Your 2012 Tour Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
So ... she's not up for getting married in England at a Springsteen show? I bet Bruce would do the honors himself!

I know, right? Yea... no dice.

This now marks the second time that two of my holy trinity of music acts, u2, pearl jam and springsteen, have been on the same bill and I've had prior commitments that kept me from going.

One day :sigh:

I did get to see Bruce play with U2 at the rock hall of fame show though, so there's that.

And yes, I'd rather be getting married than going to see Bruce and pearl jam... but come on, it couldn't have been a week later??

Young the Giant - Feb 11th - Wiltern.
The Darkness! - Feb 19th - House of Blues LA.
Coachella!!!!! - April 13, 14, 15 - Indio
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Feb 27th Aug 14th- Staples Center

I can't believe I got a ticket. I tried for an hour and a half via Coachella's website and nothing. Saw a tweet about Radiohead selling from their website and 5 minutes later a ticket. I'm still in a bit of shock.

I can't believe I got a ticket. I tried for an hour and a half via Coachella's website and nothing. Saw a tweet about Radiohead selling from their website and 5 minutes later a ticket. I'm still in a bit of shock.

Now that's what you call luck. Congrats!

My list continues to grow, and they are all local shows.

Kaiser Chiefs - March 6th
The Black Keys (with Arctic Monkeys) - March 7th
Kasabian - March 27th
The Joy Formidable - March 30th
Snow Patrol - April 12th
Coldplay - July 29th

Decided to add a side of Lenny to my Radiohead during my four days in Miami:

February 25 - Lenny Kravitz, Miami Beach

Have a few lined up so far:

February 27 - Radiohead, Miami
March 12 - The Black Keys, NYC
March 22 - Kasabian, NYC
August 3 - Coldplay, New Jersey

Looking forward to an active and varied year. :)

And the early blitz continues, although its looking good for Spain in late March, which means unloading my Kasabian ticket, but anyway, I picked this one up today:

April 20 - Rodrigo y Gabriela, NYC

Besides the music, about the only musical act where I can say I have a wee crush on both of them. :flirt:

Other than the ducky boys Boston show (unless I call out on the third and hit the Hartford one as well, which is very likely since they're playing with the Hudson Falcons), snatching up bruuuuuuuce tix once they go on sale is all I've got in the works.

And the early blitz continues:

February 25 - Lenny Kravitz, Miami Beach
February 27 - Radiohead, Miami
March 12 - The Black Keys, NYC
March 22 - Kasabian, NYC
April 20 - Rodrigo y Gabriela, NYC
August 3 - Coldplay, New Jersey

And this one just in...not sure to call this a concert or a show, but in any case should be fun!

March 4 - The Secret Policeman's Ball, NYC (Coldplay, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Mumford & Sons, Russell Brand and more TBA...)

I'm not rolling in $ so I am sitting waaaayyyy up there, but at least in Row A waaaaayyyy up there. :)

And tix are not on sale yet, but I expect to add this one on Friday:

May 2 - Bruce Springsteen, Newark, NJ

Can only do this one because I will be away for all the other Northeast dates! But at least I don't have to unload any already bought tix. :)

Past
1/18/2012 - Anerblin - The Beacham, Orlando, FL
1/21/2012 - Rise Against - The UCF Arena, Orlando, FL

Upcoming
*1/27/2012 - Mat Kearney - The Beacham, Orlando, FL
3/18/2012 - Kasabian - The Beacham, Orlando, FL
3/29/2012 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tampa Bay Times Forum, St. Petersburg, FL
3/31/2012 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Amway Arena, Orlando, FL
**4/14/2012 - Van Halen - Amway Arena, Orlando, FL
6/28/2012 - Coldplay - Tampa Bay Times Forum, St. Petersburg, FL

*Should I go?
**If the money is there.

**4/14/2012 - Van Halen - Amway Arena, Orlando, FL

*Should I go?
**If the money is there.

What's the scouting report on them these days? Even after the 07 Roth reunion, I heard some mixed things. I looked for some cheap seats to one of the Chicago shows, but those are absolute crap (i.e. obstructed view). If I shell out any more than the bear minimum for them, I'd hope that it's a better than average rock concert.

So, I just found out that my conference in San Diego ends one day before Coachella (weekend 1) begins. A couple of hours away. :ohmy:

I really need someone to tell me that the experience is miserable; that traffic backs up 100 miles and I'll have to strand my rental roadside and walk in, arriving ~ mid-day, day 2; to remind me that I'll probably drop $1500+ even if I live like I'm homeless for four days; and that I've seen (recently!) most everyone I truly care about on the lineup... such a weak lineup. PLEASE talk me out of this. :crazy:

oh wow, i didn't know this thread had existed, i'd been wondering when one was going to be made.

so far i don't have a lot:
1/29: icehouse/hall and oates
2/27: new order
3/19: duran duran (maaaaaybe)
5/28: florence + the machine (maaaaybe)

there's other people coming i'd love to see but at like $70 a pop, no thanks.

Garbage - April 10th - El Rey Theater
Coachella- April 13, 14, 15 - Indio
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Feb 27th Aug 14th- Staples Center

Garbage just added. First show in a few years at a tiny venue. I cannot wait.

Really pathetic concert year for me thus far, with only two on the calandar:

Feb. 19: Guns N. Roses
April 28: Florence + the Machine

more!

2/11: shona laing/dragon/mental as anything/when the cat's away/the exponents
3/02: annah mac/avalanche city/gin/the mutton birds
3/19: duran duran (maaaaaybe)
5/28: florence + the machine (maaaaaybe)

February is so hard to get through! When March comes round though... considering dropping an RHCP show for a Snow Patrol show. So long as they don't attempt to butcher Mysterious Ways haha.

2/11: shona laing/dragon/mental as anything/when the cat's away/the exponents
3/02: annah mac/avalanche city/gin/the mutton birds

Coldplay - Feb 8th - Club Nokia:hyper::hyper::hyper:
Garbage - April 10th - El Rey Theater
Coachella- April 13, 14, 15 - Indio
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Aug 14th- Staples Center

Won a ticket to the Coldplay show at 5pm yesterday. It was great. It's been ages since I've seen them live and to be able to do so in such a small venue was amazing.

Looking to buy tickets to Madonna in Vegas, and maybe Temper Trap at the El Rey in March.

Going to the Alanis Morissette concert here in a small club setting on 13 July :up: I've seen all her shows in recent years, it's always been great. The Bruce Springsteen concert ist on 12 July, so if I manage to get a ticket for that one too (haven't bought one, show isn't sold out yet), those will be some hot July days.

Things are coming together. A few have had to be skipped due to scheduling and my budget, but here's what's coming up:

Feb. 25: Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto with the Pacific Symphony
Mar.4 Albert Herring with LA Opera (The last Britten opera I saw, I really liked. A Lot.)
Mar. 10: Crocodiles at the Echoplex (Last time they played the Echo, it was sold out. This is the big sister of that venue.)
Mar. 17: Simon Boccanegra with LA Opera and Placido Domingo (This is getting rave reviews; I'm very excited about this one.)
Apr. 26/Apr. 27: Brooooooooooce. 'CITED!!!!!!!!!!!

We may add Galactic in late March. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom