2009-2010 College Basketball Season... - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Oh, I'm talking about for me as a fan of teams in the tournament, not the tourney quality itself. Hence "personal standpoint." There's been a lot of great action this week, no doubt.
Ah, misunderstood, sorry.

For me, personally, no school that I root for or graduated from is in the tourney, but I'm quite used to that the last few years

For obvious reasons, I do root for all Big Ten teams, though.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Gotcha. Makes sense.

I'm a fan of the Big Five and Penn State. Obviously, having a 2 and a 5 not make it past the first weekend is a letdown.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #108
I hate this place

Local Time: 11:51 AM
thanks kansas. assholes
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:51 PM
I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of brackets suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Sick shot by Ali "Bomaye" Farokhmanesh, I'm glad he took it instead of having Kansas press his team for another 25 seconds and then having his team cough up the ball or put up a poor shot.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
My bracket was destroyed but it was worth it to see a Valley team take down the top seed.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #112
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of brackets suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Haha, nice.

My bracket is not significantly damaged by this, actually.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #113
I hate this place

everyone seems to like ali farokmanesh on twitter

i need cornell to win tomorrow and a ton of upsets if i have any hope of winning my work pool
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

YEAAAAAAHHHH!!

I'm still in shock. I'm a Northern Iowa grad and I love it when the big teams go down anyway, so this is doubly sweet.

Bye-bye Jayhawks! Maybe if you actually bothered to show up at the beginning of games this wouldn't have happened! Am I the only one reminded of the fable of the Tortoise and the Hare?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
Sick shot by Ali "Bomaye" Farokhmanesh, I'm glad he took it instead of having Kansas press his team for another 25 seconds and then having his team cough up the ball or put up a poor shot.
That shot took some stones. The prospect of being able to milk the clock down to about 7 seconds before having to shoot is very enticing, so unless its a layup, its hard to justify shooting that early, but that ended up being the KO of KU.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
That shot took some stones. The prospect of being able to milk the clock down to about 7 seconds before having to shoot is very enticing, so unless its a layup, its hard to justify shooting that early, but that ended up being the KO of KU.
Ordinarily I would agree, but NIU was coughing the ball up left and right versus KU's press, so that might very well have been the best chance they were going to get, and KU probably still gets a decent look at a final shot even if NIU milks the game clock to 10 seconds or so (I forget exactly how much time was left).
Old 03-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Old 03-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
Ordinarily I would agree, but NIU was coughing the ball up left and right versus KU's press, so that might very well have been the best chance they were going to get, and KU probably still gets a decent look at a final shot even if NIU milks the game clock to 10 seconds or so (I forget exactly how much time was left).
There were 42 seconds when they inbounded, and while I agree about the press, they had broken it with the long pass to Ali, at that point they could have settled into their half court and run the shot clock all the way down and hoist a look with 8 or 9 seconds left, which would have normally been the better percentage move than taking a 3 with 35 seconds left (as open as it was) with no offensive rebounders yet to cross half court...essentially wrong decision with right result. Definitely the moment of the tourney to date, better than any of the buzzer beaters.

And Peef, now that Kanas is out and Kentucky seems to be rolling, at least maybe they'll bring John Chaney to the trophy ceremony and he can punch out Calipari for you after he wins the title (as dicussed in the past, Calipari's hair will of course remain intact throughout the fight).
Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #119
I hate this place

i think i can still win my bracket at work

what needs to happen today:
cornell beats wisconsin
texas a&m beats purdue
ohio upsets tennessee

Old 03-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #120
I hate this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
There were 42 seconds when they inbounded, and while I agree about the press, they had broken it with the long pass to Ali, at that point they could have settled into their half court and run the shot clock all the way down and hoist a look with 8 or 9 seconds left, which would have normally been the better percentage move than taking a 3 with 35 seconds left (as open as it was) with no offensive rebounders yet to cross half court...essentially wrong decision with right result. Definitely the moment of the tourney to date, better than any of the buzzer beaters.

And Peef, now that Kanas is out and Kentucky seems to be rolling, at least maybe they'll bring John Chaney to the trophy ceremony and he can punch out Calipari for you after he wins the title (as dicussed in the past, Calipari's hair will of course remain intact throughout the fight).
the only reason uni broke the press was because one of the kansas players went for the steal instead of playing the man right around quarter court on the kansas side. had he played the man, it probably would have set up a double team. once ali got the long pass, one of the kansas defenders for whatever reason didn't run at him and intsead went to the basket for the rebound. it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway since the iron sheik is nails. that makes it a 4 point game with 25 seconds left, which is manageable if you hurry and score a quick 2. but then the same defender who didn't run at ali gets the ball on the offensive side and gets the charge call. uni with the ball, up 4 w/25 seconds left. game over

if i didn't have a dog in the fight, i would have been going crazy. but i had kansas winning the damn thing