If they had won tonight, I would have said there was a damn good chance that they'd take the series, but that ain't happening now.

Celtics never should've beaten the Heat in the regular season twice. The Heat screwed up the final shot, twice.

See what I did there?

C's just didn't have it tonight. Couldn't convert those opportunities in the fourth, especially that Rondo layup that he definitely hits if he's healthy.

On the flip side, I thought Boston got a lot more calls than Miami.

Still, I think a healthy Boston beats Miami, and Rondo is healthy if Leg Sweep isn't a cheapshotting pussy.

Rondo wasn't the real problem tonight though...it was Garnett.
Absolutely brutal performance after one of his best on Saturday.
Kudos to Miami for taking control in OT, they had more energy and it was the difference.

And wtf happened to Big Baby....can he get traded in the middle of a playoff series? Please? The dude is just playing horribly.

Well it was a good game because it stayed interesting.

The rest of the games in the series were pretty boring minus the non-basketball drama.

Wow, I see OKC is up 7 late in OT, I get up and walk away from the television for a minute, and next thing I know they're tied and it's going to Double OT. What the fuck happened? Go Grizz.

The first two overtimes didn't end how I wanted them to, so I just went to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom