Your Most Listened to Artists of 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so they are for real, though? it's not actually a joke?

I liked this quote from the LA Times:

"This 'Albucrazy'-based band has done for MySpace emo what some think Soulja Boy did for hip-hop: turn their career into a kind of macro-performance art that exists so far beyond the tropes of irony and sincerity that to ask 'are they kidding?' is like trying to peel an onion to get to a perceived central core that, in the end, does not exist and renders all attempts to reassemble the pieces futile."

and is the pink pig mascot guy actually in the band? because that's one hell of a job. he's no bosstone, that's for sure.

That's Bree the Crunk Pig. There's also a guy officially in the band whose sole job is the lighting and smoke machine at their gigs. How the hell does even a band like Brokencyde have a fucking hanger-on?!

Don't ask me why I know this or why the fuck I have listened to all four Brokencyde albums (there was much alcohol involved). The only album I've ever heard that is actually worse than their shit is Your Ears Will Bleeping Bleed by Dot Dot Curve. I believe I dubbed it "the Hiroshima and Nagasaki of music" on Rate Your Music.

Porcupine Tree is probably the band I listened to the most this year, besides U2. Their music suits me. I am in awe of the magic drumming of Gavin Harrison and of Steven Wilsons' lyrics, Colin Edwards basslines and Richard Barberi's atmospheric keys. It's all Axvers fault :p

That's Bree the Crunk Pig. There's also a guy officially in the band whose sole job is the lighting and smoke machine at their gigs. How the hell does even a band like Brokencyde have a fucking hanger-on?!

Don't ask me why I know this or why the fuck I have listened to all four Brokencyde albums (there was much alcohol involved). The only album I've ever heard that is actually worse than their shit is Your Ears Will Bleeping Bleed by Dot Dot Curve. I believe I dubbed it "the Hiroshima and Nagasaki of music" on Rate Your Music.
Oh, God, Brokencyde. I've only heard one of their albums and barely survived the ordeal...you're a stronger man than I, Ax.

As for the actual thread topic: Arcade Fire, Gorillaz, Broken Bells, U2, Passion Pit, MGMT, Sleigh Bells, and Phoenix. Those are my guesses, anyway.

My list from Last.fm

1. U2 - 1,195
  2. The Beatles - 785
  3. Bob Dylan - 558
  4. Ella Fitzgerald - 415
  5. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - 395
  6. Bettie Serveert - 354
  7. Pearl Jam - 312
  8. Johnny Cash - 289
  9. Voicst - 261
  10. Urban Dance Squad - 256
  11. R.E.M. - 230