2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide whether I'd rather see the Lakers defeat Shaq or Dwayne Wade's Little Helper to achieve another three-peat.

I guess the former can't possibly top last year's vindication, but I guess you'd also have the Best 2 out of 3 rubber match factor.

Ultimately, though, I can't imagine anything more satisfying than seeing LeBitch get close to glory only to get shut down by my favorite team. An elbow from Shannon Brown sending him face-first into his Kabuki powder would be pretty cool too.

You say that like it would be some fantastical occurrence. If not this year, it could still happen in the few remaining years Kobe is likely to play at such a competitive level.

Oh, and didn't get on here over the weekend, but this was spotted somewhere between San Antonio and @NYC:
broke+wagon.jpg

some more thoughts on game 1 of boston/miami

--the heat can't possibly shoot that well again, perhaps for the entire series. they are not that good a three point shooting team, wade is not that good a jump shooter. that said, i do think that boston tanking the last game against miami in the regular season allowed the heat to eliminate their mental block that was obviously in place with boston. they don't seem to fear them as much, although i did think i heard the distinct sound of sphincters tightening in the 2nd half...

--rondo stunk and boston's bench was massively outplayed. i do think these things will even out. rondo is certainly better than the shell of mike bibby, and boston's bench is better than miami's.

--the refereeing was brutally one-sided in favor of miami, specifically in regards to the T's that were handed out. the delonte west T? obvious and deserved. and then there were all the others...

paul pierce deserved to be T'd up the first time. it was not a head butt, no matter what anyone tries to argue, but it was close enough where the T was automatic and warranted. but the thing is this... jones should have been hit with a flagrant. he grabbed pierce by the neck to keep him from getting the shot off.

and paul pierce's second T was absurd. there was no reason for it whatsoever. wade clearly tries to bull right through pierce. wade was the instigator. pierce should have been smart enough not to take the bait when he already had a T, but he should not have been hit with a second banger. neither player should have been. it should have been a straight foul on wade and nothing more. the refs say it's an automatic T because pierce was "verbally taunting" wade. are you serious? there's verbal taunting on every damn play... how about lebron's pushups? that's not taunting? give me a break. terrible job by the officials here.

and that wasn't even the worst one... the jermaine o'neal flagrant earlier, which has been overshadowed by the pierce T's, was far and away the worst call of the day IMO. that's not a flagrant in summer league, let alone in the 2nd round of the playoffs. at worst it's a simple foul. one could even argue that jones' feet got tangled and he tripped before he even made contact with o'neal. either way it was just an awful, awful call that resulted in a 5 point swing in miami's favor. it was 9 point game when the foul occurred and the momentum was clearly swinging in boston's favor. if it's just a foul, miami gets the ball out of bounds. a flagrant gives them 2 shots and the ball, which resulted in a 3 pointer. 9 point game late in the third becomes a 14 point game, and all momentum is squashed.

it's terrible officiating like that that makes tim donaghey seem believable. would anybody be stunned if all of a sudden the calls favor boston in game 2?

also... who the hell scheduled game 2 on tuesday and game 3 on saturday? ponderous.

You say that like it would be some fantastical occurrence. If not this year, it could still happen in the few remaining years Kobe is likely to play at such a competitive level.
I don't think it's a fantastical occurrence, I just would be done with the NBA.

Kobe is the worst and LeBron is close behind. As is Wade. And fuck Bosh. And fuck Phil Jackson. There's so much to dislike I can't handle it.

i want miami to either lose in this round or win the whole thing

if they lose in the conference finals or nba finals, that wouldn't be as interesting of a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom