2009 Australian Open Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be going to at least two days....

Always a good time...

Ivanovic :drool: sexiest woman alive - hope she or Jankovic or an outsider win.

Would be cool to see Fed win again, but the men's field is quite open this year Djokovic and Murray can take it right up to Nadal and Fed on any given day.

YAY! :hyper:

A tennis thread.

Meanwhile, Ivanovic isn't having it easy out there, she won the first set though.

Uh, I already hate that Tomic guy, just as arrogant as Hewitt I reckon. :doh:

Can't wait to get along to this! :hyper: Too bad it's always so freakin' hot but it is Melbourne so anything can happen, in theory..

Tomic seems okay, he's only 16 so give him some time. It's the fans with that damn bogan Aussie Aussie Aussie chant who need a good hosing down.

Wicked day at Melbourne Park today....hot, but worth it...

Saw some cracking matches, Monfils, Gasquet, Blake among others.....

I saw Ivanovic in the flesh. She is everything I imagined and more. :drool:

very wide open in the mens this year. here's to hoping federer matches the record.

A day or so ago in Melb the weather was 40, in a matter of time it was 28! :lol:

About time Hewitt accepts that he's a crap player nowadays. But I now hear him saying he will get back to the top 10, what a way to hype yourself up. :rolleyes:

We have to watch some 16 year old Australian guy play. :angry:

And he's just as annoying as Ley ley Hewitt.

And for gods sakes they've the played the footage of the guy from years ago 3 times today. :mad:

Jelena Dokic!! :love: :love: :love: What a lady.. I wish that they wouldn't force her into those awkward post-match interviews on the court though, just let her acknowledge the crowd, wish her well and let her go on her way for fuck's sake.

Shame to see the meathead fans clash after the Djokovic-Delic match too. Old habits, eh...

Safin gone from the Open, perhaps for good. :sad:

Never been to the cricket, hey? :wink:

Not in years and don't follow it these days but I still remember that brainless chant at the grounds. Like a broken record... I'm not saying that we could match the Brits (for example) in the clever chants dept but the old "Aussie Aussie Aussie etc" does get a bit tired after a few zillion rounds, don't you think?

Shame to see the meathead fans clash after the Djokovic-Delic match too. Old habits, eh...

Pffft, I was at Garden Square today at the time of the "incident" and didn't notice anything happening.....don't believe the hype.....

Ivanovic :heart::sad:

V.Williams, Ivanovic and Jankovic gawn. :wink:

Who's gonna win now?

And apparently Dokic owes money to a drug dealer. :ohmy:

I'm glad that Dokic is doing well after everything she's been through, but I just find that I really can't warm up to her. It's that dour, bitter expression that she almost always has on her face, I reckon.

^^ So lucky!!!

God my nerves are frayed after that match... :crazy: What a fight.. Hope that Dokic pulls up okay.

Hm yeah on the one hand it'd be nice to see her smile more (or at least scowl less), but then I like that she's not out to charm anyone and be the typical media darling. There are more than enough of those.

Pffft, I was at Garden Square today at the time of the "incident" and didn't notice anything happening.....don't believe the hype.....

The footage looked fairly ugly, punches and chairs thrown and an injured girl being attended to but I think that there was a separate scuffle after they were all thrown out so maybe the worst happened then. Or could it have been file footage from last year? ;) Anyway.. damn punks. Remember those peace-loving Swedish fans, way back when they had lots to cheer about? ;)

The open this year has been huge fun - I have to admit I like it when the field is thrown wide open . . . the womens tennis has been exciting for the first time in a long while - glad that the williams stranglehold went early . . . really hoping that Dokic can play a great game tonight and fingers crossed the media will lay off the whole daughter/father feud thing :)

The open this year has been huge fun - I have to admit I like it when the field is thrown wide open . . . the womens tennis has been exciting for the first time in a long while - glad that the williams stranglehold went early . . . really hoping that Dokic can play a great game tonight and fingers crossed the media will lay off the whole daughter/father feud thing :)

:yes: I love that about women's tennis at the moment too. It's something really lacking in the men's game. At the same time though I'd like to see some young players step it up and be more consistent. :up:

:yes: I love that about women's tennis at the moment too. It's something really lacking in the men's game. At the same time though I'd like to see some young players step it up and be more consistent. :up:

:wave: . . . totally agree . . . guess its a fine line with any sport to find that balance between the old guard and the new . . . for the first time in a long long time I have actually watched more womens tennis than the mens . . . although the Baghdatis (spelling??) game against Djokovic was pretty awesome :) . . . at least they have a bit of personality eh?

:wave: . . . totally agree . . . guess its a fine line with any sport to find that balance between the old guard and the new . . . for the first time in a long long time I have actually watched more womens tennis than the mens . . . although the Baghdatis (spelling??) game against Djokovic was pretty awesome :) . . . at least they have a bit of personality eh?

It's a nice balance at the moment. I like the wide open field in women's tennis and seeing these older players going against the new guard. In that way, I prefer the women's game. You have to wonder if you'll see this on the men's side after Federer retires. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom