Your 2019 Concert Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pop Artist

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Already a lot of shows announced and on sale for 2019, so why wait?

I already have several on the schedule going out to June. And that's in a U2, Radiohead, and Arcade Fire-free year. ;) Definite theme going with my first time seeing acts that have been around a long time, and for which now is my last best chance to see some of them...

So far...

February 19 - Metric, Brooklyn
March 8 - Elton John, Brooklyn
March 16 - Massive Attack, NYC
May 18 - The Hives + Refused, Philadelphia
May 25 - Greta Van Fleet, Forest Hills
June 13 - The Rolling Stones, East Rutherford

I expect Muse will reveal their proper NYC date later this month, and am also waiting to see what Governors Ball will bring this year, otherwise I will see who tours and strikes my fancy as far as getting a ticket to...

Two more just booked:

January 25 - Damien Rice, NYC
April 8 - Muse, NYC

So I already have at least one show a month booked for the first half of 2019. :D

So is everyone taking 2019 off entirely from concerts? :wink:

Anyway, MSG was having a $20.19 special on this show and saw a seat not very high in the heavens so I grabbed one.

February 16 - Interpol, NYC

Shaping up to be a quiet year for me. Am missing Rolling Stones and Snow Patrol due to a trip to Iceland (not too bummed about it, since ... hello, Iceland).

February 18 - Joan Osborne (singing Bob Dylan songs, I think? She's playing at a small venue that serves good food as well, and am going with friends so it should be fun. I always did like her.)

March 1 - Robyn

June 1 - Brandi Carlisle/Neko Case/Emmylou Harris

September 17 - Elton John

2018 was fairly subdued compared to 2017 (even if you take out that U2 trip) for me concert wise, hoping for more acts I want to see making their way down here this year.

So far I only have:

Feb 9 Laneway Festival w/ Gang of Youths, Mitski, Courtney Barnett etc. @ Footscray Park

Previously...

April 8 - Muse, NYC

Governors Ball lineup had very little to attract me this year so am giving that a pass. However, Shaky Knees in Atlanta has been a fest that has interested me since it started, I hear great things about atmosphere as well, and holding down the alt-indie rock fort as other fests become decidedly skewed towards pop and hip hop/rap. So, I saw an excellent hotel deal, and decided this is the year to take a detour to Atlanta on my way home from my spring trip to my Dad's Florida...

May 3-5 - Shaky Knees Festival (incl. Tame Impala, Beck, Cage the Elephant, Tears for Fears, Foals, Father John Misty, Tash Sultana, Jim James and many more...), Atlanta

Excited to hit the ATL again, my first time was for Radiohead almost 11 years ago. Next ticket sale I am watching out for is for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, good group even if Radiohead doesn't show.

Really all of the big festivals appear super week this year.

I think so far I have Snow Patrol, Beirut, and VHS Collection. All DC.

Really all of the big festivals appear super week this year.

I think so far I have Snow Patrol, Beirut, and VHS Collection. All DC.
I would have held out for the Woodstock lineups, but I don't camp and logistics are otherwise difficult, so will likely give those a pass anyway. Plus I am not confident that their lineups will have any must sees for me.

January 13--LA Phil/John Adams--Adams and Glass
February 9--Steve Gunn
March 5--LA Phil/Bryce Dessner--The Mapplethorpe Project
March 16--LA Opera: The Clemency of Titus
May 11--LA Opera: El Gato Montes
June 22--LA Opera: La Traviata

Previously...

April 8 - Muse, NYC
May 3-5 - Shaky Knees Festival (incl. Tame Impala, Beck, Cage the Elephant, Tears for Fears, Foals, Father John Misty, Tash Sultana, Jim James and many more...), Atlanta

Never know who's going to pop up...just picked this up on AMEX pre-sale, gonna be a riot! It's turning into an action-packed first half...

May 31 - Bikini Kill, Brooklyn

Picked this up on pre-sale today:

March 29 - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Brooklyn

I still have a glimmer of hope that Radiohead will show (yeah, I know Thom said he's not), but even if not, it is a good roster this year so it should be a great night. This was the last of the performances that I was specifically keeping watch for, now I will just see who pops up the rest of the year.

Added this one on pre-sale this morning:

June 19 - Father John Misty/Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Brooklyn

Happy about this one because FJM was supposed to be playing Shaky Knees but dropped off (think he and his partner are having a baby then).

Previously...

April 8 - Muse, NYC
May 3-5 - Shaky Knees Festival (incl. Tame Impala, Beck, Cage the Elephant, Tears for Fears, Foals, Tash Sultana, Jim James and many more...), Atlanta

Picked up two more shows recently, takes me into the second half of the year...

July 20 - Will Butler, Brooklyn
August 17 - Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, NYC

Didn't make Trombone Shorty last year so good I get another chance this year. Did contemplate The National and Broken Social Scene but since it's been less than a year since I saw both when they last swung by here, I am conserving resources and giving them a pass this time. I am probably going to do a swap on Bikini Kill for one of their other Brooklyn dates since the other dates are at Kings Theater and I am moving to a place a mile away from there, plus the seat will be handy to rest my knees before the show starts. I am turning into such an old lady, albeit one who goes to Bikini Kill concerts! :wink: :rockon:

Attended:
Thu 1/24 - Huckleberry Funk - Bourbon & Branch (Northern Liberties, Philadelphia)
Thu 2/21 - Houndmouth - Union Transfer (Callowhill, Philadelphia)

Upcoming:
Thu 4/18 - Natalie Prass - World Cafe Live (University City, Philadelphia)
Tue 6/4 - The Rolling Stones - Lincoln Financial Field (Sports Complex, Philadelphia)
Tue 6/11 - The National (w/ Courtney Barnett) - The Mann Center (Fairmount Park, Philadelphia)
Sat 6/22 - Father John Misty (w/ Jason Isbell) - The Met (Francisville, Philadelphia)

March 9th - Better Oblivion Community Center (Phoebe Bridgers & Conor Oberst) - Las Vegas, NV
April 26th - A Special Evening With The National - Los Angeles, CA
June 28th - The National - Chicago, IL
June 29th - Julien Baker, Lord Huron, Bon Iver - Milwaukee, WI
September 8th - The National - Santa Fe, NM

Picked up a couple more tix and had one reschedule. Massive Attack was supposed to be this weekend but has now been rescheduled for September 27. The new stuff:

March 18 - Fleetwood Mac, NYC
May 4 - Black Pistol Fire, Atlanta

Saw there were still decent reasonably priced seats for Fleetwood Mac for this Monday, so I picked one up, adding to my mini last best chance to see certain acts series I got going this year. Black Pistol Fire is a Shaky Knees fest late night show, BPF is not playing the fest itself and I really dug them when they played Governors Ball a couple years back so I decided to add this.

Fatherhood is affecting my concert-going habits, but I have a few things I'm looking forward to:

April 22nd - A Special Evening With The National, NYC
May 17th - Broken Social Scene, NYC
June 12th - The National (with Courtney Barnett), NYC

June 15 - Florence + the Machine.

This fulfills my curse. I saw her last year in Dallas and it always happens, when I see a band in another country, they come the next year, lol.

Previously...

March 18 - Fleetwood Mac, NYC

April 8 - Muse, NYC
May 3-5 - Shaky Knees Festival (incl. Tame Impala, Beck, Cage the Elephant, Tears for Fears, Foals, Tash Sultana, Jim James and many more...), Atlanta
May 4 - Black Pistol Fire, Atlanta
July 20 - Will Butler, Brooklyn
August 17 - Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, NYC
September 27 - Massive Attack, NYC
TBD - The Rolling Stones, East Rutherford

Picked up this one yesterday:

July 12 - Psychedelic Furs/James, NYC

Pretty much going for James, they don't get to this side of the pond a lot and I really enjoyed their show five years ago.

As everyone has heard, the Stones postponed their tour - since it is stadiums I have a feeling we're looking at 2020 for the rescheduled show, but who knows. Also will probably work a trade for my Bikini Kill ticket to a show a few days later at a venue really close to my new apartment. I am eyeing hard the Vegas shows that The Eagles will be playing the Hotel California album at in its entirety but who knows what will happen with that.

So... the Black Keys and Modest Mouse are doing a tour together. Don't care for the former (actually fell asleep during their Lolla set way back when). Was super stocked to get a ticket to see Modest Mouse though...

Except $125 for general admission is one hell of an insult.

So... the Black Keys and Modest Mouse are doing a tour together. Don't care for the former (actually fell asleep during their Lolla set way back when). Was super stocked to get a ticket to see Modest Mouse though...

Except $125 for general admission is one hell of an insult.

Yep, that is why I took a pass on this tour, minimum $150 around these parts for a lower. I like their albums but the last time I saw the Black Keys they left me a little cold.

February 18 - Joan Osborne

March 1 - Robyn

June 1 - Brandi Carlisle/Neko Case/Emmylou Harris

September 17 - Elton John

September 24 - Glen Hansard

Very happy about the latest addition:

April 22nd - A Special Evening With The National, NYC
May 17th - Broken Social Scene, NYC
June 12th - The National (with Courtney Barnett), NYC
July 9th - Los Campesinos!, NYC

Back
Top Bottom