2009-2010 College Basketball Season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every year, I pick Kansas to lose very early in the tourney. This was the first year I cracked and I made them my champion.

Fuck you, Kansas. You fooled me into questioning your reliable unreliability.

Anyway, yeah, all I have left is to root against John Calipari. And Hewson, I still hope that Chaney gets him one day.

A day late and a dollar short, Tennessee whomped Ohio yesterday.

guess i didn't realize that game was yesterday, it was kinda early. it was early when i posted what i needed. i had g-town beating tennessee and a co-worker had the opposite so i was hoping for a tennessee knock out so she didn't get the points

didn't realize one of the toss-up games was maryland/michigan state. i had maryland, my co-worker had state, so she picked up 7 points on me.

still need a&m to beat purdue :zen:

cable...affiliate, likely

Cable is usually quicker than satellite.

Streamed games have come a long long way the last few years, from the quality to the speed. In fact, some of the kits used to produce streamed games might soon be used for televised games, which would be a financial windfall for regional sports networks.

thanks to michigan state at the buzzer and purdue with 6 seconds left, my lead went from 34 to 8. fucking unreal.

need kansas state to win on thursday
need duke to go to the final four
need ohio state and/or kentucky to not meet in the final
- but if they do, i need ohio state to win

this is going to be a painful way to lose this damn thing

onions.jpg

i want that...

it's been a joy to watch this tourney so far... especially cornell, northern iowa and st. mary's.

northern iowa taking down kansas... they of the henry brothers, the older of which is a terrible basketball player who's managed to get two D1 basketball scholarships of the highest level simply because the coach's wanted his younger brother...

omar samhan dropping sikma's and mchale's on fools while villanova's bigs simply try to muscle their way to dunks and missed free throws...

and then there's cornell...

you don't even know the damage to current conventional basketball wisom that will be done if cornell can manage to ride that big red bus to just one more win...

the ultimate battle of new school vs. old school... the corrupt vagabond coach and his dribble drive "offense" and group of freshmen who will undoubtedly have to vacate whatever wins they get within 3 years, with their pre-game dances and useless fucking elbow sleeves (god i hate those things... fuck you, allen iverson), and over-dribble one on one moves learned from years on the AAU circut, vs. the non-scholarship, veteran true student-athletes, with an old fashioned shuffle-style offense, a polished senior big with true post moves, and a team that can run a true inside-outside game with shooters that can knock down shots from all over the court.

come on cornell... i'm all in. let's ride the big red bus all the way to indianapolis.

onions, indeed!

do you think mississippi state will get a post-dated invite to this year's tournament after Kentucky has to vacate the SEC title in 3 years?

this is why the NCAA needs to sanction the coaches harder when their program is involved in wrong doing.

how is it that john calipari can leave each of his previous programs in ruins, riddled with NCAA violations, and he keeps getting better jobs?

what will happen when the allegations start at Kentucky? will he flee to UCLA or UNC, World Wide Wes in tow?

unbelievable...

do you think mississippi state will get a post-dated invite to this year's tournament after Kentucky has to vacate the SEC title in 3 years?

this is why the NCAA needs to sanction the coaches harder when their program is involved in wrong doing.

how is it that john calipari can leave each of his previous programs in ruins, riddled with NCAA violations, and he keeps getting better jobs?

what will happen when the allegations start at Kentucky? will he flee to UCLA or UNC, World Wide Wes in tow?

unbelievable...

I met someone that fucking knows World Wide Wes. I was so excited to learn this.

The NCAA is all sorts of fucked up when it comes to the gap between the freedom coaches have and the restrictions players have. Watching Lane Kiffin waltz on over to USC really made my stomach churn, but I often forget about the path of destruction clowns like Calipari leave in their wake. Then again, institutions like USC and Kentucky get what they deserve.

!

Three more wins and we're officially the 66th best team in the whole nation! THE WHOLE NATION.

Fuck.

They totally overlooked that foul at the end, but I'm not complaining. That was a tough game. And, as cheesy as it sounds, seeing my alma mater play at my new favorite venue, MSG, would be a dream come true.

I met someone that fucking knows World Wide Wes. I was so excited to learn this.

The NCAA is all sorts of fucked up when it comes to the gap between the freedom coaches have and the restrictions players have. Watching Lane Kiffin waltz on over to USC really made my stomach churn, but I often forget about the path of destruction clowns like Calipari leave in their wake. Then again, institutions like USC and Kentucky get what they deserve.

i know people who've been involved with him... a kid we have here played his freshman year at american christian when tyreke evans was a senior there, who's a WWW guy. doesn't say much about him other than that he was always around. (american christian closed it's high school wing after evans graduated... yay for education!)

needless to say there is no more powerful man in all of sports right now than worldwide wes... the man pretty much controls the recruitment of most of the top high school recruits in the nation, not to mention that he controls leon rose... a small time philadelphia attorney who out of the blue became one of the biggest sports agents in the world, representing, among others, LeBron James.

and most people don't even know who he is...

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

william-wesley.jpg

alg_lebron.jpg

ncb_a_wesley2_300.jpg

3702161532_474b4c5a12_m.jpg

worldwide.jpg

the NCAA has turned into a bunch of pimps. money is the bottom line. Calipari keeps getting hired by bigger schools because he wins... and in that 4 year period that he's at the school they will bring in enough money to last thru the 3 years of probation that will follow.

you know kentucky will be on probation, or worse, by the time Cal is done. it's not even a thought. it's almost a given fact. it's such a dirty, dirty game. you don't get that many highly rated recruits at the same time within a month of getting the job and not have some sort of funny business going on.

then look at kansas... it's a matter of time till bill self gets himself into trouble. and even better, the yankees are involved! yay!

CJ.Henry.jpg

C.J. Henry was a decent recruit about 5 years ago, but chose to play baseball instead... he decided after 5 years away from teh game that he wanted to play basketball again.

ok, fine... i'm sure a d2 or d3 school... maybe a low to mid major d1... would take a chance on him.

nope... memphis, as a walk on (as his MLB team is required to pay his tuition). then transfered to Kansas after Cal left.

why? why would these schools at the top of their game give this guy a roster spot 5 years after he graduated from high school and last played basketball?

meet Xavier Henry, one of the top recruits in the nation, and C.J.'s younger brother. ding ding ding... we have a winner. Chris Henry, Xavier and C.J.'s dad, made it entirely clear that Xavier would only go to a school that would put Chris on the team. what a world, what a world.

terrible... the whole expansion of the tourney thing is simply a money grab. it makes no sense. the only expansion that would make sense would be an expansion to 68 teams... with play in games for the final bubble teams, not the automatic qualifiers as they do now.

so you'd get wake forest vs. virginia tech in a play-in game for the 13 seed, and so on and so forth.

that expansion would
a) make sense
b) keep the integrity of the tournament by keeping mediocrity out
c) make the play-in game a viable, exciting part of the tournament.
d) would stop the screwing over of the small time conference champs who get stuck in that play-in game. they're supposed to get an automatic bid... not a slap in the face.

i need a bigger soap box.

I think I'd feel worse having John Cal as a head coach here than I would right now as a pitiful team with no hope of ever being good during my four years of college here.

i know people who've been involved with him... a kid we have here played his freshman year at american christian when tyreke evans was a senior there, who's a WWW guy. doesn't say much about him other than that he was always around. (american christian closed it's high school wing after evans graduated... yay for education!)

needless to say there is no more powerful man in all of sports right now than worldwide wes... the man pretty much controls the recruitment of most of the top high school recruits in the nation, not to mention that he controls leon rose... a small time philadelphia attorney who out of the blue became one of the biggest sports agents in the world, representing, among others, LeBron James.

and most people don't even know who he is...

the NCAA has turned into a bunch of pimps. money is the bottom line. Calipari keeps getting hired by bigger schools because he wins... and in that 4 year period that he's at the school they will bring in enough money to last thru the 3 years of probation that will follow.

you know kentucky will be on probation, or worse, by the time Cal is done. it's not even a thought. it's almost a given fact. it's such a dirty, dirty game. you don't get that many highly rated recruits at the same time within a month of getting the job and not have some sort of funny business going on.

then look at kansas... it's a matter of time till bill self gets himself into trouble. and even better, the yankees are involved! yay!

CJ.Henry.jpg

C.J. Henry was a decent recruit about 5 years ago, but chose to play baseball instead... he decided after 5 years away from teh game that he wanted to play basketball again.

ok, fine... i'm sure a d2 or d3 school... maybe a low to mid major d1... would take a chance on him.

nope... memphis, as a walk on (as his MLB team is required to pay his tuition). then transfered to Kansas after Cal left.

why? why would these schools at the top of their game give this guy a roster spot 5 years after he graduated from high school and last played basketball?

meet Xavier Henry, one of the top recruits in the nation, and C.J.'s younger brother. ding ding ding... we have a winner. Chris Henry, Xavier and C.J.'s dad, made it entirely clear that Xavier would only go to a school that would put Chris on the team. what a world, what a world.

terrible... the whole expansion of the tourney thing is simply a money grab. it makes no sense. the only expansion that would make sense would be an expansion to 68 teams... with play in games for the final bubble teams, not the automatic qualifiers as they do now.

so you'd get wake forest vs. virginia tech in a play-in game for the 13 seed, and so on and so forth.

that expansion would
a) make sense
b) keep the integrity of the tournament by keeping mediocrity out
c) make the play-in game a viable, exciting part of the tournament.
d) would stop the screwing over of the small time conference champs who get stuck in that play-in game. they're supposed to get an automatic bid... not a slap in the face.

i need a bigger soap box.

Except for the Yankee bashing, which demeans us both, Shannon, this is an excellent post, thanks. :up:

I think I'd feel worse having John Cal as a head coach here than I would right now as a pitiful team with no hope of ever being good during my four years of college here.

Well, Cal's first stop was at my alma mater, and he put the place back on the basketball map for the first time since Dr. J bolted, you'd be surprised how much you'd like him if he guided the Nittany Lions to the Final Four.

that is the bottom line...

he pays the bills and gives the school free publicity. so the school is willing to look the other way on all his douchebaggery.

it was always middle of the road programs though... border line programs like UMass or Memphis, who have had success but not exactly basketball royalty.

that he got the Kentucky job is troublng.

Back
Top Bottom