2009-2010 College Basketball Season... - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Oh, I'm talking about for me as a fan of teams in the tournament, not the tourney quality itself. Hence "personal standpoint." There's been a lot of great action this week, no doubt.
Ah, misunderstood, sorry.

For me, personally, no school that I root for or graduated from is in the tourney, but I'm quite used to that the last few years

For obvious reasons, I do root for all Big Ten teams, though.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #107
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,886
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Gotcha. Makes sense.

I'm a fan of the Big Five and Penn State. Obviously, having a 2 and a 5 not make it past the first weekend is a letdown.
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #108
I hate this place
 
DRay9911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,954
Local Time: 11:51 AM
thanks kansas. assholes
__________________
DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 02:51 PM
I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of brackets suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
__________________
kellyahern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Sick shot by Ali "Bomaye" Farokhmanesh, I'm glad he took it instead of having Kansas press his team for another 25 seconds and then having his team cough up the ball or put up a poor shot.
__________________
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 01:51 PM
My bracket was destroyed but it was worth it to see a Valley team take down the top seed.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #112
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of brackets suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Haha, nice.

My bracket is not significantly damaged by this, actually.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #113
I hate this place
 
DRay9911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,954
Local Time: 11:51 AM
everyone seems to like ali farokmanesh on twitter

i need cornell to win tomorrow and a ton of upsets if i have any hope of winning my work pool
__________________
DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Bono's shades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 5,038
Local Time: 01:51 PM
YEAAAAAAHHHH!!

I'm still in shock. I'm a Northern Iowa grad and I love it when the big teams go down anyway, so this is doubly sweet.

Bye-bye Jayhawks! Maybe if you actually bothered to show up at the beginning of games this wouldn't have happened! Am I the only one reminded of the fable of the Tortoise and the Hare?
__________________
Bono's shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #115
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,488
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
Sick shot by Ali "Bomaye" Farokhmanesh, I'm glad he took it instead of having Kansas press his team for another 25 seconds and then having his team cough up the ball or put up a poor shot.
That shot took some stones. The prospect of being able to milk the clock down to about 7 seconds before having to shoot is very enticing, so unless its a layup, its hard to justify shooting that early, but that ended up being the KO of KU.
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
That shot took some stones. The prospect of being able to milk the clock down to about 7 seconds before having to shoot is very enticing, so unless its a layup, its hard to justify shooting that early, but that ended up being the KO of KU.
Ordinarily I would agree, but NIU was coughing the ball up left and right versus KU's press, so that might very well have been the best chance they were going to get, and KU probably still gets a decent look at a final shot even if NIU milks the game clock to 10 seconds or so (I forget exactly how much time was left).
__________________
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,886
Local Time: 01:51 PM
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #118
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,488
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
Ordinarily I would agree, but NIU was coughing the ball up left and right versus KU's press, so that might very well have been the best chance they were going to get, and KU probably still gets a decent look at a final shot even if NIU milks the game clock to 10 seconds or so (I forget exactly how much time was left).
There were 42 seconds when they inbounded, and while I agree about the press, they had broken it with the long pass to Ali, at that point they could have settled into their half court and run the shot clock all the way down and hoist a look with 8 or 9 seconds left, which would have normally been the better percentage move than taking a 3 with 35 seconds left (as open as it was) with no offensive rebounders yet to cross half court...essentially wrong decision with right result. Definitely the moment of the tourney to date, better than any of the buzzer beaters.

And Peef, now that Kanas is out and Kentucky seems to be rolling, at least maybe they'll bring John Chaney to the trophy ceremony and he can punch out Calipari for you after he wins the title (as dicussed in the past, Calipari's hair will of course remain intact throughout the fight).
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #119
I hate this place
 
DRay9911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,954
Local Time: 11:51 AM
i think i can still win my bracket at work

what needs to happen today:
cornell beats wisconsin
texas a&m beats purdue
ohio upsets tennessee

__________________
DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #120
I hate this place
 
DRay9911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,954
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
There were 42 seconds when they inbounded, and while I agree about the press, they had broken it with the long pass to Ali, at that point they could have settled into their half court and run the shot clock all the way down and hoist a look with 8 or 9 seconds left, which would have normally been the better percentage move than taking a 3 with 35 seconds left (as open as it was) with no offensive rebounders yet to cross half court...essentially wrong decision with right result. Definitely the moment of the tourney to date, better than any of the buzzer beaters.

And Peef, now that Kanas is out and Kentucky seems to be rolling, at least maybe they'll bring John Chaney to the trophy ceremony and he can punch out Calipari for you after he wins the title (as dicussed in the past, Calipari's hair will of course remain intact throughout the fight).
the only reason uni broke the press was because one of the kansas players went for the steal instead of playing the man right around quarter court on the kansas side. had he played the man, it probably would have set up a double team. once ali got the long pass, one of the kansas defenders for whatever reason didn't run at him and intsead went to the basket for the rebound. it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway since the iron sheik is nails. that makes it a 4 point game with 25 seconds left, which is manageable if you hurry and score a quick 2. but then the same defender who didn't run at ali gets the ball on the offensive side and gets the charge call. uni with the ball, up 4 w/25 seconds left. game over

if i didn't have a dog in the fight, i would have been going crazy. but i had kansas winning the damn thing
__________________

__________________
DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Swell Season... A New Album and Tour!! U2Fanatic4ever Just the Bang and the Clatter 36 08-21-2010 12:40 AM
Let's take a test... 3 college credits are at stake. Headache in a Suitcase Lemonade Stand Archive 13 03-07-2004 03:33 AM
College basketball coach gets ejected from game without saying a word. Headache in a Suitcase Lemonade Stand Archive 2 11-25-2003 09:37 AM
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: #3 Oklahoma vs. #8 Alabama U2Bama Lemonade Stand Archive 2 11-15-2002 12:11 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com