Your 2014 Concert Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2/8 - Mutemath
3/5 - Broken Bells
3/16 - Infamous Stringdusters
3/30 - Punch Brothers
4/13 - Nickel Creek
4/17 - The War on Drugs
5/1 - Emmylou Harris & Danny Lanois
5/9 - Wye Oak
5/10 - Mogwai

+

5/12 - Elbow
6/17 - Alison Krauss & Union Station

I'm bringing my personal laptop to work on Friday so I can buy tickets to Vancouver on one laptop, and Portland on the other.

... that'll work, right? I'll be logged in to Ticketmaster for both, but I can imagine I can buy tickets to separate shows on two separate computers at the same time? With the same account?

I can't imagine they're both going to sell out within 5 minutes or anything, but I'm taking no chances.

I wouldn't worry about it, you never see club shows selling out instantly unless it's an act that's on the verge of a breakthrough or should already be playing bigger venues. Elbow is not well known here, that's a sad comment on society's taste, but great for getting to still see them in small venues.

My strategy if I do fail to garner tickets to a show I want to go to is to wait until the day of and watch the scalpers on StubHub panic, and then you get tickets for less than face value. Obviously I would not recommend this for shows away from home particularly with accommodation booked haha.

Also, barring the StubHub maneuver I buy tickets at a venue box office to avoid paying 40% more in fucking LN fees. Sadly this can't be done for U2, or again, shows not at home.

Rambling over, you'll be fine, particularly with your preparations.

Speaking of club shows selling out too fast... Bastille sold out in two days. Some dbags bought all of the cheap $27 tickets (like, all of them) and marked up the prices by double.

That shit should be against the law. Muse needs to step their asses in there and make your credit card your ticket.

Previously reported...

2/1 Blondie, NYC
3/18 Arcade Fire, Bridgeport, CT
6/6-6/8 Governors Ball Music Festival, NYC (Outkast, Jack White, Vampire Weekend, The Strokes, Phoenix, Interpol and dozens more...)
7/26 Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Brooklyn
8/23 Arcade Fire, Brooklyn
8/24 Arcade Fire, Brooklyn

Picked up just a few minutes ago...

5/16 - Elbow & John Grant, NYC

Excited about that! Might go for Springsteen at Mohegan Sun on 5/17 but not sure I want to do such a big trip if I have a show the night before, and Springsteen will probably swing by NYC and/or Jersey fairly soon anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it, you never see club shows selling out instantly unless it's an act that's on the verge of a breakthrough or should already be playing bigger venues. Elbow is not well known here, that's a sad comment on society's taste, but great for getting to still see them in small venues.

Yeah, I'm not super worried. Thanks for the reassurances. :)

Picked up just a few minutes ago...

5/16 - Elbow & John Grant, NYC

Excited about that! Might go for Springsteen at Mohegan Sun on 5/17 but not sure I want to do such a big trip if I have a show the night before, and Springsteen will probably swing by NYC and/or Jersey fairly soon anyway.

Elbow! :hi5:

Mohegan Sun's arena has horrible acoustics, probably not worth the trip.

after some "issues" have added

17 October- lady gaga- Birmingham NIA
26 October- Lady Gaga O2 Arena
30/31 October- Lady Gaga Paris Zenith

Paws Up!!!

Saturday 2/28 - St. Vincent - Union Transfer (Philadelphia)
Monday 3/17 - Arcade Fire - Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia)
Saturday 3/22 - Warpaint (w/ Cate Le Bon) - Union Transfer (Philadelphia)
Wednesday 5/14 - Haim (w/ Tennis) - Tower Theater (Upper Darby)

Speaking of, I'm totally going to have to grab tickets to that Brooklyn show if I can swing the timing.

1/22 Vampire Weekend at USC
1/24 Fitz and the Tantrums at the Conga Room
1/29 Broken Bells at Jimmy Kimmel Live

2/07 Young the Giant at the Palladium
2/14 Biffy Clyro at the El Rey
2/17 Silversun Pickups at Jimmy Kimmel Live

3/21 St. Vincent at the Wiltern
3/25 The National at the Shrine Auditorium

4/5 - Fitz and the Tantrums at the Palladium
4/11-13 Coachella
4/29 Franz Ferdinand at the Wiltern

5/28 - Elbow at the Wiltern

6/19-22 - Firefly Festival in Dover, DE

It's been a while since I updated. Added a couple of LA shows and JKL performances. The Elbow show is made better for the fact that it's a pit ticket in a tiny pit, so I will be up close for sure! Also decided to go to the Firefly Festival in Delaware. :hyper:

Okay, time to put my shows into an actual list. Those with * mean I have to wait and see if I can get in through the music site I do some scribbling for.

2/4 - Ana Popovich
2/21 - The Head and the Heart
3/26 - St Vincent*
3/28 - The War On Drugs*
3/30 - Neil Finn*
4/3 - Sharon Jones and the Dapp Kings*
4/5 - Emmylou Harris and Daniel Lanois (San Francisco)
4/24 - Franz Ferdinand*
5/7 or 5/8 - Cassandra Wilson*
5/23 - Elbow (Vancouver)
5/24 - Elbow (Portland)
5/28 - Lady Gaga*
5/30 or 5/31 - Joan Osborne*

There's nothing maybe about Emmylou and Danny, GO!

I put it in the maybe category as the tickets weren't on sale when I made that post. :D
Luck was with me, as I got an email from the promoter with a link for a special presale (probably sent to everyone who'd bought a ticket for Emmylou's concert last year). So I ended up (again!) with a front row ticket. Yes, row 1! :up: Ah, one of the perks of spending too much money on concert tickets.

:up:

Elbow has taken the lead over Emmylou for show I'm most excited for, but I'm really looking forward to my little weekend jaunt to San Francisco.

It's the tandem touring THAT album that pushes them ahead, not to discount Elbow who I'm very excited for as well, but I have seen them in the past.

I wonder if they'll have Brian Blade on drums, fine by me as he's awesome but much in demand, I just doubt they'll be able to snag the drummer they recorded the album with this year :wink:.

So far:

5.14- Bruce Springteen and the E St. Band (GA!)
8.17- Arcade Fire (GA!)

Saturday 2/28 - St. Vincent - Union Transfer (Philadelphia)
Monday 3/17 - Arcade Fire - Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia)
Saturday 3/22 - Warpaint (w/ Cate Le Bon) - Union Transfer (Philadelphia)
Sunday 3/23 - Dum Dum Girls (w/ Blouse) - Johnny Brenda's (Philadelphia)
Wednesday 5/14 - Haim (w/ Tennis) - Tower Theater (Upper Darby)

The week of March 17th is shaping up to be quite the week for me.

Back
Top Bottom