2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take a minute to ponder over this:

Cleveland Cavaliers 2009-2010 record: 61-21
Miami Heat 2010-2011 record: 43-21

Stop hating, Gump. If they win 30 of these last 18 games, they're still going to hit 73 W's like so many predicted before the season. Man, will your face be red when that happens.

Chris Bosh is officially the biggest pussy in the league. He never used to play this way in Toronto. Now he's just good for nothing with a bunch of off target jump shots.

I wonder what Zack Greinke thinks of the argument that basketball is not a contact sport.

Its lebron and wade... not bosh. Bosh is a complimentary player, and a big at that. He can't create his own shots. He needs someone else to get him looks in the right position to score. In that miami "offense" every one just stands around and watches lebron and diane dribble the shit out of the ball. That leads to stagnation. The guys off the ball never get any shots in any sort of rhythm, which is vital to shot making. Not bulling your way to the rim because you're stronger and more athletic than everyone else, actual shot making.

The heat, much llike the cavs before them, have no sense of synergy whatsoever. Follow the common denominator and you'll have your answer.

How is it that the knicks and magic can get major overhauls, the bulls can play long stretches of time missing key players to injury... yet all have "clicked" offensively, yet the fancy shmansy miami shmeat want us to believe that it still "takes time" and they're "figuring things out."

Please... it's lebron. If he can put his giant fuck ego aside and learn that there's a whole game going on off the ball that he's yet to even discover, then the whole league is in deep trouble. Until that point, this is what you'll get. Dominate the weak on sheer talent, shit the bed against teams that are actually good.

Jordan only became jordan when he gave in to phil jackson and started to trust in his teammates more.

The book is out on miami. Collapse on penetration, hard close outs on stand still shooters. Lebron and diane will look to drive on kick outs more than anything, so be under control against them. Bosh wanders aimlessly cause he has no role in this offense, but he can make the mid range so make him put it on the floor. Rotate hard, step in and take charges on penetration. Try not to giggle when lebron attempts to post up.

Try not to giggle when lebron attempts to post up.

The thing is, he should be able to post up against any 3 guarding him, and beat any 4 who tries off the dribble (or make the pass to Bosh since it's probably his man guarding Lebron). But he never does it...I'm not sure if he can't, or doesn't want to, or isn't willing to work on some post moves.

I know I'm about 1000x more comfortable with the Celtics facing the Heat in the ECF vs. facing the Bulls. Between the Lebron stuff and Wade likely pulling 3 hammies chasing Ray Allen around, I like that matchup for Boston.

The thing is, he should be able to post up against any 3 guarding him, and beat any 4 who tries off the dribble (or make the pass to Bosh since it's probably his man guarding Lebron). But he never does it...I'm not sure if he can't, or doesn't want to, or isn't willing to work on some post moves.

i think it's a combo of all of that... i don't think lebron is really comfortable being physical. you can't post up if you're not willing to be physical and get hit.

You can say the same applies to Chris Bosh (on a lesser extent). Note that 33% of his attempts last season were jump shots and something like 50% this season are.

i think it's a combo of all of that... i don't think lebron is really comfortable being physical. you can't post up if you're not willing to be physical and get hit.

He posted quite effectively for a while last season, and he did not seem to mind the contact. I think that he just sees it as less glamorous than driving or launching a three while the shot clock dwindles.

Whether it's Bosh doing it to himself or Spoelstra doing it to Bosh, it's not utilizing his tools and it's made him rather useless on the court at points.

iron yuppie said:
He posted quite effectively for a while last season, and he did not seem to mind the contact. I think that he just sees it as less glamorous than driving or launching a three while the shot clock dwindles.

You saw him more than I did, but I can't remember him posting with any sort of regularity in the playoffs last year.

I honest to god believe that lebron knows very little about the finer points of the game. I also believe that he doesn't think they're that important, cause damn look how great he is!

His ego needs a sniper shot.

You saw him more than I did, but I can't remember him posting with any sort of regularity in the playoffs last year.

I honest to god believe that lebron knows very little about the finer points of the game. I also believe that he doesn't think they're that important, cause damn look how great he is!

His ego needs a sniper shot.

I love ripping the guy as much as anybody, but I think a lot of it is him being used to dominating at every level doing it his way. Even at the NBA level he's able to be incredibly successful as an individual player...it's hard to convince a guy like that (not to mention his well-documented ginormous ego) that he needs to do more/different things.

About posting up, yea I agree it's all of those things. Not sure about Bosh though...and then you take a guy like KG, who also really doesn't do much work out of the post. Everybody seems to want Garnett to post guys up, but he likes taking those midrange jumpers. With him it might be all the energy he expends defending. I don't think he minds contact.

It's true that he did not post at all during the playoffs. There was a stretch in the regular season in which Cleveland had injuries to their bigs, so he moved to the four for a while. His moves there were pretty rudimentary - he just out-muscled the defender and then took a short hook shot - but they were effective nonetheless.

He has claimed recently that he has been working seriously on a post game; then again, he also claimed throughout his stay in Cleveland that he was working on his mid-range jumper, and that never really improved.

Carmelo Anthony, the anti-Lebron.

It shouldn't have come to that, though. Bad, bad 4th quarter by the Knicks.

Letting up against a team like Memphis when you think you have the game on lock isn't good, but you can sort of understand it, even see it coming. Tonigh is a much different story. I'm very interested to see how this team will do against true title contenders, especially on the road. They had that orlando game but blew it down the stretch.

As for melo? Hey... that's what he does. He makes shots. Much like paul pierce in that his scoring ability is based on actual basketball skill, not just being bigger, stronger and faster than everybody. I love it.

Carmelo Anthony, the anti-Lebron.

It shouldn't have come to that, though. Bad, bad 4th quarter by the Knicks.

I caught some stat on the worldwide leader this morning, I think it was shots in the last 24 seconds, either tied, down 1, or down 2...Melo is something like 21 out of 44 in those situations and is the active leader. Pretty impressive. League average is 30% or so and he's close to 50%.

We didn't blow it this time!

Good news everyone. The Heat can beat... the Lakers.

Now if we can just pretend the first three rounds in the playoffs mean nothing... championships all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom