2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2 - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #136
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:42 AM
YouTube - LeBron James Bounce Pass Off Chris Bosh's Face vs Magic 3/3/2011

Old 03-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

watching their utter incompetence against each and every good NBA team that they play is one of the most beautiful things in the history of sport.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
Orlando just blitzed Wade and Lebron relentlessly the entire second half. If only Miami had a third scorer on the team.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #139
Blue Crack Distributor

your miami shmeat are now...

... 5-12 in 5 point games (only teams worse are philly and minnesota)
... 14-16 against teams .500 or better
... 3-12 against boston, orlando, chicago, LA and dallas, with san antonio waiting for them tonight.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

A Heat vs Knicks first round playoff series would be awesome.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #141
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
So... Orlando is only an elite team when Miami loses to them... but not when they beat them?
No, they're still an elite team. Wins against San Antonio, Dallas, LA, Miami (x2), Boston (though they lose the other 2 games), OKC (lost the other matchup by 1 point), and Chicago (lost the last game one, but have another one tonight) can attest to that.

Howard's morphed into this total brute in the post. While he gets away with his share of 'bows and cheap shots, it's not like he doesn't get roughed around down there either. Wade, LeBron, Kobe, Rose or any elite perimeter player get the benefit of the doubt when they drive to the lane and Howard certainly does not.

The Magic have as a great of a chance to make it out of the East than Miami or Chicago. They're biggest issue is finding ways to score when they can't run the ball through Howard. Boston really is the only team big enough to guard Howard one-on-one even with Perkins gone. Also, if Arenas can contribute anything consistently off of the bench, then the second unit of him, Redick, Quentin Richardson and Anderson are as potent as any of their contemporaries in the league.

In short, since the Lakers blow-out a few weeks back, they've played consistently great ball, home loss to the Kings notwithstanding. I didn't know about Howard's website plugging him for MVP, which is hard to defend. I will say though, he's easily a Top 3 candidate aside from Rose and LeBron; it's a shame that he's not in the conversation save for a passing mention.

Tonight's game against Chicago is gonna be great. The hangover of an emotional win last night might do them in, but we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
No, they're still an elite team. Wins against San Antonio, Dallas, LA, Miami (x2), Boston (though they lose the other 2 games), OKC (lost the other matchup by 1 point), and Chicago (lost the last game one, but have another one tonight) can attest to that.
Hey LMP, add the Knicks to that list.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

No Dirk when they beat Dallas.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

Dwight gets played physically. Yes, true. So has every center in NBA history. Bigs take far more of a beating than guards. No question.

Not every big wildly throws bows in the vicinity of dude's heads. Howard is on borrowed time. One day he'll be kermit washingtoned.

I'll also add that Amar'e has a real bad habit of taking cheap shots when he gets frustrated or is having a real bad game... but nothing like howard.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #145
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Hey LMP, add the Knicks to that list.
Well I don't hope that we end up in a playoff series with them, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
No Dirk when they beat Dallas.
That's right. I forgot about that. They gave them a fair run about 2 or 3 games after the big trade and lost that game. Dallas is easily playing better than they are right now, though the chances of them playing again are very slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Dwight gets played physically. Yes, true. So has every center in NBA history. Bigs take far more of a beating than guards. No question.

Not every big wildly throws bows in the vicinity of dude's heads. Howard is on borrowed time. One day he'll be kermit washingtoned.

I'll also add that Amar'e has a real bad habit of taking cheap shots when he gets frustrated or is having a real bad game... but nothing like howard.
Bigs have always gotten the short end of the stick, absolutely. All I'm saying is that since the hand-check rules have been in place, they favor perimeter players to a point where it gets absurd. Last night's Heat game was one of the only instances where I've seen LeBron or Wade not get the benefit of the doubt almost every time that they drove inside. Maybe if Howard learned to flail around like Pierce or Ginobili, he could tap into some of that. I don't know. It sucks.

I'm not supporting how chippy Howard's been getting with his shoulders, elbows, or arms, especially after witnessing him concuss Big Baby in person a few years back; that was surreal. I understand how it could happen, given the physical play and combination of his wingspan and strength. That facet of his game along with the 15 techs that have counted toward him this season are both alarming.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #146
Blue Crack Distributor

Agreed that perimeter players are pussies
Old 03-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I know Headache posted the YouTube link, but one can't have too much of a good thing, right?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #148
Refugee

"c'mon man !!!"
Old 03-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #149
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I know Headache posted the YouTube link, but one can't have too much of a good thing, right?

Bosh gets less respect than this guy:

And rightly so.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #150
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post

Howard's morphed into this total brute in the post. While he gets away with his share of 'bows and cheap shots, it's not like he doesn't get roughed around down there either. Wade, LeBron, Kobe, Rose or any elite perimeter player get the benefit of the doubt when they drive to the lane and Howard certainly does not.

The Magic have as a great of a chance to make it out of the East than Miami or Chicago. They're biggest issue is finding ways to score when they can't run the ball through Howard. Boston really is the only team big enough to guard Howard one-on-one even with Perkins gone. Also, if Arenas can contribute anything consistently off of the bench, then the second unit of him, Redick, Quentin Richardson and Anderson are as potent as any of their contemporaries in the league.

In short, since the Lakers blow-out a few weeks back, they've played consistently great ball, home loss to the Kings notwithstanding. I didn't know about Howard's website plugging him for MVP, which is hard to defend. I will say though, he's easily a Top 3 candidate aside from Rose and LeBron; it's a shame that he's not in the conversation save for a passing mention.

Tonight's game against Chicago is gonna be great. The hangover of an emotional win last night might do them in, but we'll see how it goes.
No, I completely agree that the Magic are an elite team that don't always get enough credit. And perhaps even Atlanta as well. I just find it funny that the Heat's wins dont count against the Magic (according to that post), but their losses do.