Your Most Listened to Artists of 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mine would be

Lady Gaga
White Lies
U2
Duran Duran
Beatles
Abba
Green Day
Japan
Kylie
A-ha

It's funny how once things are finally not constantly bombarding your senses on the radio, TV, magazines, etc., it's actually possible to appreciate some things you initially hated.

Or the opposite, as what happened to me with Green Day. I was indifferent to them initially, liked them when they weren't popular, and now hate them beyond belief.

unfortunatly, that's too true. i know there have been a lot of bands i've liked until they spiraled into ubiquitous entities from which i could not escape. not to say it that hasn't happened to me where it's been solely my own doing, where i've overdosed myself to the point of dislike with too many repeated listens and internet reading, but that's another story altogether. blink 182 is definitely one of the ones that with time i've been able to come back to and enjoy.

yeah, i know a lot of people my age and a few years older have this great nostalgia for dookie because it reminds them of their youth. i couldn't have cared less because i was still in my refuse-to-listen-to-anything-other-than-the-beatles phase when it came out. i actually liked warning quite a bit when it came out, which seemed to be hated by everyone. when they came back with american idiot, i couldn't stop finding reasons to fucking hate the band now.

i actually liked warning quite a bit when it came out, which seemed to be hated by everyone. when they came back with american idiot, i couldn't stop finding reasons to fucking hate the band now.

Exactly.

i was never a big fan of Green Day but i liked a lot of their singles up until that horrendous September song... and then came their most recent album. i couldn't even get through 20 minutes of it. 21 Guns, for me at least, was far and away the worst song of 2009.

I actually thought American Idiot was palatable. Hell, I really like a few of the songs and would listen to them now.

21st Century Breakdown, however, was HORRIBLE. Maybe two or three listenable tracks spread over 70 minutes.

Really? I just listened to that CD and loved it. Maybe because I was subject to listening to too much Modest Mouse beforehand, and in comparison, Green Day seems wonderful.

My most-listened would have to be U2 (obviously), Coldplay, The Cure, The Cranberries, James Horner, Iron & Wine, The Bravery, and Cat Stevens.

5 seconds of Moon And Antarctica looped in a tin box underwater sounds sweeter to my ears than the entirety of 21st Century Breakdown.

I guess these are my most listened artists...

U2
Queen
Rolling Stones
Muse
The Velvet Underground
R.E.M.
The Beatles
Guns N' Roses

This year, it'd be U2 without doubt, and probably has been U2 for about 7 years or so straight. There'll be phases we're I might not listen to them as regularly, but I often go on U2 benders that last for a few months on end and I end up thinking that all other artists might as well not even exist because U2 satisfy me on almost every level.

This year, Editors and Friendly Fires would rack up quite a few plays I should think.

I remember forwarding that that Freaxxx or Freakxxx, or whatever the spelling is, song to a bunch of friends last year when the thread about it was created. Essentially all of them responded saying, "I wasn't sure if these guys are joking or not".

yeah ashley i stopped laughing as well. that there's even one person in the world who actively enjoys that, and not in a "hey i'm so funny and ironic" kind of way, almost makes me physically ill.

I remember forwarding that that Freaxxx or Freakxxx, or whatever the spelling is, song to a bunch of friends last year when the thread about it was created. Essentially all of them responded saying, "I wasn't sure if these guys are joking or not".

if it's a joke, it's fucking brilliant...

now i wish i knew what you guys were talking about.
YouTube - brokencyde - freaxx original music video

don't say we didn't warn you.

:lmao: what the fuck was roaring in the background? i didn't make it a minute in, does it get any worse? nevermind, i don't want to know.

that's one song off the 13 or so on the album. a few people on this forum listened to it the whole way through once. after hearing 30 seconds i can safely say i'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty nail

I particularly love the part where they scream "Liar" directly into the face of some girl, so you gotta watch until that part.

I particularly love the part where they scream "Liar" directly into the face of some girl, so you gotta watch until that part.

:lol: that was amazing, in the completely literal sense of the word rather than the positive implications usually associated with it, because it was truly horrible. but wow. i might actually have to listen to some more of the awfulness that is this band. they've managed to roll several different kinds of bad into one truly terrible song there.

so they are for real, though? it's not actually a joke?

and is the pink pig mascot guy actually in the band? because that's one hell of a job. he's no bosstone, that's for sure.

I'm listening to the song because I don't know what comedy album to listen to. We need a thread for those.

i don't need comedy albums because i have Hot Chip :heart:

41iw1HkZJ%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

"i'm like Stevie Wonder but i can see things"
"i'm sick of mother fuckers trying to tell me that they're down with Prince"
"an uneviable case of ring-stingin' bad luck"
"crap kraft dinner"

r013df.jpg

I mean, seriously. I don't think there has been a more appropriate time for a global flood than today. Instead of rainbows, the sign of peace can be Brokencyde impaled on a pole.

Back
Top Bottom