2009-2010 College Basketball Season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel compelled to make the obligatory ultra-optimistic early season post.

Keep an eye out for these two freshmen...

Brandon Paul - already our leading scorer:

128832.jpg

D.J. Richardson - certified fierce motherfucker:

dj-richardson.jpg

Add them to our three more-than-solid returning juniors Mike Davis, Mike Tisdale and Demetri McCamey, and we should be locked in the rankings and the Big Ten title hunt all year. Especially if former big name Kentucky recruit Alex Legion can become a legit scoring threat off the bench.

The icing on the cake...we have a Top 10 recruiting class for next year featuring three top 50 recruits. The sky is the limit. I'm feelin pretty damn good about it, to be honest.

I can't even be ultra-optimistic about Penn State's chances. I've seen about five minutes of inspiring basketball from them in two games. They're way too centered around Talor Battle, and Tim Frazier is too frail to hold up for a whole season (guy hits the floor on every goddamn possession). They won't compete in the Big Ten unless their front court steps up big time, and I don't see that happening.

They do remind me of Villanova in their composition, albeit with a lot less talent.

UConn/Kentucky was fun to watch. Sloppy as hell, but fun. But it's hard to hear what Dick Vitale has to say around a mouthful of John Wall's nuts.

And UConn blows. They literally can't shoot, at all. Dyson or Walker might be able to hit 2 out of 10 open jumpers, and that's about it. I can't understand how a guy can go from recruiting a buttload of jump shooting swingmen and never finding a center to bringing in raw-as-hell bigs every year while not landing a single guy who can competently shoot a basketball. I'd like to think Ray Allen supports his school, but watching them probably burns his eyes out. I know it does mine, ugh.

calhoun has gone completely the other way in his recruiting over the past 10 years... it's very hard to watch, and has made me despise uconn because of it. i mean this is the school that used to trot out ray allen, richard hamilton, jake voskel, travis knight... now they just find the best athletes they can and try to just out athleticize the other team. it's disgusting to watch.

calhoun has gone completely the other way in his recruiting over the past 10 years... it's very hard to watch, and has made me despise uconn because of it. i mean this is the school that used to trot out ray allen, richard hamilton, jake voskel, travis knight... now they just find the best athletes they can and try to just out athleticize the other team. it's disgusting to watch.

Yeah it really is. I still watch them because I went but it isn't much fun. I wonder if it's a conscious decision on Calhoun's part, or if those types of players are just harder for him to find/recruit?

At this point I can't see why anyone would try and defend them outside the paint, you could let that bunch shoot open jumpers all day and still beat them.

Villanova and UConn becomes a more peculiar matchup every year because of this.

Yea, because what those 'Nova guys can do is shoot. And they're not shy about letting it fly either.

I didn't see it yet, but I've heard from a couple aggy friends how brutal it was. Yikes.

In other news, two huge wins for Texas in the past few days. These kids can play.

I read that the injury was akin to Theismann, so I have refrained from watching. Theismann had long pants on, the kid from A&M was wearing shorts, don't need to witness it.

I distinctly remember watching the MNF game when LT snapped Theismann's leg, and the 197 replays ABC showed, it was gruesome. As was the constant replaying of Tim Krumrie's broken leg waggling in his sock in the Super Bowl...difficult things to see. Images that are etched in the sports TV viewing memory.

Tim Krumrie's broken leg waggling in his sock in the Super Bowl

That one doesn't get nearly as much attention as the Theismann one but wow, just painful to look at.

Nothing is worse than Clint Malarchuk though, nothing.

Carl Krauser had no concern for bodily harm as long as fouls weren't being called.

Worth mentioning that after toiling away in the industry for 13 years, I finally got to meet Gus last March. I resigned soon thereafter, cos, I'd reached the pinnacle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom