2009 Australian Open Thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:50 PM
the time difference for this is killing me.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Could anyone believe that Venus Williams lost?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 04:50 PM
Jelena Dokic!! What a lady.. I wish that they wouldn't force her into those awkward post-match interviews on the court though, just let her acknowledge the crowd, wish her well and let her go on her way for fuck's sake.

Shame to see the meathead fans clash after the Djokovic-Delic match too. Old habits, eh...

Safin gone from the Open, perhaps for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
Never been to the cricket, hey?
Not in years and don't follow it these days but I still remember that brainless chant at the grounds. Like a broken record... I'm not saying that we could match the Brits (for example) in the clever chants dept but the old "Aussie Aussie Aussie etc" does get a bit tired after a few zillion rounds, don't you think?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zihua View Post

Shame to see the meathead fans clash after the Djokovic-Delic match too. Old habits, eh...

Pffft, I was at Garden Square today at the time of the "incident" and didn't notice anything happening.....don't believe the hype.....

Ivanovic
Old 01-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

V.Williams, Ivanovic and Jankovic gawn.

Who's gonna win now?

And apparently Dokic owes money to a drug dealer.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:50 AM
I'm glad that Dokic is doing well after everything she's been through, but I just find that I really can't warm up to her. It's that dour, bitter expression that she almost always has on her face, I reckon.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

I agree, I really find it hard to warm up to Dokic for some reason.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Wow... I'm insanely jealous of my Mum who went to watch the Dokic-Kleybanova match live. Major respect to Dokic
Old 01-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Next she's gonna get smashed by Safina.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 04:50 PM
^^ So lucky!!!

God my nerves are frayed after that match... What a fight.. Hope that Dokic pulls up okay.

Hm yeah on the one hand it'd be nice to see her smile more (or at least scowl less), but then I like that she's not out to charm anyone and be the typical media darling. There are more than enough of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Pffft, I was at Garden Square today at the time of the "incident" and didn't notice anything happening.....don't believe the hype.....
The footage looked fairly ugly, punches and chairs thrown and an injured girl being attended to but I think that there was a separate scuffle after they were all thrown out so maybe the worst happened then. Or could it have been file footage from last year? Anyway.. damn punks. Remember those peace-loving Swedish fans, way back when they had lots to cheer about?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:50 AM
fuckin' Nadal

I LOATHE him
Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #27
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

The open this year has been huge fun - I have to admit I like it when the field is thrown wide open . . . the womens tennis has been exciting for the first time in a long while - glad that the williams stranglehold went early . . . really hoping that Dokic can play a great game tonight and fingers crossed the media will lay off the whole daughter/father feud thing
Old 01-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign View Post
The open this year has been huge fun - I have to admit I like it when the field is thrown wide open . . . the womens tennis has been exciting for the first time in a long while - glad that the williams stranglehold went early . . . really hoping that Dokic can play a great game tonight and fingers crossed the media will lay off the whole daughter/father feud thing
I love that about women's tennis at the moment too. It's something really lacking in the men's game. At the same time though I'd like to see some young players step it up and be more consistent.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #29
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I love that about women's tennis at the moment too. It's something really lacking in the men's game. At the same time though I'd like to see some young players step it up and be more consistent.
. . . totally agree . . . guess its a fine line with any sport to find that balance between the old guard and the new . . . for the first time in a long long time I have actually watched more womens tennis than the mens . . . although the Baghdatis (spelling??) game against Djokovic was pretty awesome . . . at least they have a bit of personality eh?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign View Post
. . . totally agree . . . guess its a fine line with any sport to find that balance between the old guard and the new . . . for the first time in a long long time I have actually watched more womens tennis than the mens . . . although the Baghdatis (spelling??) game against Djokovic was pretty awesome . . . at least they have a bit of personality eh?
It's a nice balance at the moment. I like the wide open field in women's tennis and seeing these older players going against the new guard. In that way, I prefer the women's game. You have to wonder if you'll see this on the men's side after Federer retires.

Tags
tennis